• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dragon Ball related questions

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
So if you were to, let's say, shave a penis into their hair they would either have to live with it or shave the rest and go permanently bald...?

Pretty much, so thats why Saiyans don't have humour, so they don't do stupid things to each other's hair when drinking alcohol. If and when indeed they actually knowingly ingests poison like us stupid humans.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
spock_fascinating.jpg

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Vegeta says in the manga when Trunks or Gohan gets his hair cut, that Saiyans hair doesn't grow, during the Cell saga I believe I just read it the other day, during the period when they are training in the room of spirit and time.

Yeah that annoyed me too with the Vegeta thing.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Maybe it was a fake one. And everybody knew it but didn't have the heart to tell him. Which would explain the lack of reaction to him "shaving" it.

He's just an attention wh*re, maybe....?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
No, Hermit is correct. He's only listed as an author because of his work with the original mangas, not for GT. Toriyama simply did artwork and lots of it. He did the main character designs (including Vegeta's silly moustache), landscape, vehicle designs, and he also designed the show's logo. Toriyama did NOT design the SSJ4 transformation, nor did he come up with the idea of Goku being a kid, but he did approve of them and even stated that he wished he came up with the Kid Goku idea.

I have yet to find a source that says he didn't actually write anything for GT, but I looked into the SS4 thing and you're right about that.

Since when did Toriyama ever consider GT canon? It is an official production of the DB universe, but it is not canonical to the original story. All of the DBZ movies and GT are non-canonical.

I don't see any reason to believe GT isn't canon. I can understand some of the movies though because they don't all fit perfectly into the timeline.

And about this saiyan hair debate, Vegeta did say that a saiyan's hair doesn't grow in the anime as well, but facial hair has to be different. I mean, come on, King Vegeta couldn't have been born with a goatee.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
And about this saiyan hair debate, Vegeta did say that a saiyan's hair doesn't grow in the anime as well, but facial hair has to be different. I mean, come on, King Vegeta couldn't have been born with a goatee.

Lets just put it down to bad memory and the fallible nature of man, on Toriyama's behalf.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
I have yet to find a source that says he didn't actually write anything for GT, but I looked into the SS4 thing and you're right about that.

I don't see any reason to believe GT isn't canon. I can understand some of the movies though because they don't all fit perfectly into the timeline.

Kind of random but, does anyone else sometimes read/hear the names Vegeta and Piccolo as Vegetable and Pickle?

I mean come on, Vegeta-ble? Piccol (pickle?). I've also heard someone say that Goku meant rice or something.

Is DBZ really a battle of the foods?

Edit: I'm really bad with edits today but I just remembered the spice boys and Garlic jr. GARLIC. I think I'm on to something here guys.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Kind of random but, does anyone else sometimes read/hear the names Vegeta and Piccolo as Vegetable and Pickle?

I mean come on, Vegeta-ble? Piccol (pickle?). I've also heard someone say that Goku meant rice or something.

Is DBZ really a battle of the foods?

Edit: I'm really bad with edits today but I just remembered the spice boys and Garlic jr. GARLIC. I think I'm on to something here guys.

Gohan is rice, not sure what Goku is, but his Saiyan name is based of a vegetable kakarot meaning carrot.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Trunks?

Briefs?

What's next, Thong?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Scratch Thong, I wanna see Banana Hammock.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
Thread has been properly de-railed! HAHA.

Either way I always noticed the food referances but never noticed Trunks... wow...

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
A lot of names in DBZ have that same thing going on, not just saiyan names. But yea, saiyan names sound like vegetable names, and the Brief family is full of names related to underwear. There's also Frieza, King Cold, and Cooler, and then there are Piccolo's minions like Drum and Tambourine. There are probably some others that I can't remember off the top of my head too.

Lets just put it down to bad memory and the fallible nature of man, on Toriyama's behalf.

I guess we can agree to disagree, but I prefer to think that saiyans can grow facial hair because of King Vegeta, Nappa, Paragus, and Shugesh.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Yup, Sayians are born with full heads of hair as seen in the first Broly movie and the Bardock one. They stay the same and up no matter what. Seriously, how many times did Frieza knock Goku into the water and Goku came up did a hair flip and kept fighting.

Speaking of Frieza, he never showed any potential to keep drinks cool. Also he never realized to put an iceburg in fromt of the SS Goku.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Thread has been properly de-railed! HAHA.

Either way I always noticed the food referances but never noticed Trunks... wow...

A lot of the races, character groups etc. have pun names. For example: Garlic Jr. and his minions are all named after food spices, Majin Buu and his 2 masters (Babidi and Bibidi) are a reference to Cinderella's "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo" song.

He mentions it in a note from the GT Dragon Box, I'll grab it for you in it's entirety when I get around to it, but in the meantime you can check this out:

http://www.daizex.com/general/feature/10things.shtml

^^ Scroll down to #4

Necromancer said:
For the movies, yes, none of them fit into the timeline.

