• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Advice for my grandson.

A.G.Randad

Reaction score
Advice for my grandson.

Okay, so I have a grandson right. He is crushing on this girl and he came to me for advice. (No idea why he thought I'd have an idea! I'm 76 for the love of god!) Yeah well its probably 'cause we are really close, he stays with me on the weekends and we play Fable and Fallout and Oblivion and Call of duty and stuff. But more to the point I didn't know what to do I was never really good at it, (I remember when I was his age I tried to talk to a girl and got really nervous and ended up running off to the toilets in embarresment back in 1945 :wub:!) So do any of you have any ideas?

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Advice for my grandson.

How old is your grandson?

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

You're 76 and on a Fable forum? Nifty.

Cain

Reaction score

Welcome to the forum. I do have advice but I don't know if it would be nessercary as he might be older than me. I'm 13.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Wow! I think you're the coolest Grandad alive! :D

What kind of Advice did he need?

Example: How doe she tell the girl that he likes her? What can he do to make/or show her that he like sher? When is it the right time to tell her? What things can he say to "woo" her?

Lists goes on forever!

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

tell him to pretend like he's talking to another boy, just avoid all of the bowel movements and humor that tends to follow. be nice, be personable, and don't belch out loud unless she does it first.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Tell him to lay her down, or get beat down.

But seriously, I'd tell him to just tell her how he feels.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Hmm. Then tell him to tell her his feelings, as I've said.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Pirate X;349199 said:

Do not, I repeat, do not do this; there are no happy endings with this approach.

If the girl is good looking, and has the typical stuck up attitude then the one guaranteed way of getting her to be interested in you is to act like you're not interested in her what so ever. Pretty girls hate it when it seems like somebody "doesn't think they're that hot."

If the girl is good looking, and has ugly friends - then talk or even flirt with the ugly friend! It definitely gets them jealous and thus interested in you.

All this advice only works on good looking girls, and I wouldn't try it if you were actually looking for a somewhat meaningful relationship.

If he is genuinely interested in this girl I suggest he find out information about her such as her musical interests, favourite movies etc. so that he can talk to her about these so that they have a common ground for conversation. (Obviously don't go too far and start stalking as this is not only creepy but may be illegal)

EDIT: I'm sorry, I've been talking to you as if you were your grandson. :lol:

We're going to need more detailed information regarding your grandson and the girl he's interested in if you want any more detailed guidelines.

A.G.Randad

Reaction score

Ok I don't know to much about the girl I'll have to ask him but I do know she wouldn't be one of the stereotypical "hot" girls because he's not into to that sort of thing and I do know he is looking for a worthwhile relationship. The problem with my grandson is, well in the words of famer Giles "He's a nice lad, he just dosen't seem to have much luck with the ladies,".

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

One of the downsides to being gay is that we don't usually have much relationship experience - at least as far as I'm concerned. Taking that into account, I'd say to tell him to do the typical teenage thing, as clichè as it may be, to just hang out with the girl a lot and when he feels comfortable, to ask her out.

Man, guys are so much easier, lol. But that's offsetted by rarity.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Pirate X;349199 said:
As you can see, clearly, from the 13 year old that gets all the *****.

OWAIT-

Tiamatria;349265 said:
One of the downsides to being gay is that we don't usually have much relationship experience - at least as far as I'm concerned. Taking that into account, I'd say to tell him to do the typical teenage thing, as clichè as it may be, to just hang out with the girl a lot and when he feels comfortable, to ask her out.

Man, guys are so much easier, lol. But that's offsetted by rarity.

I'm naturally a very seductive and romantic person, it might be the gothic influence in me. Shame it's wasted on my boyfriend who likes Lily Allen.

I love him though <3

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I didn't know we had a cool grandad on the foruums. Awesome.

Well, it depends on the two people. Going from what you've said, I think you just have to tell him to ask her on a date or something. Go see a movie, that sort of thing. See where it goes from there.

Heh, look at me giving dating advice.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;349269 said:
As you can see, clearly, from the 13 year old that gets all the *****.

OWAIT-

I'm naturally a very seductive and romantic person, it might be the gothic influence in me. Shame it's wasted on my boyfriend who likes Lily Allen.

I love him though <3
Oh just stop. Wouldn't want to scare him into a heart-attack with your posts.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Pirate X;349291 said:
Oh just stop. Wouldn't want to scare him into a heart-attack with your posts.

That's just f**king low. Pretty damn ageist.

Just tell him to befriend the girl. It's easy enough and a way to get to know a girl without being a perverted weirdo.

Tiamatria

Believes in John Myung
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul said:

I love him though <3

Duuuude, hook me up! Lawl.

I'm naturally seductive and romantic too, but here, there's no attractive gay guys that don't sound like pre-pubescent girls. So I spend my time playing games rather than getting laid.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;349293 said:
That's just f**king low. Pretty damn ageist.

Just tell him to befriend the girl. It's easy enough and a way to get to know a girl without being a perverted weirdo.
Lol when I first read it, I thought it said Atheist.

And then again, so is DS.

Wolverine

Mutant
Reaction score

Ah yes, this question. Well, wehn I asked my grandad about it, he said, and I quote, that a girl is like an artichoke. you have to work a little deeper, to reach her heart. dunno if it works for you, but i am now a ladys man. trust me, my own cousin thinks i am hot, and she is 26 and engaged. yeah, i know.