• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Armor, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Armor, perhaps?

Rheckameohs;363626 said:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if your clothes morphed like your weapon did.

Now that is definitely something I would like to see. great shout !

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Yeah, that might be cool.

Or it might be incredibly dumb. Would depend on how it worked out.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Sabbath;363611 said:
lol suppose thats so.
A little armor rating wouldn't be bad either, but make it have disadvantages to it.

Like every generic Dungeons and Dragons RPG?

Rheckameohs;363626 said:
I wouldn't be at all surprised if your clothes morphed like your weapon did.

That'd probably suck. I don't like the morphing system at all. I want to have some degree of control over the way I look.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score

There is a way both armor and clothes could be used separately. Instead of wearing humongous plate armors and such, for defense and stats you could wear stuff like what the police have (although not exactly, that wouldn't be fun) and then have clothes for fasion or whatever on top of that.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Clothing morphing might be cool, but it would be nice if your clothing/armor just got stronger over time and gave you more of a defense bonus as you used it rather than the look of it changing. That way, there could still be some type of armor ratings, and you can still choose from any of the clothing in the game.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

why have your clothes morph? you can dye them any way

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

As much as I love armour, it just wouldn't fit into Fable's time setting. Like Walker said, Armour isn't very helpful at all against firearms. And I also like the different stats on armour and such, but there wouln't really be any point with clothing.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Arseface;363738 said:
That'd probably suck. I don't like the morphing system at all. I want to have some degree of control over the way I look.

Except, you know, you kind of do. Peter has clearly said the morphing system is based entirely on the weapon you use, who you use it on, and how you use it. Clothes could be tied into that somehow, or be based on your morality.

Basically, you control it by playing the game.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Rheckameohs;363937 said:
Except, you know, you kind of do. Peter has clearly said the morphing system is based entirely on the weapon you use, who you use it on, and how you use it. Clothes could be tied into that somehow, or be based on your morality.

Basically, you control it by playing the game.

I meant direct control. I don't want to have to play through the game three times just to find out what is going to happen to my weapon/clothes for each "decision". I might want to play with some irony; dress up like a saint, but secretly eat babies or vice versa.

Jmax09

WR in Chicken Kicking
Reaction score

Well, judging by the MASSIVE WINGS coming out of the guys back, the guy looks like he is in uberangelmode so I don't think it's armour.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Arseface;364140 said:
I meant direct control. I don't want to have to play through the game three times just to find out what is going to happen to my weapon/clothes for each "decision". I might want to play with some irony; dress up like a saint, but secretly eat babies or vice versa.

Alternatively, you can open up your save, do whatever, and see what happens. I have severe doubts that the morphing system consumes that much time. :p

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

I honestly think, they should remove the attractive rating thing. I was confined to Noble gents clothing because i didn't want to look bad.

And I like the idea of clothing morphing. I always wanted it. But It should be for some clothing items. Like the knothole Knight armor you get from the Knothole Island DLC. It changes based on alignment. When I figured that out I was as happy as a butterfly.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

I don't think that the noble gent's clothes were the only ones that were attractive. I wore a bunch of different stuff, and was usually pretty attractive.

Possibly the gent's stuff was just the most so, but I don't think everything else was that far behind.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Well for female character it was noble lady. Eventually I got sick of it and started wearing what I wanted. Assassin outfits and highwayman outfits. The highwayman thing looks good died black on a corrupt evil female character with demented mime make up. And it makes me lol how my corrupt evil male character looks like my dad when it wears a stache.

But any way, the main point is that clothing stats in general should all be gone. Except of course if the clothing is so bizarre or scary or like meant to be in a certain way. Oh wait there we go again

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Eh, full attractiveness is kind of annoying since people fall in love with you the instant they see you, and then proceed to follow you around wherever you ****ing go. No privacy, I tell you. My resolve was to simply make my characters look how I wanted them to look. My female characters may not have had full attractiveness, but dammit, they looked hot to me.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

^That's exactly what Lionhead is trying to get players to do, and I love it. They want each Hero to be unique and unlike any other. I wouldn't be surprised if they took out attractiveness ratings in Fable 3 as well.

Codez

The Enigma
Reaction score

Yeah for my first characters I found I was only really wearing the more beneficial clothing in both Fable I and II.

And another thing about Fable I is that I never even wore clothes because of the no clothing boast, so eventually I gave up on armor and ran around naked all the time :p

grado

Reaction score

it would be bad to have armor cause it would be in the end every1 with the same awsome armor and thats what lionhead wanted to get rid of with the weapons like the daichi, red dragon being the best. they also want each character and to look unique to you and what you want him to look like and the unique weapon

*only read first page then commented*

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Yes, that's essentially what we've decided

Yob_Zarbo

Former Champion
Reaction score

When it comes to ratings, or defense boosts and such, I think they'd be better left out, but in Fable 1, it did provide a little more diversity for your character. I mean, I played through it more than a dozen times, and each time, I wore a different costume the whole way through. One game, I was a big, tough brute with thick, mean-looking plate armour. Next time, I was a skinny, little mage who could barely swing sword, running around with the fancy-ass Will User's outfit.

I do complain about the lack of choice in clothing in Fable II, though. In the first one, it was easier to mix up parts of outfits to create a unique, yet stylish costumes for yourself. In Fable II, I'd usually resort to mimicking my "Punk-rocker" outfit from the first game. In the first it was Villager trousers, (I'd switch between the three, occasionally,) dark leather boots, the Bandit vest and a warrior stripe. In Fable II, I felt so limited in my choices that I'd wear the same thing, except with explorer trousers and boots. Everything else in the game just looked kinda stupid. That is, until I got "See the Future" and found the Witchspotting hat. Now I look like Indiana Jones with a longer coat and a big sword.

So, I guess my point here is, that defense boosts or no, I still think armour of some kind, of many kinds, should be available in Fable III. But what I would really like to see is more pieces to the clothing. Wanna wear a cape? Sure! Don't want the gawdy shoulder pads on it? Take them off! Molyneaux is all about freedom of choice, yet one of the most important aspects of our characters is basically limited to a choice between Bandit gear, or goofy-looking pants that no one in their right mind would go out in.

Status
Not open for further replies.