• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Crime System- Total fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
On the bright side at least 1 person agree's with me that the crime system fails. I really couldn't give a crap if anyone else thinks I'm QQing about "stupid" Issues.

I'm QQing! Oh noes!

onwingsoflead

Reaction score
On the bright side at least 1 person agree's with me that the crime system fails. I really couldn't give a crap if anyone else thinks I'm QQing about "stupid" Issues.

I'm QQing! Oh noes!
I also agree, I haven't actually gone and committed any crimes yet because I'm doing my first play through as a good character, but having to wait that long for your bounty to die down? That's just ridiculous, and it sucks that you have to do jobs to pay off your fine if you do community service. Why LH, why?

Yoruichi

Premium
Reaction score
I also agree, I haven't actually gone and committed any crimes yet because I'm doing my first play through as a good character, but having to wait that long for your bounty to die down? That's just ridiculous, and it sucks that you have to do jobs to pay off your fine if you do community service. Why LH, why?

I'm the same as with this person right here. I find retarded.. but I'll probably be a good character for now. :p

sassafrasaxe

Reaction score
Can't you just... pay a fine for your crimes like in the past fables? That infinite money glitch would work wonders for such things... If not... well then... yeah... that does kinda suck...

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
I thought of a little experiment i will do later tonight. changing the Xbox clock possibly might effect the crime timer. we shall see, if it does then it will hopefully be a temporary fix to the horrible feature.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
we shouldn't be punished this severely just because we wanted to shoot Bob the Baker in the face.

You think having to make a few pies is too severe a punishment for murder?

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
You think having to make a few pies is too severe a punishment for murder?

I lol'd, thats the only thing you read? Pie making is fine, alright? I changed my opinion. I mean if you get higher levels I suppose it goes faster. I simply wish their was more options.
I haven't gotten very far in the game, so i don't have a lot of money to just pay off the guards, and my pie making is only level 2, so sue me for not wanting to rush through the game like everyone else. And for those of you that say: "Well maybe you should wait until your farther in the game. HURR DURR" To this I say: Why should I wait to have fun?
This is what annoys me about the crime system, if you stop doing your community service, your crime timer will go up and if the guards catch you, you either have to pay the fine(if you have enough money) or you have to continue community service, there is NO option to continue at later date, you HAVE to complete it otherwise the guards will just keep chasing you around town. In fable II, when you where approached by the guard and chose the community service option you had a certain amount of game time to finish that job, and the fact that your crime timer doesn't tick down while you're doing community service is completely retarded.

The Crime clock/timer is completely ridiculous, thats the whole problem. My first post, I admit was a rage filled rant, I was ****ed off, I could have worded it better.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
What part of video game don't you understand?

What part of "believable" don't you understand?

I lol'd, thats the only thing you read? Pie making is fine, alright? I changed my opinion. I mean if you get higher levels I suppose it goes faster. I simply wish their was more options.
I haven't gotten very far in the game, so i don't have a lot of money to just pay off the guards, and my pie making is only level 2, so sue me for not wanting to rush through the game like everyone else. And for those of you that say: "Well maybe you should wait until your farther in the game. HURR DURR" To this I say: Why should I wait to have fun?
This is what annoys me about the crime system, if you stop doing your community service, your crime timer will go up and if the guards catch you, you either have to pay the fine(if you have enough money) or you have to continue community service, there is NO option to continue at later date, you HAVE to complete it otherwise the guards will just keep chasing you around town. In fable II, when you where approached by the guard and chose the community service option you had a certain amount of game time to finish that job, and the fact that your crime timer doesn't tick down while you're doing community service is completely retarded.

The Crime clock/timer is completely ridiculous, thats the whole problem. My first post, I admit was a rage filled rant, I was ****ed off, I could have worded it better.

