• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dragon Ball related questions

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Looks like a peroxide blonde Astro Boy with a chiseled jaw.

lol He's had worse...

goku-in-an-uncomfortable-situation_595.jpg

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Oh my! Now that looks like something straight out of Paint!

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Wow it must've been a really long time since I watched the show as I don't remember the art ever being bad. :S

Are these filler episodes? Or some cheesy rip off?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Wow it must've been a really long time since I watched the show as I don't remember the art ever being bad. :S

Are these filler episodes? Or some cheesy rip off?

They're actual frames from the show, but they happen so quickly you don't notice them. You'll have to play some of the fight scenes in slow-mo, doing a frame-by-frame play to catch them.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Gikoku and Necro have a point, and with what Toriyama says my theory is blown out of the water. He did say though that Ultimate Gohan is the strongest non-fused character in DBZ, but we still have yet to see that.

How heavily was Toriyama involved in GT? All I know is that he did design SSJ 4, but apart from that I hadnt known he did much more than overview the story. I wish Toriyama would just go back, trash the current GT and revive it through manga. Fix up the story, characters, plot holes etc. I loved the idea of the Dragon Balls biting back, it would have been a great homage to the canon and movie villains of DBZ if the dragon balls had scattered to planets of Frieza's race and maybe Bojack's race considering they weren't also destroyed. The story had so much potential, and I understood why he wanted to go back to the roots of DB and mix it with the action packed fights of DBZ. It was just very poorly drawn out.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
*DBGT Spoiler Alert*
Did anyone else who saw GT feel like something was off with Uub?
He was supposed to be as strong as Kid Buu but he was never able to do much apart from buying time for Goku. I get it, this is Dragonball and every villain is the strongest yet, but that's no excuse. We've all seen the Majin Buu saga and what Buu was capable of. After joining with Majin Buu, Uub should have been as strong as Kid Buu. Even Super Buu was stronger than a SSJ3, let alone Kid Buu. If he wasn't as strong as a SSJ4 he should have been somewhere around it but not once did he give Baby a run for his money.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
*DBGT Spoiler Alert*
He was supposed to be as strong as Kid Buu but he was never able to do much apart from buying time for Goku. I get it, this is Dragonball and every villain is the strongest yet, but that's no excuse. We've all seen the Majin Buu saga and what Buu was capable of. After joining with Majin Buu, Uub should have been as strong as Kid Buu. Even Super Buu was stronger than a SSJ3, let alone Kid Buu. If he wasn't as strong as a SSJ4 he should have been somewhere around it but not once did he give Baby a run for his money.

I dont know why Uub was there in the first place. He's rarely done anything useful, Gohan and Trunks refused to fuse with him, and Toriyama wanted to end the story on a low-note so he gave a Goku a prodigee to make it seem as if the story would continue and we all know how that turned out.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Yet he wasn't directly a writer I'd consirder it non canon

Why not? If Toriyama considers it official, why is it not canon?

I was excluding fusions, and the kids. As I said if the show were kept to a more realistic standard Goku & Vegeta would be the only Super Saiyans. The kids would never reach SSJ as it took Goku & Vegeta to their 30's/40's to achieve it, so if that logic were kept in the show Piccolo would be 3rd strongest.

Personally I think the series went down hill when they got back to Earth after Goku defeated Frieza on Planet Namek. And you can see in the manga Toriyama meant to end the series after Cell was defeated. Alongside the teenage Gohan achieving SSJ1&2 and the bad plot line of time travel being thrown into the mix. Then even Volume 20 'The New Generation' made me face-palm when Trunks and Goten could become Super Saiyan (and Vegeta asking how it was possible, with an no reason ever to be given). After all that happening I lost hope. :p But I'm still a fan for some reason. :blink:

Goku was actually in his late 20s when he turned into a super saiyan on Namek, so that makes transformations of other characters slightly more realistic. And as for Gohan and Future Trunks, they had people teaching them exactly how to transform, so that made things much easier for them. Plus, you have to remember that Gohan's massive amount of latent power gives him even more of an edge. I think the only two unrealistic super saiyan transformations are Goten and Trunks. I could see them transforming in the 10 years between the Buu Saga and the end of DBZ though, especially since Goten had been training with Goku that entire time.

