• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable II Should Try some ideas from Runescape(Hear me out)

Dillon

Reaction score
Fable II Should Try some ideas from Runescape(Hear me out)

Like with new items and clothes/armor released every month...Really rare things that there are only a few of in the game,and what about holiday events? I think that would be a cool direction for Fable II. or Fable III:O

V

Vampriccat

Re: Fable II Should Try some ideas from Runescape(Hear me out)

That would be awesome... For people who have XBL... :(

By the way, there would be a lot of patches to download... o_O

B

Butcher Wing

That would be pretty cool. Like on Christmas, seeing Bowerstone decorated in wreaths and Christmas trees, and on Thanksgiving, instead of chickens running around, let it be turkeys! :lol:

I'm definitely all for the clothes every month. Big fan of clothes here.

MasterJh

Reaction score

Couple of problems there:
1. the rare items thing wouldn't really work because Fable isn't an MMO
2. The special events things wouldn't really cater to everyone's needs because , for example, only the USA celebrates thanksgiving and there are many peopel from many different religions etc. so Christmas wouldn't work, Easter wouldn't work blah blah blah

Dillon

Reaction score

Really, I dont care about Religion...

MasterJh

Reaction score

Well that's very selfish of you then. Microsoft would have to take religion into account because otherwise they would **** off all the people that have a 360 and that believe in religion and that would mean less sales.

Dillon

Reaction score

So athiests like me get crapped on? I think religous people just need to suck it up, things like christmas, its just another day

MasterJh

Reaction score

Well, actually, no. Usually it is the people from a minority that get crapped on and as far as i am aware there are a hell of alot of atheists and agnostics in the world today. Another thing: i'm sorry i'm being a picky tosser but i like to remind people of the reality of certain things.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

athiests alway think they got it so bad...its hard for people to be politically correct (try and not **** on you)for a religion thats based on denouncing other religions (you **** on them). So b4 you start complaining abot how tough it is to believe in not believing go talk to a Jew in Isreal or an American muslim.

I agree with master about the complications of holidays for microsoft. best just to leave all of that stuff out. I got my religoin but i just think holidays are ways for the man to make munny lol. No but seriously holidays have lost any sacred meaning just like marraiges.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

to much DLC would (most likely) screw up an alredy buggy game

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Oblivion did the DLC very well. I can wait to find the new glitches on Knothole though XD

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Zarkes;245127 said:
Oblivion did the DLC very well. I can wait to find the new glitches on Knothole though XD
oblivion was not a very buggie game i never once game across any slow downs or any glitch for that matter when i played it and that was on the old 360

AON of Greatnes

Man-Bane
Reaction score

maybe something like you download a seasons package and it checks the date and location on the world from xbox live and you get like winter or autumn or spring or whatever and it annoying the way its permanantly summer. the new gear every month sounds good but all i really want is a 3 corner pirate hat and the augment off the maelstrom

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Aions;245129 said:
oblivion was not a very buggie game i never once game across any slow downs or any glitch for that matter when i played it and that was on the old 360
Yeah only money glitches, Ive noticed more and more games with alot more regoins have so many more money glitches. Fable 2 just got unlucky with all of theirs but Oblivions almost semed deliberit to me. I really wish they had th construction set for the 360 lmao.

X

xStAmPiEx

haha speaking of glitches in fable 2... was playing online with my mate (Z3bu) and we switched over to bowerstone market.. and because of the lag i saw myself fall through the ground and then slide and hit a building.. and i got the archievement for falling so many feet or whateva it is lol.

for actually talking about the topic, i think the holiday idea is good and bad. people like me who live in Australia don't care about thanks giving because we don't celebrate it. as for the religious debate. I' am a christian, not gunna hide it. but most people don't really care about the "True Meaning" of xmas, easter and so on. its just a time to get presents and eat chocolate. so i don't think it matters really, u believe what u believe. just because u believe something doesnt mean it has to be put into a game.

Z

Z3bu

Oh Hai StAmPiE! Whazzup! Gotta love that lag in bowerstone WOOO!!

EDIT: The achievement was called Cliff Diver. Silly :p

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

The only reason Runescape has monthly updates like that are because it's a browser based game and is rendered just slightly over 16bit. Nothing they add is every greatly detailed.

With Fable, on the other hand, which is rendered in HD, takes a great deal more effort to create and effectively add things to the game.

F

Flashcoke

it would be unfair on people without XBL.

anain12

Reaction score

I want more quests instead of clothes.

MasterJh

Reaction score

I reckon they should have done something like a create-your-own-quest thing for your mates and you could give them reqards for it e.g. kill 100 hobbes or get a carrot or donate 50,000 gold to the Temple Of Light