Yes, but this all makes it more believable. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Eric

Reaction score
Hey there... Starting out having no skill/level or whatnot in the game you will have a harder time making money of course. the JOBS aren't the only way. Best way in fact to do it, is to make sure you have some sort of INCOME or money set aside for times when you want to go on killing spree's... You can be in the game for 2-3 hours only and yet have some houses/businesses you own which will more than enough support you in your funness of killing things. And not EVER have to touch the silly and somewhat boring minigames.

Just my thought on this issue...

Jackums

The Commander
Reaction score
I really couldn't give a crap if anyone else thinks I'm QQing about "stupid" Issues.

LOL-WHY-U-MAD.jpg

Solution: Don't go on a 'ridiculously ridiculous' manslaughter and expect the guards to forgive you after you leave town and renter.
You could also save before the slaughter.
As a final note, quit QQing over stupid things.

I think this about sums up my thoughts on this thread.

Sir Robin

The Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot
Reaction score
I think the point of the severe crime system is this: Being evil is not merely perpetrating mindless slaughter. Yes, that is a form of evil but it's not the form this game is about. The game is about story and far-reaching choices, including choices that are undoubtedly evil.

While yes, you can run around killing people (the game doesn't prevent you from killing NPCs like some less liberated games), it is not going to reward you for it, just as society won't reward you for it. If you slaughter innocent people, don't expect their friends and neighbors to talk to you, give you quests, and otherwise give you the time of day. That is the price of living in a society, even a fictional one. Count yourself lucky you can even get back into society by making pies.

Now, if you want to be completely antisocial and run around killing people like a wolf, then you can live like one - out in the wild, alone.

Balvorn

Imagineer
Reaction score
I think the point of the severe crime system is this: Being evil is not merely perpetrating mindless slaughter. Yes, that is a form of evil but it's not the form this game is about. The game is about story and far-reaching choices, including choices that are undoubtedly evil.

While yes, you can run around killing people (the game doesn't prevent you from killing NPCs like some less liberated games), it is not going to reward you for it, just as society won't reward you for it. If you slaughter innocent people, don't expect their friends and neighbors to talk to you, give you quests, and otherwise give you the time of day. That is the price of living in a society, even a fictional one. Count yourself lucky you can even get back into society by making pies.

Now, if you want to be completely antisocial and run around killing people like a wolf, then you can live like one - out in the wild, alone.

Woah dude, woah... You talk some real sense...

Woah...

Izzy Stizzlebonk

ฉันรักคุกกี้.
Reaction score
Yeah, it does seem kinda harsh for a video game, but hey, there's ways around it! Go outside of civilization and explore for a while. Maybe run around in the wilds and kill mobs or something. Or look for Silver Keys. Before you know it, that 26 minutes will pass through like nothing.

But if you did all that already, then shoot, I guess you're out of luck. I can imagine making pies for 26 minutes would be monotonous. Unless, of course, you really, really enjoy making pies.

lavosslayer

Reaction score
yeah while I agree with the OP on one hand, (since I"m waiting right now on my evil toon for 2 hours) I recommend that you abstain from murdering large amounts of people until you have the ability to attain large amounts of money faster instead of right at the beginning since it kills all advancement until the timer/fine is expired/payed off or if you must satisfy the bloodlust, kill NPCs in the dweller camp since there are no guards nor a timer to concern yourself with. Anyway, right now I'm in the process of purchasing all the wagons in the dweller camp to pay my bail. (extorting my tenants like mad too of course! ;) )

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
LOL-WHY-U-MAD.jpg

I think this about sums up my thoughts on this thread.

Hahah that picture is hilarious. I might have to use it some time.

On a side note, I'm not going to continue with this thread. I've said what needed to be said in my opinion, and i still hate the crime system, but they probably won't change it so theres no sense worrying about it anymore. The rest of the game is rather fun and enjoyable even though this aspect kind of falls short in the fun factor. However, thanks for the suggestions for those that gave them, I think i will do just that and wait tell I have money or upgraded my job skills. Lesson learned, but the crime clock still sucks.
I'm also a little disappointed that this thread didn't attract any creative trolls, Oh well. :(

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Status
Not open for further replies.