• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable 3 Weapon Morph Picture Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrannical Duck

Reaction score
So can anyone CONFIRM that if I use MAGIC to kill enemies that it will still affect my hammer? I don't like the bone look, so I figured if I killed them without my hammer, it wouldn't affect it.. :(

Autarch

Reaction score
It will, but you might be able to override the bone look with more actions of a different sort.

This is the trouble with this system, it's so stupidly opaque (at least until we get the PC version and data hacking) that we don't know what the **** effects what.

Eavath

Reaction score
I don't think you're able to re-morph it when it does become morphed. Also, uploaded my weapons ^^ Check out last post on first page >.>

Tyrannical Duck

Reaction score
Well I have a buddy in my game killing all the hollowmen in the beginning for me. I really hope I don't get that bone look, it's fugly.

sporkbrigade

Reaction score
To dodge the bone hilt, just hold off on upgrading your melee skill to lvl 2 until later in the game. Early on, you've only killed Hollowmen in the library, so if you unlock melee lvl 2 as early as possible, you are almost guaranteed the bone hilt.

If you hold off, kill other monsters, everything balanced out and something else will take over your hilt. In fact, in general, always save just before upgrading your melee skill. That's when morphing happens. If you don't like what you get, reload and focus on something else.

RiceJesus

Reaction score
So can anyone CONFIRM that if I use MAGIC to kill enemies that it will still affect my hammer? I don't like the bone look, so I figured if I killed them without my hammer, it wouldn't affect it.. :(
I have completed the game using all forms of weapons, and it does not look like my magic has affected my melee or ranged. They are both glowing white and pretty because I am good, for magic I combined force push and flame.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Found this in the Escapist video review:-

heroswords.png

Definitely going to have to do all that. That sword just looks awesome.

thats exactly how mine looks :p i love it

Leg3nd4ry

Reaction score
I can confirm that magic does indeed affect your weapons appearance. My sword is actually on fire from using fire spells.

Zero Kenshin

Phantom Renegade
Reaction score
Once I have fully morphed my weapons I will post some pics of them.

For now I can also confirm that using will powers has an effect on your weapons appearance. Both my pistol and my rifle have the handle morphed from using fire magic alot.

My sword handle/hilt has been morphed by my "chest-hunting" skills and it looks kinda like it belongs on a cutlass. Yet a friend has the exact same hilt from "time spent with other heroes". Anybody have any thoughts on this?

After learning that once your weapon morphs when you upgrade your strength with that weapon type I decided not to do any more upgrades until I had gotten alot further into the game so that the weapon would morph more to my play style rather than to the few things I had done so far.

Oh and the runes on weapons are white if you are neutral, red if evil and I assume blue if good...

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
Ok the way i have come to understand weapon morphs after my third character is this:

To gain certain effects on your weapon you should have done what the morph says at least once (duh), but once is all it can take! I have had effects mentioning things I had only done only once, early on in the game and had already forgotten about, yet my weapon took on that appearance. I believe the morph system doesnt pull from your most frequently used spell or ability or anything, but instead, every time you meet the requirements for a morph it adds that to a pool, then when it comes time to upgrade your weapon in the road to rule, it randomly picks from that pool and bam! theres your weapon morph.

So far i have not recieved a morph based on something i didnt do. That at least works as far as i can tell.

Unfortunately the weapon system didn't live up to what it was hyped to be in most cases, your weapons morphs are not a fluid thing and they dont always suit your character like they should, but it is still possible to make some incredibly cool weapons if your willing to put in the effort.

Such as:
First hold off on your lvl 2 upgrades as long as possible! This will allow you to build a bigger pool of possible morphs and a better chance of getting something that other people arent patient enough to get. Lvl 2 is where you will get your first physical change to your weapon, the hilt.

Secondly, Save right before choose your melee/ranged chests! You are able to return to the sanctuary while on the road to rule, this will allow you to save your game while on it and check out your hero weapons after you have opened your chests, allowing you to look at all your weapons and deciding if you want to keep these changes. If you dont like them, use the xbox button to return to dashboard and load fable again, you will load up on the RTR with no chests open and your weapons back to how they were.
If you open the chests again you will get a different outcome! Rinse and repeat til you are satisfied!

I have been uploading many of my outcomes to the fable wiki so check it out for details on specific morphs, and PLEASE add your own findings, it only takes a minute thanks!

http://fable.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_Weapons

Ugh my fingers hurt... hope people read this.

Zero Kenshin

Phantom Renegade
Reaction score
Ok the way i have come to understand weapon morphs after my third character is this:

To gain certain effects on your weapon you should have done what the morph says at least once (duh), but once is all it can take! I have had effects mentioning things I had only done only once, early on in the game and had already forgotten about, yet my weapon took on that appearance. I believe the morph system doesnt pull from your most frequently used spell or ability or anything, but instead, every time you meet the requirements for a morph it adds that to a pool, then when it comes time to upgrade your weapon in the road to rule, it randomly picks from that pool and bam! theres your weapon morph.

I was actually thinking that this might be what it does but wasn't certain cause I hadn't time to test it much.

This is merely a theory but I was also thinking that it might be the more you have done of something, like killing hollow men for instance, the greater the chance of you getting that particular morph.

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
This has also occured to me but I dont have the patience to test it lol. It would explain why my brother always seems to get the hollow man morph on his weapons. I seem to have a tendency to getting the chest hunting one for a hilt most often.

Topiary

Reaction score
Looks like I had the exact same morphs as OP.

SetWaypoint

Reaction score
Mine looks exactly like this right now, except the hilt is just a big two-handed claymore style, kinda steel looking with a little bit of gold design. And the very bottom of the hilt has an oval white-ish gem supposedly from my use of the shock magic.

initialrt

Town Dust
Reaction score
This has also occured to me but I dont have the patience to test it lol. It would explain why my brother always seems to get the hollow man morph on his weapons. I seem to have a tendency to getting the chest hunting one for a hilt most often.
PM me your gamertag please? Ide like to see what kind of custom weapons you have built up. Im using alot of your posts as the cornerstone of my morphing theory and experiment right now haha.

n3kr0nomikron

Reaction score
PM me your gamertag please? Ide like to see what kind of custom weapons you have built up. Im using alot of your posts as the cornerstone of my morphing theory and experiment right now haha.

My gamertag is the same as my forum name, feel free to add me, just send me a message first so i know where your from before you join my game lol. Only in my third game did I realise that i could keep repicking morphs and even then it wasnt til after i had already done the hilts/handles but im pretty happy with the rest of my stuff so far on him. need to find my girlfriends camera and take some screenshots for this thread.

Vash157

Reaction score
i love how not all the weapons morph the same when you lvl up

Status
Not open for further replies.