• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Christine Chubbuck

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score
Re: Christine Chubbuck

Nope. I haven't.

Michael555

Reaction score

It's freakin' nuts! I can't believe something like this would happen now! Let alone 1974!

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

Wow, that's crazy.
Is it horrible that the first thing I thought is "I wonder if they have the video on YouTube..."? So sorry, ugh, that's really a terrible thing.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Michael555;335191 said:
It's freakin' nuts! I can't believe something like this would happen now! Let alone 1974!
Read the book The Outsiders.

Michael555

Reaction score

I gotta tell you, I've been looking for the video for a long time.
It's not sick at all really, I don't think anyway.
Just a natural curiosity. If someone does something like that, you're going to want to know if you can see the "live" action.

Although right now, it's not able to be seen. But in my research, I don't think it's been destroyed, like most people seem to think it has been. There was an injunction placed on the footage...but things leak out everyday. You never know!

Michael555

Reaction score

Gunman23;335193 said:
Read the book The Outsiders.

Yikes! Just read what it was about...wow.

I just meant that I can't believe that something like that could happen publicly...there's much rage and sadness behind this story. I just don't understand why some sort of movie hasn't been made.

Well...there was sort of.

Network

But I don't think it really counts to be honest.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/teWKeGQ5u4c&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/teWKeGQ5u4c&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l-6pVw7PBII&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l-6pVw7PBII&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

That was an interesting read. And you can always look up the R. Budd Dwyer suicide. They have that on the internet somewhere.

But yeah, that is messed up. I kind of want to see it now.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah i want to see it, But only because im curious.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

After reading that, all I have to say is:

Sheeeeeit.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

"When we are good, jsut close your eyes, so when we are bad we'll scar your mind."
That is pretty f'ed up. But I pity her, it was either she needed more attention (She shot herself on the AIR, meaning people saw it, she wanted the fame, jsut like the Columbine Kids) or two: She was making a political statement, I don't know what that could be though... Man, I really have to type "Just" better, I suck at that word lol.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

I don't think she would shoot herself with a revolver in the head for fame.. I do agree that she may have been trying to make a statement.. No clue what, though.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^It was on television, so I think it was for fame, she could have done it in her own home and gotten had the same effect just less coverage and fame, that's just my 2 cents... Anyway... If it was any statement then I assume based on her last words it was to say "Television is only interested in the grimy blood and duts news... Not the happy stuff. So here you go."

Michael555

Reaction score

I think it was a mixture to be honest.

1. She hated the sensationalistic stories that were being churned out.

2. She wanted fame.

3. She was obviously in a lot of emotional turmoil and had been for a long time. This wasn't the first time she had attempted suicide. She did try to OD. It was a mixture of saying:
"Here are your ratings! I feel like hell and **** you all!" All in the same sentence.
She had no friends and she was a virgin at twenty-nine.

Plus, after reading that article (there's a link above), her family and a lot of people around her just sounded so cold!

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

Tell me what it is so I don't have to read it please

Michael555

Reaction score

Christine Chubbuck (anchorwoman) goes on the air, has been ****ed off at news station for some time because of their over the top, sensational, stories. So she decides to go on the air and eight minutes into the broadcast she says:

"In keeping with Channel 40's policy of bringing you the latest in blood and guts, and in living color, you are going to see another first — attempted suicide."

She drew a revolver and shot herself behind her right ear. Christine Chubbuck falls forward violently and the technical director fades slowly to black.

There's the short version.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

That is disgruntling, disconcerting and another dis word that I don't even know.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

that could possibly be the first blooper in all of Live TV history...

Michael555

Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;335331 said:
that could possibly be the first blooper in all of Live TV history...

NO KIDDING! :p