• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Boss fight should have been the brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricPerkins

Reaction score
Does someone want to tell me why the Fable games except the 1st one's ending are terriable. I think in the third the brother should have been the boss, or at least a dragon that breathes out fire and ice. That is at least alittle bit hard. I mean i love all the games to doubt. These endings in 2 and 3 are absolutly killing me.

Hector

Reaction score
Yeah that would have been epic. Big fight inside the castle while Walter hold back the guards.

XCRmonger

Reaction score
A dragon? where did that come from? lol

I would have liked to kill Logan *in addition* to the final fight.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
That would have actually been far better storywise. It would explain why the hero had to be king rather then Logan rather then gaining the cash to give to Logan so that he didnt have to be tyranical. It would also explain why despite his despotic methods, the treausury is rubbish. Logan is trying to raise the funds but the darkness within him has enough control over him to ensure it is wasted.

All they would have to done then is remove the option to kill Logan at the trial.

The darkness would have infested Logan on his trip to Aurora five years ago, explaining how he managed to survive. He was allowed to be freed because the ability to possess him would prove far more useful in the future.

Aruu

Reaction score
I kind of liked having the choice between sparing him or not. It really drove home just what he was trying to do for his people, even if he had taken it to extremes. In the end, like the hero said, despite what he had done, they needed his help too.

If it were a case of having the choice to fight him, then yeah, I can get on board with that.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
I certain think you should have dueled him when you storm the castle to depose him. Kinda lame he went down without a fight.

Maybe the ending boss could have been been variable. If you spared Logan, it would probably be even more a dramatic moment when he is turned at the end. If you kill Logan, then you fight the same Walter boss we have now, but LoganCrawler would be a far more challanging fight as it has had 5 years to intergrate itself with Logan.

I still think that the sparing of Logan and the Mercanary guy at the start should affect how much gold you need to defend Albion. Both times you are told that sparing them will help you, but it never actually does in anyway.

Reaction score
I admit the dragon was a liltte to extreme, but ya i can see the duel happening,

Jack 0f Blades

Reaction score
I sparred him, because he was prepraring for what was coming. So I did the right thing, I let him live.

Reaction score
i have
I sparred him, because he was prepraring for what was coming. So I did the right thing, I let him live.
did both, i killed him only one time though, the other 3 i spared him, i killed hikm just to see what happened

Jack 0f Blades

Reaction score
i have

did both, i killed him only one time though, the other 3 i spared him, i killed hikm just to see what happened

yeah, I thought he was just being a Overpowered, son of a.... gun until he confessed what he was doing.

Skormsarrow

ShOoT tHaT pOsIoN aRrOw
Reaction score
To be honest, if you had to kill your brother in a fight I would imagine it would be another "lucien" ending and people would be bitching about it again all the way up till the next game

MudkipLuna

Mistress of Killing Stuffs
Reaction score
Logan was tyrannical because he was a feeble king and became crushed under pressures of the coming darkness. The last thing Fable needs is another weak boss battle.

If he were some sort of super power with a dragon form - exactly like Jack of Blades turned out to be, by the way - none of that would have been an issue. You would not have been required to defeat the Crawler in the first place.

I do wish however that you were allowed to kill him yourself should you choose not to spare him. Would have made for an awesome cut-scene. Or at least having him involved in the final fight if you did let him live. He was too important to the storyline to wind up so pathetic towards the end.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I was surprisingly content with how they handled Logan. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to slap him for being a wanker but at the same time, he wasn't a bad guy. He was just misguided and delusional and in the end he helped out. Or at least... I'm assuming he did. Nevermind, I'm no longer content with how they handled it.

MudkipLuna

Mistress of Killing Stuffs
Reaction score
I was surprisingly content with how they handled Logan. Don't get me wrong, I wanted to slap him for being a wanker but at the same time, he wasn't a bad guy. He was just misguided and delusional and in the end he helped out.

My point. He wasn't evil, he was weak. He would have made a terrible boss.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
My point. He wasn't evil, he was weak. He would have made a terrible boss.

I'm agreeing with you... more or less. However, dragons are highly overrated and seeing a pseudo-Jack of Blades would have made me pull out my game, smash it into a bunch of pieces and then devour it with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Status
Not open for further replies.