Toriyama wrote nothing at all for GT nor did he oversee the project, it was an obvious cash-grab for Toei and Toriyama merely agreed with it. In a note of the GT Dragon Box, Toriyama himself tells the audience:

"DragonBall GT is a grand side-story of the original DragonBall, and it'll make me happy for us to watch and enjoy it together."

He could have easily referred to it as a sequel to Z, which by definition of the word is exactly what Toei intended it to be, but he didn't. Keep in mind that whenever Toriyama produces future anime/manga Dragon Ball material, he completely ignores GT and only takes material from the original manga that ended with Z (which GT is also not a part of).

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
For the movies, yes, none of them fit into the timeline.

But some of them do, like Bojack Unbound and Wrath of the Dragon.

Toriyama wrote nothing at all for GT nor did he oversee the project, it was an obvious cash-grab for Toei and Toriyama merely agreed with it. In a note of the GT Dragon Box, Toriyama himself tells the audience:

"DragonBall GT is a grand side-story of the original DragonBall, and it'll make me happy for us to watch and enjoy it together."

He could have easily referred to it as a sequel to Z, which by definition of the word is exactly what Toei intended it to be, but he didn't. Keep in mind that whenever Toriyama produces future anime/manga Dragon Ball material, he completely ignores GT and only takes material from the original manga that ended with Z (which GT is also not a part of).

There were quite a few links to different websites from a few different Google searches that say Akira Toriyama "strictly oversaw its production." And what has he produced that he ignored GT for?

As for his note in the GT Dragon Box, I get what you're saying it implies, but if nobody involved in its production has stated outright that it isn't canon, it seems like it's up to each individual to decide for themselves.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
But some of them do, like Bojack Unbound and Wrath of the Dragon.

Nope, none of them do and I find it completely baffling that Toei actually tried to fit Garlic Jr. into the anime when his film is completely inconsistent with the timeline.

Wrath of the Dragon makes a serious mistake preventing it from fitting into the timeline: Trunks' sword and origin explanation from Tapion. Future Trunks and Kid Trunks are two completely different Trunks, and Kid Trunks obtaining his sword cannot posisbly explain how Future Trunks got his even though the film tries to do both. All of the Z fighters except for Gohan are dead in the future timeline and if Hirudegarn were to go stomping around in that timeline.. then there's no way Trunks & Gohan could fend him off together.

So how does Future Trunks get his sword? Does Tapion just arrive on Earth and hand it to him out of the kindness of his heart? It makes no sense. It's an awesome film and a nice way to show how Kid Trunks gets his sword, but it completely ignores how FT got his given his effed up timeline. This also conflicts with Future Trunks' TV Special which shows that Trunks becomes a SSJ as a teenager and Gohan dies (all before he ever wields a sword), so how & when does he get that sword from Tapion all by himself??

Necromancer said:
There were quite a few links to different websites from a few different Google searches that say Akira Toriyama "strictly oversaw its production." And what has he produced that he ignored GT for?

As for his note in the GT Dragon Box, I get what you're saying it implies, but if nobody involved in its production has stated outright that it isn't canon, it seems like it's up to each individual to decide for themselves.

Those articles are clearly wrong then. Here's the full translated note from Toriyama:

book_intro_gogeta.jpg

"My sincerest gratitude to all those who bought this DragonBall GT DVD box.

Being a lazy bum by nature, I was absurdly happy when I managed to safely finish up DragonBall's serialization, and finally be released from Deadline Hell. The TV anime people wanted to continue for just a little bit more, but I [just couldn't do] any more than that…And so, I left the DragonBall anime completely up to the anime staff, story and all. That was "DragonBall GT".

In car lingo, GT means "Gran Turismo": a fast, high-powered car, in other words. But in this case, I had GT mean "Grand Touring", a great journey, since the scenario was that they'd be running around the universe.

For GT, all I did was just come up with the title, design the initial main cast and some of the machines, and also do a few images. However, I was able to rest easy handing things over to the excellent staff, who had continued on DragonBall for all this time. In particular, the animator Nakatsuru-kun is amazingly skilled, and mastered the peculiarities of my pictures in no time at all, to the point where there were even times when I couldn't tell whether I had drawn a certain character design, or if he had. For instance, one of Nakatsuru-kun's designs is "Super Saiyan 4", which appears in GT, and the picture above is a portrait that I drew looking off it. Did I draw it well?

DragonBall GT is a grand side-story of the original DragonBall, and it'll make me happy for us to watch and enjoy it together." - Toriyama Akira"

As for the things he made that ignored GT: The many crossover mangas that he writes that are non-canon, but takes canon material from DB & Z, and nothing from GT. The TV specials (excluding the new Bardock which is a Z special), the video games however don't count since he's not directly involved with them, but Toei allows the devs to have fun with the lore while leaving it non-canon. GT is Toei's doing and Toriyama just helped them out with some designs, if GT gets any new material like another special or whatever, then that is strictly with Toei.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Damn, girl. You're like a Trekkie of Dragonball...