• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any debaters out there?

B

blu phoenix

Re: Any debaters out there?

HodgePodge;95617 said:
Lol, don't worry about it I was just messin' with ya. ;)

BTW: Does anyone feel like judging?

Did someone say judging?:)

H

HodgePodge

A recent study performed by the Washington Post confirmed that, in comparison to other countries, America's average IQ is 37% lower than countries such as the United Kingdom, Italy, France, Korea, Japan, and Canada

Dont shoot the messenger...unless he tries to steal your Popssss!!!

Yay, we have a judge.

B

blu phoenix

Umm..guys...let's not get dirty or anything...can't we..umm..maybe get back to the subject:unsure:?

H

HodgePodge

I'm waiting for Mr. Freak to come up with his 2 points.

B

blu phoenix

Hey I'm not going to judge unless you guys can be respectful and this can be a civil debate.

B

blu phoenix

Well the whole debate going on before and the Mr. Freak...unless I am mistaken. Anyways oh well...hopefully he'll come back. I'd like to see what he has to say.

H

HodgePodge

Oh, I didn't mean any offense when I said Mr. Freak. But since is name is Fable Freak, I just typed Mr. Freak. Perhaps somewhat offensive, but certainly not intentional, I assure you.

KaveX

Witcher
Premium
Reaction score

HodgePodge;95620 said:
^Yes, I hear you. *Sighs* The stupidity of America.

FableFreak;95625 said:
Hey, I never called Americans in general stupid. I called the people who live in my town stupid. I'm patriotic as hell, so I don't take kindly to such choice words...
I really hate it when people say america is stupid.. i read comments all the time on the internet (mostly on Break.com - Free videos, pictures, and comedy for guys) about "stupid" Americans.. it seems its Popular to even say Stupid Americans or Stupid *** Americans..

H

HodgePodge

I didn't say that all of America is stupid. America has produced some of the greatest thinkers in history. But overall..

And yes, while it isn't pleasant to hear people say that Americans are stupid, it's true.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I agree. there are a lot of people IN America who are stupid. I know a lot of..stupid..oh so fricken stupid people. but I'm not calling the name..the place stupid...if anyone understands. :unsure: Yeah that's all I wanted to say.

H

HodgePodge

I agree. And that's all I was sayin'. There are a lot of ppl in America who are idiots.

H

Hexadecimal

ok... so is this debate about the purpose of the United Nations, or about whether Americans are stupid?
I know it was stated at the beginning, but the topic clearly seems to have changed...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

The fact that alot of Americans are stupid might actually not have anything to do with their "idiot-to-normal" person ratio, but rather that America is a country of a very large population so the population of idiots would also be very large, but not large in per cent compared to other countries.

Let say that the population of America is
300,000,000 at the moment and lets assume that 5% are idiots (that's one in twenty, pretty reasonable) that makes about 15,,000,000 idiots.

The population of Sweden is a bit over 9,000,000. Take 5% of that and you've got 45,000 idiots.

So while America does contain alot more idiots than any other country, it doesn't mean that the Americans as a people are alot more stupid than any other people.

H

HodgePodge

A recent study performed by the Washington Post confirmed that, in comparison to other countries, America's average IQ is 37% lower than countries such as the United Kingdom, Italy, France, Korea, Japan, and Canada

Sorry, but that's a percentage.

And hex: The topic is still UN, but I'm waiting for either Fable freak, or someone else to state their 2 points so that we can get started.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

HodgePodge;95833 said:

Uh, yeah...? That's the point.

H

Hexadecimal

HodgePodge;95833 said:

And hex: The topic is still UN, but I'm waiting for either Fable freak, or someone else to state their 2 points so that we can get started.

well, I would have joined, but to be honest it seems that people are more interested in debating whether Americans are stupid, and I don't really want to take part in that sort of debate... it comes across as a bit racist...

I'll participate if it ever changes back though ;)

B

blu phoenix

Hopefully FableFreak will come back...

H

HodgePodge

Well, I really want it to be the first topic, this whole America thing got started kinda by accident. So if anyone does want to debate, let's debate the UN topic, as it's an official one, whereas is America stupid is kind of hard to debate because it's really a matter of opinion. So, if you're gonna post, plz don't post about America being stupid, let's just get back to the original topic.

H

Hexadecimal

HodgePodge;95843 said:
Well, I really want it to be the first topic, this whole America thing got started kinda by accident. So if anyone does want to debate, let's debate the UN topic, as it's an official one, whereas is America stupid is kind of hard to debate because it's really a matter of opinion. So, if you're gonna post, plz don't post about America being stupid, let's just get back to the original topic.

well, to be honest all debates are based on matters of opinion... they must be backed up with facts, but were they to have set black and white answers there would be no room for debate in the first place...
any topic can be debated... I get that you want it to be the first topic, and good luck with that, but you can't really force people :lol:
I'm going to stay out of it until is switches away from linking intelligence to ethnicity... I'm not a fan of Eugenics...