• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Ask The Staff 'Anything'

Walker;372664 said:
Is your mama a llama?

Is that actually a children's book or did I make it up?

Or did I confuse it with something else?

Or slightly mess up the title?

Are you a shy fellow?

Have you ever swallowed a cello?

Do you like green eggs and ham?

Is oobleck your thing?

Do your sneetches have stars upon thars?

Are you the lady with the alligator purse?

Do you know an old lady who swallowed a pie?

How about a fly?

A house?

A mouse?

Are you an old lady who lived a shoe, had so many children she didn't know what to do?

Have any of you heard of the book "Christian Mother Goose?" It's ****ing terrifying. As I recall, the lady who lived in a shoe asked god for food to feed her children and he gave it to her. Humpy Dumpty asked god for healing and was healed. Jack and Jill were molested by a Catholic priest. (Well, okay, not that last one, but the rest are genuine.)

No to all of the above...

cheezMcNASTY;372828 said:
what is your favorite sports team??

Manchester United.

Walker;372856 said:
C'mon, man, they're Brits. They're all just going to say some soccer team, and no one cares about soccer.

Well, Tsuyu is a Swede, so his national sport is of course rape and pillage. But in these dissolute modern times, he's limited to pale shades of his ancestral rituals. Perversion and going after those kids' Trix.

Also, PG United... :ninja:

Another question: WHY OH WHY ARE LIBRARY PATRONS ASSHOLES? YOU DIDN'T RETURN YOUR FREE BOOK WITHIN 45 DAYS OF THE DUE DATE I DON'T CARE IF YOU'RE A "LOYAL PATRON" YOU'RE GETTNG FREE ****ING BOOKS AND I CAN'T CLEAR THE ****ING FINE BECAUSE IT'S NOT A FINE, IT'S A 14 DOLLAR CHARGE FOR THE CD YOU DIDN'T RETURN YOU STUPID ****ING ***** I CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT THIS **** PLEASE GO BOTHER MY BOSS **** **** **** **** YOU. RETURN THE DAMN THING OR PAY FOR IT OR REPLACE IT I DON'T ****ING CARE JUST GO AWAAAAAAYYYYY.

NO HELP FOR YOU.

Most popular sport in many countries not just England. Though not so popular in the regions who are no good at it. :lol:

Havent been in a library since school so couldnt tell you.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Angel;372976 said:
I'm not a fan of sports of any kind so I don't have a favourite team. If there is a sport on TV which involves a high mortality rate then I'll watch it on the off-chance someone might die horribly but otherwise, no interest whatsoever.

Because people are morons and even moreso when they are too stupid to adhere to a simple and rather generous deadline. I'd fine them extra just for wasting my precious time.

So, we have a NASCAR fan, do we?

So glad you agree. Wish I could, but then I'd get beat to death.

Shirosaki;373052 said:
[youtube]xUdaPNXC_68[/youtube]

Checkmate.

I'm sorry, man, that guy was ****. And not in a good way.

Dark Drakan;373212 said:
=Most popular sport in many countries not just England. Though not so popular in the regions who are no good at it. :lol:

Havent been in a library since school so couldnt tell you.

Football? Yeah, it's most popular just about everywhere. Just have to be careful of your definitions... (Football (no, not soccer) usually beats out baseball these days in the US, so you just have the DR and places.)

Poor guy.

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

for the staff. quite simply: why?

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

Walker;372924 said:
What he said. I like jokes of the "divided by a common language" general type. Don't have anything against our former colonial overlords.

Also, staff, did Droded get lost and think he was in the Word Association thread?

Awesomeness. I the decendant of your former colonial overlords (I'm british).

And, I don't mind all those 'divided by a common language' thing either, it just seemed you generally didn't like brits ^_^

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Walker;373216 said:
So, we have a NASCAR fan, do we?
What's NASCAR?
Man;373220 said:
Why not?

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

@ Angel: I understand the Stop and Listen, but "Collaborate"? Makes no sense. What do you think?

@ Projectego: I heard a rumor that you can dual-wield Chuck Norris.
Is this true?

@ Dark Drakan: ARE YOU READY TO PARTY!?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Man;373220 said:

Quite simply because it 'is'.

Diablo;373470 said:
@ Dark Drakan: ARE YOU READY TO PARTY!?

I never cease to be ready.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Drakan will still be drinking and partying at the age of 80 with his own children.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Diablo;373470 said:
@ Angel: I understand the Stop and Listen, but "Collaborate"? Makes no sense. What do you think?
If you're talking Vanilla Ice then to my great shame I used to love that song (ok, I was 8 - so sue me) - but yeah, I think collaborate was just chucked in there to make the guy look intelligent.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Walker;373216 said:
I'm sorry, man, that guy was ****. And not in a good way.

