• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any debaters out there?

H

Hexadecimal

Re: Any debaters out there?

Tsuyu;98815 said:
And uhm... please don't mention satanism and devil worship in the same sentence like that... it is not the same. :(

In christianity things like eating alot of food (gluttony) and having alot of sex are classes as "bad things", even "sins"(it'll send you to hell!), Satanism accepts these things as human nature (sex is pleasurable and one of our strongest urges, to re-produce and why not eat lots of that food you like?) and encourages you to, basicly, do what you want and feel good about it.

It really, really, really isn't about a bunch of guys in black robes sacrificing various cuddly animals babies to "Satan".

exactly...
Satanism is about worship of the self, not any outside powers or creatures like the christian devil... those are devil worshippers... and it certainly does not condone harming any animals or infants or anyone in order to please some deity or demon...
we simply believe that to follow ones own urges and to live with pride as a human being is nothing to be ashamed of, and that so long as you are not harming another without cause, you should be free to do what you wish and indulge in your own primal nature...

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

droded;98837 said:
Sorry.. I was just trying to keep the peace.

The peace is still there, there was no threats of pistols at dawn just a debate thats all ^_^

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I just felt some people were being hurt that's all..

H

Hexadecimal

droded;98844 said:
I just felt some people were being hurt that's all..

well, you've said it in 5 different ways now that you thought there was a conflict and we keep telling you there wasn't... I don't know how to convince you but I think we'd know :lol:
there was brief bout of confusion but I believe that's all been resolved...
it's fine droded... you can calm down now :)

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Alright. If you say so.^_^

L

LionHeadTex

I'm going to make a new religion..it's called:"Awesome"..and we don't pray to a god, but we don't insult the ones who do. We care about the world, and we strive to prevent pointless wars.

In reply to Angel, yes there are other countries that dissaprove of gay marriage. But shouldn't we be the country that is ok with it? Aren't we the land of the free? It seems we aren't anymore. And surprisingly, it isn't because of the terrorists. We are the ones in the end. But that doesn't mean we can't fix it.

About the "Awesome" religion. If you want to be in the "Awesome" religion, you have to leave fifty bucks at my doorstep. And where is it going to go? The places that are poor as hell:Mexico,Africa,South America, etc. We, and I mean the world, need to stop wasting money on ipods, hummers, whoppers, etc..and start using it on something productive.

Agreed? I think so.

So help the world out and flip the bird to whoever thinks you shouldn't!:lol:

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

LionHeadTex;98863 said:
I'm going to make a new religion..it's called:"Awesome"..and we don't pray to a god, but we don't insult the ones who do. We care about the world, and we strive to prevent pointless wars.

In reply to Angel, yes there are other countries that dissaprove of gay marriage. But shouldn't we be the country that is ok with it? Aren't we the land of the free? It seems we aren't anymore. And surprisingly, it isn't because of the terrorists. We are the ones in the end. But that doesn't mean we can't fix it.

About the "Awesome" religion. If you want to be in the "Awesome" religion, you have to leave fifty bucks at my doorstep. And where is it going to go? The places that are poor as hell:Mexico,Africa,South America, etc. We, and I mean the world, need to stop wasting money on ipods, hummers, whoppers, etc..and start using it on something productive.

Agreed? I think so.

So help the world out and flip the bird to whoever thinks you shouldn't!:lol:
+rep...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

What exactly is the debate about? Or does it keep going to differen't topics? :lol:

H

Hexadecimal

Sephiroxas;99065 said:
What exactly is the debate about? Or does it keep going to differen't topics? :lol:

I think it's just an open debate at this point... we just discuss whatever point takes our fancy at the time and you can jump in whenever you like...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I had a point I wanted to say, but My sentences are getting jumbled maybe when I'm more awake.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

It sounds like Satanism looks to embrace the primal self instead of shunning it. That sounds like a more wholistic approach to life. In my experience the repression of such natural and healthy urges leads to perversion that DOES hurt people.

H

HodgePodge

Yes, but that's what Christianity is about. Recognizing that we, as humans, have primal urges, but controlling them so that we may reap the benefits. After all, would you rather indulge these primal urges for your lifespan, or for eternity?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

HodgePodge;99479 said:
Yes, but that's what Christianity is about. Recognizing that we, as humans, have primal urges, but controlling them so that we may reap the benefits. After all, would you rather indulge these primal urges for your lifespan, or for eternity?

So if my primal urge was to marry a woman? Christianity would support me?

H

HodgePodge

Ummmm...I meant that if you did have that urge, then the Christian thing to do would be to control it during this life, and reap the benefits in the next.

H

Hexadecimal

HodgePodge;99479 said:

well... that would largely depend on whether you believed it was possible to exist for eternity...
for those who do not, the promise of eternal rewards rings rather empty...
and I sincerely doubt that such primal urges as gluttony and wanton sexuality are the rewards allocated to the faithful in the afterlife if you happen to be a believer...

Sephiroxas;99488 said:
So if my primal urge was to marry a woman? Christianity would support me?

some would ^_^
the United Church, at least here, performs gay marriages now...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Hexadecimal;99503 said:
some would ^_^
the United Church, at least here, performs gay marriages now...

^_^ Well that's good. Will you marry me? :lol: Joking.

H

Hexadecimal

Sephiroxas;99521 said:
^_^ Well that's good. Will you marry me? :lol: Joking.

hmmm.... :shifty:... you may want to swing that one by Andy first... ;)

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

HodgePodge;99496 said:
Ummmm...I meant that if you did have that urge, then the Christian thing to do would be to control it during this life, and reap the benefits in the next.
So we can be lustful and gluttonous and wrathful in heaven o_O.

I think that these thinks have consequences if they are over indulged and that has lead to the "damning" them as being evil which leads to an imbalance and a denying of part of who you really are. Controlled is one thing vilified is something very different.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

HodgePodge;99479 said:
After all, would you rather indulge these primal urges for your lifespan, or for eternity?

Uhm... if these "primal urges" are "bad", "sins", - do you really believe that Heaven is full of them? I mean, that'd be so ....hypocritical.

I don't think any christian would agree with that.

T

TheCrimsonKing

Im pretty good at debating things . . . . . . . .you *** hole . . . . . . .jk