• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Back Up Your Files!

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Back Up Your Files!

All right, lately it seems that there have been many problems with crashing, and they don't bother to back anything up in case of a failure. This is a main thing you should be doing! Yes, you can take them off the game discs themselves, but to save a lot of time, you should just back up what you are going to mess with, and stop posting about how something screwed up because you didn't bother with it. I'm just going to make a tutorial for this. I really want to get this through your guys' head. Even at the end of guides on how to mod, or even in the middle, it tells you to BACK UP YOUR FILES. If you mess with individual files, temporarily back up your files for that one. It is not that hard.

Alright, lets begin.

Step 1: Find the file you need to back up. The main files should be found on the top left hand side of the Fable Explorer screen.
buftut.jpg

Step 2: Find the actual file itself. These should be in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data. Search through there until you find all the files you want to back up. Alright, once you have found them, you need to RIGHT click on them and select copy.
buftut2.jpg

Note: Sorry I couldn't actually show the menu, prt scrn feature doesn't like those features to be in there for some reason. So you can't actually see the copy thing. Stupid Windows.

Step 3: Create a backups folder. Some just put there files into their documents, I'm a bit neater. So just right click, go to new, then folder. Rename to something like "Backups" or something you want. An example:
buftut3.jpg

Step 4: Paste the file into that folder. To do so, right click, and hit the paste option. Now you have a backup. Sorry again for no picture. Same reason as stated in the above note in step 2.

Conclusion: You have just backed up your files you needed. Now that will save you the time and hassle of reinstalling it. There you go. Wasn't that hard or time consuming was it? This is what it should sort of resemble:
buftut4.jpg

Okay, I realize most people could have done this by themselves, but you know some people need help with this sort of thing, they are really new. Have fun modding Fable!

OldBoy

Reaction score
Re: Back Up Your Files!

+rep for being a good teacher, dumbass ;)

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

:lol:

W

wtfnubzerg

Amg you has a new egg. +rep too even though you created this thread cause I proved myself more of a dumbass than you. ^_^

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Hey, it's not only you, there have been legions of people before you who probably couldn't even follow this simple tutorial guide.

And I see this whole Dragon Egg thing is catching on. Cool ^_^ That granite egg looks weird...

jwc2200

Reaction score

I just saw this while rereading OldBoy's New to Modding Fable? sticky, since there are some new modders here lately, I am bumping it.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Oooh a good bump for once.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

don't know why it's not stickied in the first place. :lol: I have a trillion backups of so many things :D