• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Diablo;381953 said:
@ All staff: What do you think S'wit means? The way it's used kinda makes it seem like "idiot".
@ Angel: Hot or cold?
S'wit, as in Oblivion usage, does infer "idiot" - at least to my understanding of the word.
And cold - always cold.

TRA Rotid;382319 said:
Does anyone know the name of the instrument that starts playing at 1:35 in this video.

The same, or at least very similar, instrument can be more clearly heard in the menu of this game.
I'm thinking trumpet, to be honest - looks to long in the video to be a bugle or cornet. But I'm not really up on brass instruments, I'm afraid.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;382319 said:
Does anyone know the name of the instrument that starts playing at 1:35 in this video.

The same, or at least very similar, instrument can be more clearly heard in the menu of this game.

I'm obviously not staff, but I can tell you it's a trumpet. I know this for a fact because I play it.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^Everybody says he looks like Hitler, I don't see it, they are good musicians :(

HobbeBrain

Reaction score

@ Gikoku, because of your outbreak earlier.

You are locked in a room with all the other staff, deep underground, with no way of escape, however there is an air vent (NOT big enough to climb through.) My question is this: who do you eat first?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

HobbeBrain;382372 said:
@ Gikoku, because of your outbreak earlier.

You are locked in a room with all the other staff, deep underground, with no way of escape, however there is an air vent (NOT big enough to climb through.) My question is this: who do you eat first?

Well I'm not going to eat Dark Drakan, he's my best friend. I don't want to eat Steve (looking like Jesus and all, plus this place will collapse without him), FableFreak has a gun. Well, I wouldn't mind eating.. no, Steve would kill me. Zamamee is already dead and Todd is an actual Viking...

That just leaves Tsuyu & Shirosaki, nothing personal guys.. I'll have to kill sfroggy1 as well and sprinkle his remains for some frog seasoning to help with the flavour.

What happens next is anybody's guess.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Well I know what a trumpet is, but are you certain that the instrument I`m asking, with a vibrant flute-like, but slightly deeper voice, is a trumpet.
So - I know that the instrument at the start of the video is a trumpet, but skip to 1:35 or better yet, click the second link to hear the sound again.

I`ve been trying to figure out what exactly this instrument is for a long time now... I think it might very well be my favorite musical instrument.
(it might very well be a string instrument, not a wind? instrument, I don`t know :lol:)

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

@ Gikoku: You like putting women caught in weird expressions (Or eating apples) as your avatar, huh?

@ All staff: If I offered you the opportunity to go back in time with me to the time of horse-drawn carriages and such and be highwaymen who can turn invisible, would you do it?

@ DarkDrakan: Berries and cream, berries and cream, I'm a little lad who loves berries and cream. Do you?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Top three fantasies. Now!!!

HobbeBrain

Reaction score

At all staff: If you woke up to find you had somehow during the night aquired the voice of a small irish three year old girl, what would you do?

And:
Do you like me?

And:
On a serious note, I went onto the 'What does everybody look like?' thread, and saw Dr.Zoid had started it, and he'd been banned, so I decided to find out why :ninja: so I looked at his posted and saw some threads he'd posted in had the last post dated sometime in 2009... so why was it colour coded as a hot thread??

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Top five fantasies, now! (1-upped your sorry boot.)

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

All staff, on a scaled of 1-10, how awesome do you think The Who are? Or is. I think it is are. I hate english.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

ALL STAFF:

Do ya love meh?
Are you playin your love games uh wit me?
I just wanna know what to do cause I need your love a lot
Uh come on now!

HobbeBrain;382523 said:
On a serious note, I went onto the 'What does everybody look like?' thread, and saw Dr.Zoid had started it, and he'd been banned, so I decided to find out why :ninja: so I looked at his posted and saw some threads he'd posted in had the last post dated sometime in 2009... so why was it colour coded as a hot thread??

If you'd checked the rest of his thread, or even searched his last few posts you'd have found the answer yourself.

DrZoid's Last Post;310982 said:
I believe I said you rule these forums like a dictatorship. So apparently you missed my point.

F*** this stupid forum anyway. & F*** You tsuyu.

I'm mainly just disappointed in Drakan or whomever it was who appointed such terrible mods to these forums.

"g'day" you mentally challenged folk

*signs off*

HobbeBrain

Reaction score

droded;382551 said:
If you'd checked the rest of his thread, or even searched his last few posts you'd have found the answer yourself.

^ That wasn't my question....

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

HobbeBrain;382552 said:
^ That wasn't my question....

Apologies, the threads are marked as "Hot" because the number of replies in them is over a certain limit.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Ah! The repressed memories! The mental scarring! Why did you have to bring it up?!

*rocks back and forth in a corner*

HobbeBrain

Reaction score

droded;382554 said:
Apologies, the threads are marked as "Hot" because the number of replies in them is over a certain limit.

Apology assepted ;)

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Diablo;382493 said:
@ Gikoku: You like putting women caught in weird expressions (Or eating apples) as your avatar, huh?

Yes I do, but I'm still trying to find one of an Asian lady fisting her nostrils with cat ears on, while vomiting on herself.

Arseface;382504 said:
Top three fantasies. Now!!!
Firis;382524 said:
Top five fantasies, now! (1-upped your sorry boot.)

Too inappropriate for me to share on here.

Skotekal;382525 said:
All staff, on a scaled of 1-10, how awesome do you think The Who are? Or is. I think it is are. I hate english.

5, I prefer The Doors.

HobbeBrain;382523 said:
At all staff: If you woke up to find you had somehow during the night aquired the voice of a small irish three year old girl, what would you do?

And:
Do you like me?

1. Make prank phone calls, scare my wife, then become famous for being the 26yo male with the 3yo voice.

2. Sure.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

That Dr.Zoid bit brings those days back. Is it just me or has the site been... less rambunctious recently?

I.E. people have not been flaming dicks?