*DBGT Spoiler Alert*

I feel like his strength in comparison to Baby's was fairly reasonable. If I'm remembering correctly, there was a part when Uub was inside of Baby and he tried blasting his way out. Things looked a little grim for Baby at that point. And Uub wasn't supposed to be as strong as Kid Buu. He just had Kid Buu's natural strength. The fact that he was a human would always keep him from getting to Kid Buu's level. Though when he fused with Fat Buu, I do agree that his strength was very close to that of Kid Buu.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
That's a common misconception. Toriyama's name appears as an author in the credits of GT. He was very heavily involved in its making. He even designed a lot of character appearances, and he designed super saiyan 4. Although, even if he didn't write it, I don't see how that wouldn't make it canon. He owns the rights to the series, so if he didn't want GT to be a part of the series, he would have stopped it from being made.

No, Hermit is correct. He's only listed as an author because of his work with the original mangas, not for GT. Toriyama simply did artwork and lots of it. He did the main character designs (including Vegeta's silly moustache), landscape, vehicle designs, and he also designed the show's logo. Toriyama did NOT design the SSJ4 transformation, nor did he come up with the idea of Goku being a kid, but he did approve of them and even stated that he wished he came up with the Kid Goku idea.

Everything else in the show is all done by Toei and is a cash-in of the series that Toriyama agreed with. The original series was over and Toei wanted to continue the series to rake in more revenue, giving fans more Dragon Ball (albeit non-canon) and filling everyone's pockets sounded like a win-win situation.. so hey, why not?

Why not? If Toriyama considers it official, why is it not canon?

Since when did Toriyama ever consider GT canon? It is an official production of the DB universe, but it is not canonical to the original story. All of the DBZ movies and GT are non-canonical.

I read this on the Dragonball wiki earlier, was quite shocked. Yet he wasn't directly a writer I'd consirder it non canon, and more fan-fiction..... in the most awful sense imaginable :p

The Dragon Ball wiki is not a credible source as it is handled and frequently edited/updated by children and teenagers who got the majority of their information from the English dubbing, assumptions, and guesswork. It wasn't until almost 2 years ago that the admin made an effort to try to rectify all the mistakes and make the articles more legit by including information from the manga and Japanese version.

Problem is, the Wiki is also lacking the many facts that were revealed in Jump magazines and other Japanese publications that interviewed Toriyama. Trust me when I say that it is not wise to follow a lot of the information from that place.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Hold on! Hold on! Hold the frick on!

How can even get a moustache if Saiyans were spared the absurdities of hair growth?!

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

How can even get a moustache if Saiyans were spared the absurdities of hair growth?!

What-what-what?!

So they're all just wearing wigs or what?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I died a little inside when this happened and they cut his hair too...
Yeah, thankfully his personality was still intact for the most part.

Toriyama's been known to be forgetful of tiny details in the DB lore. :lol:

When your entire series is almost 500 episodes long, it's bound to happen.

What-what-what?!

Nah, they're born with a fully grown head of hair.. and somehow it manages to stay that way until they die.. or cut it.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
What-what-what?!

Vegeta says in the manga when Trunks or Gohan gets his hair cut, that Saiyans hair doesn't grow, during the Cell saga I believe I just read it the other day, during the period when they are training in the room of spirit and time.

Toriyama's been known to be forgetful of tiny details in the DB lore. :lol:

When your entire series is almost 500 episodes long, it's bound to happen.

Yeah, the moon always annoyed me, its been destroyed like 5-6 times throughout both series as a whole. And after awhile they all stop growing tails, until GT happens.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
So if you were to, let's say, shave a penis into their hair they would either have to live with it or shave the rest and go permanently bald...?

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
So if you were to, let's say, shave a penis into their hair they would either have to live with it or shave the rest and go permanently bald...?

Pretty much.