Only because he's ****ting on Americans. I can say from an unbiased perspective it's pretty good.

Walker;373216 said:
Football? Yeah, it's most popular just about everywhere. Just have to be careful of your definitions... (Football (no, not soccer) usually beats out baseball these days in the US, so you just have the DR and places.)

Poor guy.

AFL is the best football though. Soccer is real football (no hands), although it could be argued that AFL is more football that soccer. Gridiron isn't football at all.

Oh yeah, and because no one would understand what I'm talking about if I said that my team was the Carlton Blues, then I'm going to go with a slightly more understood: go the Gunners.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

@ Angel: Will my NERD RAGE ever be cooled?

@ Dark Drakan: Do you gotta fight
For your right

TO PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARTAAAY?

Edit: One more for angel

Angel;373487 said:
If you're talking Vanilla Ice then to my great shame I used to love that song (ok, I was 8 - so sue me) - but yeah, I think collaborate was just chucked in there to make the guy look intelligent.

Perhaps he meant that we're supposed to think about what he's saying?

Edit #2: Not really for staff, but a nonetheless cool guy.

@ Droded: How can I be more like you, great one?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Dear staff, I was rummaging through some old garbage earlier today and found my Cartesian Diver from a couple years back, and all day I have been squeezing it and watching it as if it were a lava lamp, is this a bad obsession?

HobbeBrain

Reaction score

Staff, you wake up one day to find you have swapped bodies with someone of your opposite sex. What do you do?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

HobbeBrain;373535 said:
Staff, you wake up one day to find you have swapped bodies with someone of your opposite sex. What do you do?

I am not staff but.... Anyone recall the Body Swap scene in the Scooby Doo movie?

HobbeBrain

Reaction score

Oh yeah! Wish I could have been in Sarah Michelle Gellars body...^_^

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Arseface;373488 said:
Only because he's ****ting on Americans. I can say from an unbiased perspective it's pretty good.

AFL is the best football though. Soccer is real football (no hands), although it could be argued that AFL is more football that soccer. Gridiron isn't football at all.

Oh yeah, and because no one would understand what I'm talking about if I said that my team was the Carlton Blues, then I'm going to go with a slightly more understood: go the Gunners.

I'm sorry, Arse, but no. He just wasn't funny. Maybe I just don't have the proper appreciation for standup.

Dude, an Aussie I ain't. Football is football because it's called football. Well, that and because the rules it's played by are the bastard descendants of either rugby or soccer or both or neither.

Nope. Still no idea who they are. Seriously, though, my teams are PG United, the Maryland Redskins, Baltimore Orioles, and Washington Nationals.

Don't explain the joke my ass. DC United is the local nobody-cares soccer team. They're trying to get a new stadium in PG County. So, I renamed them. Ditto on the Redskins, only they already play in Landover. They don't get to be called Washington any more, I decided today. Shockingly, the Orioles actually play in Bawlmer and the Nats actually play in the District. It's a novel occurence.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Walker;373638 said:
I'm sorry, Arse, but no. He just wasn't funny. Maybe I just don't have the proper appreciation for standup.

Arseface;373488 said:
If you can both laugh at this one then that'll see if there's any bias.

[youtube]bc47Wcso3hU[/youtube]

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

cheezMcNASTY;372828 said:
what is your favorite sports team??
I don't really follow sports. I like watching snooker and the occasional bit of tennis, though.

Man;373220 said:
Yes.

Diablo;373470 said:
@ Projectego: I heard a rumor that you can dual-wield Chuck Norris.
Is this true?
That's so random it made me lol. rep+

HobbeBrain;373535 said:
I'd do me.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

projectego;373703 said:
I'd do me.

[youtube]r9ahR9hUQMk[/youtube]

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Shirosaki;373687 said:
If you can both laugh at this one then that'll see if there's any bias.

[youtube]bc47Wcso3hU[/youtube]

That still sucked pretty hard, but it was mildly more watchable.

Though I still say that the simultaneously greatest and worst anthem is thus:

[youtube]Vim2Ozf8RiQ[/youtube]

Just don't listen to the lyrics past the first stanza. Please. James Ryder Randall was a ****ing jackass. Thank god I found an instrumental version. And no, that song shouldn't remind you of anything. I swear.

Also, I think that... Al Murray's his name, yeah? Al Murray's just bitter about that one time when the Marylanders stopped your navy cold at Baltimore. (We won't mention the time that the Marylanders cut and run at Bladensburg, leading to a certain unfortunate occurrence in the city near which I live and **** YOU WILLIAM WINDER. Hey, at least the Navy and Marines held.)