• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Boss fight should have been the brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I can't imagine wanting to kill Reaver. He's... amazing. I adore him. Such a hedonistic, amoral... motherfucker. I love the bastard. But Theresa can die. She really doesn't do anything but manipulate you into doing what she wants. She's just jealous~ of your mad hero skills.
Look at it this way, kill her and there is no other power in the world

Jonas Green

Reaction score
My idea of a good ending for the game would be this. After the memorial to Walter (i.e after defeating the darkness) and Logan says he's leaving, he turns up in Aroura (sp?) and is possessed by the darkness. Also, since the darkness has grown within him so much, he becomes a pretty terrifying monster (red eyes, tentacles, claws, the works). THAT would then be the final boss battle. Ending the darkness once and for all.

Or, dueling with Logan when you storm the castle until he submits. And who's Logan to say you need HIS army, you're the bleeping King for Christ's sake, you can take his army no questions asked. THEN, you can carry out the execution (a duel to the death) yourself.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks the crawler was a good ending? Although I would like to find out about WTF the darkness is. Shadow Court? Anything to do with JOB? Temple of Shadows offshoot? COME ON LIONHEAD!!! WE NEED ANSWERS!!!

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks the crawler was a good ending? Although I would like to find out about WTF the darkness is. Shadow Court? Anything to do with JOB? Temple of Shadows offshoot? COME ON LIONHEAD!!! WE NEED ANSWERS!!!

Thats why a lot of people who aren't keen on the crawler ending, it leaves a hell of a lot of things unexplained.

Twilight

Reaction score

I think the Crawler himself is a great character..But I would like to know more about him. Potentials there but it wasn't utilized.

$am

Reaction score
I liked the way Fable II and III ended, i think a boss battle with Logan or Lucian would have ruined it for me a bit.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I can't imagine wanting to kill Reaver. He's... amazing. I adore him. Such a hedonistic, amoral... motherfucker. I love the bastard. But Theresa can die. She really doesn't do anything but manipulate you into doing what she wants. She's just jealous~ of your mad hero skills.

I don't care about Reaver's hedonism or his immoral behavior, he's just a snobbish prick who needs a bullet between the eyes. Also, Reaver does the same thing as Theresa does... he uses us.

Reaction score
I always liked Logan :/ He seemed nice.
Ha u killed him but he was nice ?ahahah
I think the Crawler himself is a great character..But I would like to know more about him. Potentials there but it wasn't utilized.
Im one of thee many that didnt like the crawler ending, but as for the crawler, he is a good charecter, he just isnt main enemy material, nuff said.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Im one of thee many that didnt like the crawler ending, but as for the crawler, he is a good charecter, he just isnt main enemy material, nuff said.

Actually, he would have made a perfect final boss if he didn't cop out and just possess Walter. He had the potential but like all things with great potential, Lionhead completely screwed it over.

Zangash

Reaction score
I just want a good final boss... I mean, Jack of Blades had me STRATEGIZING before I went into the chamber to fight him... When I finally took him down I jumped up in happiness and joy that I'd finally done it. With the second two Fables, though, when I discovered that was the end all I could do was sit there and go "Oh...". =/

Reaction score
Maybe if they had shown a detailed cutscene of the crawler leading an unstoppable wave of darkness tainted motherf*ckers sweeping over Bowerstone, consuming anyone in Their way, then maybe, just MAYBE! I might have actually been impressed with the boss fight.

However the reality, as most people here are now aware, is nowhere near epicness of that proportion. I mean come on Lionhead! You could have at least showed Us how they got there FFS. I'm assuming that they took the bus or something, seeing as You obviously didn't see it as important enough to the plot to include that part. Either that or You were too busy jerking off to the money You were going to screw from the people who bought the game. The whole sequence was just a case of strolling merrily down the block past the corner shops knocking a few minions down, before kicking the **** out of a possessed Walter (shame really, Walter was one of the only characters I actually enjoyed and they had to make Me kill Him didn't they?)

One moment I have 140 days left. So I think "Oh that should be enough time to gather up some money for the treasury in time, So that My citizens don't get totally f*cked." Then the next freaking thing I know, there's one day left and the ugly bastard is right on My City doorstep without any kind of explanation as to how they got there! I've seen of laziness in game development many times before, but skipping 140 days just like that and cutting crucial plot moments short like they did is unforgivable! Your practically asking to have Your loyal fans curbstomb You! (proverbally speaking of course.) To be completely honest I actually prefered Fable II. Fable III felt like a step backwards more than anything.

Twilight

Reaction score
Maybe if they had shown a detailed cutscene of the crawler leading a wave of darkness motherf*ckers sweeping over Bowerstone, consuming anyone in Their way, then maybe, just MAYBE! I might have actually been impressed. However the reality, as everyone here is now aware is nowhere near epicness of that proportion. I mean come on Lionhead! You could have at least showed Us how they got there FFS. I'm assuming that they took the bus or something, seeing as You obviously didn't see it as important to the plot to include that part. Either that or they were too busy jerking off to the money they were going to screw from the people who bought the game.

One moment I have 140 days left. So I think "Oh that should be enough time to gather up some money, So that My citizens don't get totally f*cked." Then the next freaking I know, theres one day left and the ugly bastard right is on My City doorstep without any kind of explanation as to how they got there! I've seen of laziness In game development plenty of times before, but skipping 140 days just like that and cutting crucial plot moments short like that is unforgivable! Your practically asking Your loyal fans to curbstomb You! (proverbally speaking of course.) To be completely honest I actually prefered Fable II.
I'm guessing the darkness can travel when it's dark....

Aruu

Reaction score
I think the last boss battle should have been reminiscent of the fight against the Crawler in the temple in Aurora. Gradually getting harder and harder, with more shadows being drawn in to fight against you, with Walter off to the side, paralysed with fear.

Then, quick cut scene, the Crawler lunges towards you and Walter jumps in the way to take the hit. Then we get the fight with possessed!Walter.

Reaction score
Actually, he would have made a perfect final boss if he didn't cop out and just possess Walter. He had the potential but like all things with great potential, Lionhead completely screwed it over.
O yes i kno that, i was mostly mad cuz he was to skared to face me, like what did all that mean when walter hit him with a torch and he sopposibly died, i thuoght that was the end of him on the first playthrough

bradio12

Reaction score
what happens when you execute logan do you go see him get excecuted all my chars are good except for 1 guy im making him neutral maybe i should make evil guy WHAT AM I MISSING OUT ON BEING GOOD apart from cookies of course

Status
Not open for further replies.