• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Walker;381549 said:
"Gets it cut?" If you're going to go for the baldy look, what's wrong with doing it yourself? Cheaper, anyway.
By gets it cut I mean I do it at home meself. Not paying the extortionate prices a barber would charge - hell, I get my hair cut for free by my neighbour, I'm that tight-fisted...
Firis;381588 said:
Dear Staff and members, are Magikarp really this worthless or is my Marshtomp just immune?
Do a what with a whom?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;381653 said:
Do a what with a whom?

Have you never heard of Pokemon?

POKEMON!! GOOOTTA CATCH 'EM AAAAAALL!!

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I've heard of Pokemon. I'm just not 12 anymore.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

:O Well you should be :'(

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Dear staff, what would you recommend as a good amount of time to sleep? For some reason 5-6 hours just isn't cuttin' it.

And if you could choose to go back in time to any time period, but never be able to fast-travel forward it time, where would you go?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Skotekal;381667 said:
Dear staff, what would you recommend as a good amount of time to sleep? For some reason 5-6 hours just isn't cuttin' it.

And if you could choose to go back in time to any time period, but never be able to fast-travel forward it time, where would you go?
1) Between 7 and 8 hours works for me - but I sleep a lot.

2) Er...how about 1982. Not a care in the world, back then...being a newborn and all...

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Skrote - 5-6 hours is never a "recommended healthy" amount of sleep.

Should be something like 8-12 hours every night until you're 18, and then it gradually becomes less.
(Growing bones and all)

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

12 hours a night until you're 18??

Never heard that one before...

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

I get 7 - 9 hours, some of my friends get 10 - 12 hours, I go to bed usually about 2 or 3 and make my alarm wake me up at late morning (Usually 9 - 11)

If I get less than eight I always take an hour nap in the early evening (Around 4 or 5) and that also makes me chill all night aswell.

I am a very tired and laid back individual no matter how much I sleep though, I could sleep twelve hours and be the same as I am now, droopy eyed and chill.

Albert Einstein said he needed at least ten hours of sleep.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Skotekal;381667 said:

1. 8 hours, no more no less.

2. 5 hours ago, so I can figure out where my keys have gone.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Angel;381653 said:
By gets it cut I mean I do it at home meself. Not paying the extortionate prices a barber would charge - hell, I get my hair cut for free by my neighbour, I'm that tight-fisted...

Hooah. Cheapness rocks.

Silent420

Proud Progressive
Premium
Reaction score

This is a question about the forum rules. About a year ago I got an infraction for talking about illegal activities (Pot), and I was wondering if I can get in trouble while debating how I believe it should be legalized and talking about the positive effects etc.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I think a debate is one thing but if you were encouraging others to indulge in an illegal activity or giving details regarding how to go about pursuing such a thing then that would be quite another matter altogether.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

There is a big difference in arguing about legalization as opposed to sharing your tips for growing weed in a closet, if you get my drift. The rule only applies to doing illegal things. So, for example, you can talk about torrents all you want as long as you don't link to pirating websites and so forth.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

@ All staff: What do you think S'wit means? The way it's used kinda makes it seem like "idiot".
@ Angel: Hot or cold?

@Projectego: I have reason to believe one of your children is Nerevar reborn, send them to a distant island all alone with nothing but raggy clothes and a dagger, they'll come back rich and wearing expensive armor. I assure you.

@ Dark Drakan: I don't want to work, I just want to bang on my drum all day. How can I do this?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Diablo;381953 said:
@ Dark Drakan: I don't want to work, I just want to bang on my drum all day. How can I do this?

Get into a decent band, get a good video director and make a music video and advertise a s*** load.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

To just throw this out there, we News Editors ARE part of the staff.

God. Dammit.

Shirosaki has also requested we be treated... equally. Or we'll beat you with newspapers so hard, we'll direct everyone to your faces for the latest scoop.

Diablo;381953 said:
@ All staff: What do you think S'wit means? The way it's used kinda makes it seem like "idiot".

If used like this..

"Awww man, check out 'dat s'wit yo."

I would take it as slang for a sweet ride.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I don't usually have any questions for any staff in particular, but I did know you were a staff member. I didn't forget you. I would never forget you. :wub:

But just to secure what I've said, let me ask you this: Why did you choose that name you have thar?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Skotekal;382003 said:
I don't usually have any questions for any staff in particular, but I did know you were a staff member. I didn't forget you. I would never forget you. :wub:

But just to secure what I've said, let me ask you this: Why did you choose that name you have thar?

Gikoku was derived from the name Goku (from Dragon Ball), and Harakami is the last name of Rei Harakami, one of my favorite ambient electronic artists.

So the name came from 2 of my favorite figures in entertainment.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Does anyone know the name of the instrument that starts playing at 1:35 in this video.

The same, or at least very similar, instrument can be more clearly heard in the menu of this game.