• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 2 on PC

J

jporkchop

Fable 2 on PC

People were talking about Fable 2 coming to the PC in one of my threads. Do you think they should bring Fable 2 to the PC? Do you think they will bring it to the pc?

I think they really souldn't bring it to the PC because they probally just ruin the with all the modding going on.

I don't think they will bring it to PC. They may bring it out who knows.

jwc2200

Reaction score
Re: Fable 2 on PC

Modding doesn't "ruin" FTLC in my, and many other people's opinion. It can really enhance game play if you give it a chance. There is alot more to it than weapons that do 1000 damage and invincible armour. If you haven't tried modding, or just don't want to, you might at least read about some of the things that can be done, other than the simple stuff. You may enjoy it.

J

jporkchop

Wait Wait Wait. I didnt mean ruin its cool i seen it. But i think thay the game should give you the options to do that without modding.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

I think modding should only be done AFTER you've beaten the game.:ninja:

jwc2200

Reaction score

I agree, but will go further. I did not start modding until I had beaten the game twice, once good, once evil.

Evil Scarecrow

Da Evilist MaPhucca
Reaction score

i hope they dony bring it to PC. mainly cuz all the sexy mods will be on there and my comp i sonly 2GB ram and like 64MB video Ram :'(

J

jporkchop

JohnDoe;311322 said:
No. The objective of modding is not to ruin the game, but to improve where we feel the game needs improvement. It is the work of other people, those who want a stick that can do a bajillion damage, they ruin the game.

And we'll get there eventually with or without a PC release. We're already very close to accessing models, and over half of the Fable 2 formats are already known. After we've figured all that out, it's just a matter of cracking the 360 anti-hacking measures, which is sadly much more advanced.

But on the topic of Fable 2 on the PC - I've said it before, I'll say it again, it's all rumors. Just rumors. There was a rumor that it'd be released in February, and that was obviously a myth busted. I personally think they'd be stupid not to have a PC release for various reasons, but mostly because there is a huge PC audience that would buy the game if it were released on PC but won't dish out the money to buy a 360 just for that game.

Ok got what you are saying but I think HeroOfCrapsalot has a good point. Modding is great but I think you shouldn't use modding to beat the game.

X

Xeon

Who does mod before they complete the game, I don't think many of us knew about Fable Modding untill after we had beaten the game and wanted something more.

J

jporkchop

Dude i know you can use modding at anytime im not stupid and i meant to put this in the Fable 2 file.

Chrysalis

Reaction score

first we have yet another fable2 discussion in fable 1 forum :(

second a 2 gig pc kicks xbox360 ass, consoles usually have very little ram as they dont have to load a windows operating system and dont cache much data. The main advantage of playing fable 2 on a pc would likely be massively improved loading times and on high end machines better graphics.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

We have yet another topic revival.

Kewl Munky

Reaction score

If they bring Fable 2 to PC they should have an option to load the ENTIRE map at once so that those of us with powerful enough computers (two GTX 285's in SLI ^_^) can do so. Also add on to the story just like with the first fable. Honestly if they make a Fable II TLC (or what ever they call it) for PC and release some DLC for the 360 version I'll probably buy it for PC instead of getting the DLC because I enjoy playing on PC so much more and I can't wait to see what incredible mods people can do if it comes to the PC.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Fable 2 would be excellent on the pc.they can even keep most of the pc controls from TLC so id would be more familiar to players. And modding fable 2 would be fun. We can make custom dyes, like a rainbow dye, or custom weapons, and more hairstyles. People would be able to improve the game with mods. And more people will buy it. SOme people just wont buy a 360 for Fable 2 anyway. And they can also make it so that fable 2 supports a logitech gamecontroller for pc. Endless possibilites.

Chrysalis

Reaction score

fable 2 needs to come to the pc, the loading times between areas on the 360 are horrific and ruin the game experience. They also cutting a large part of the market off trying to stick to one console only.

However what I wouldnt like is them to make a mess of the control system like they did on fable 1 pc, the pc is capable of using gamepads just like a console so what they did in fable 1 was without logic. So I hope they would keep the same control system in place.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Chrysalis;323757 said:
They also cutting a large part of the market off trying to stick to one console only.

Ah, but you also have to consider that it isn't without cost you "transform" a 360 game into a PC one. So they have to think "Are enough people gonna buy this game for the PC to make it worth the costs of porting it?"

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

It WILL Come to Computer, I know this.. How.. Well let me tell you. :ninja:

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

ScareCrowReturn;323875 said:
It WILL Come to Computer, I know this.. How.. Well let me tell you. :ninja:
Thanks for the wonderful input as always.

Anyway, even if it does, it will need 60GB of RAM and a HD Screen.

Hence, is it really worth it?

Chrysalis

Reaction score

Tsuyu;323767 said:
Ah, but you also have to consider that it isn't without cost you "transform" a 360 game into a PC one. So they have to think "Are enough people gonna buy this game for the PC to make it worth the costs of porting it?"

many games are ported to both console and pc, I think the cost is minimal if you avoid making major changes. A pc even accepts a xbox 360 gamepad as a device so the control system could be kept exactly the same.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

Fable 2 PC= No way.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Daemon300;323994 said:
Fable 2 PC= No way.

Now that is just plain unrealistic.
Fable was ported to the pc with an expansion.
Many games get ported to the pc.
And Pc's are getting more and more advanced so they will be able to handle more better games. And Fable 2 isnt so much that it can only be run on an xbox 360. Left 4 dead was on the Pc and 360, so were other games like Viva Pinata and GTA4 and Assassin's Creed.
And the Pc supports the 360 controller and many other gamecontrollers for the pc. It is all possible