• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spamshot

Re: Fable III improvements

I think you should be able to pay to get the guild back, with apprentices and stuff in, but i think that the cullis gate should let you go into a friends world through their guild, this will let you play as your own character, not a henchman

p0ke37

Reaction score

I want pure destructive power, and massive battles. Fable II is about the fate of Albion, and Aurora right? So I would like to be able to get all of my soldiers in Albion to conquer distant lands, with armies of a few hundred or so. I mean how cool would it be if you start out as some kind of revolutionary kid of some deposed king who works his way up to power, only to enslave the people to force them to fight in distant wars to enslave other peoples? I think it would be really ****ing cool.

And you know what else? It would be really cool if they had battles so large that you had to have a few co-op partners to help you win. And I don't want a generic character model, I want to see my fellow heroes weird sense of style.

And after you win these battles, you have the choice to abolish their form of government (by killing the government leader(s)) to tighten the reigns on your monarchy, or to force their subjects into maintaining a monetary fee.

And as king/queen of Albion and/or other lands, I want to be able to chop peoples heads off without having to pay a stupid fine.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

as king, i demand a foot massage.

Forever_Entity

Reaction score

Off the top of my head i can think of one ... and ... I forgot be back later with it ...

Forever_Entity

Reaction score

I remember i want to be able to see the hair cut i getting on my head before i buy it that way i wont be tricked ... like with that bald cut IT LOOKED STUPID

Forever_Entity

Reaction score

also want to do what p0ke37 said to do it sounds AMAZIN

prophet

Reaction score

the ability to load your fable 2 file and see your char in fable 3.
then murder him and take all his wonderful.....err..... gear

Mattew2

Reaction score

be able to save your outfits.

B

Bronimin

I think some good ideas to include in Fable 3 would be...:

-Ability to own companies (eg. shipping company, weapons dealer ect.) and your Alignment is directly affected by these as the houses, stalls ect. did in fable 2.

-A good number of guilds to join and sidequests related to them. and the ability to rise up the ranks of these guilds until you become grandmaster (exapmles of possible guilds may be: Thieves, Assassins, Mages, Warriors, Kings/Queens Army, Merchants, Gladiators, Status)

-the possible status guild would be joined at the start of the game automaticly, cannot be left and represents how the rest of society views you, possible levels could be: Murderer, Thief, Peasant, Royalty, Noble, Urchin, Prince/Princess ect.

- A selection of beginnings to choose from ranging from life of Poverty (Urchin) Royalty (Prince/Princess) Labour (Working class) Rich Merchant (____'s Son/Daughter).
these may start you off with certain skills like the street urchin starts you off with the ability to beg at a higher level/effectivness or survival skills boosted, and a small shack, but starts with a socially low status. Royalty starts you off with a large sum of money, a large house, but with little knowledge of the outside world thus a low survival chance and a permanent incapability to beg. Labour Satrat you off with skills in certain jobs and a small sum of money,
whilst with a reasonable knowledge of survival, small house. R Merchant starts with a high skill in trading as they have apprenticed to their parents a small shipping company and a small caravan (basicly a wagon train that hauls goods around) and a medium sum of money,
but, like the royalty, a low survival capability.

-Albion develops as the game progresses entering new eras as new tech. is discovered and the ability to help in the construction/ development of such things.

- House building (previously mentioned) but with a cap on how big it can get.

-ability to make your own furniture, aids Woodwork skill.

-Construction skill (houses)
|
V
-Boats

-Different islands that can be discovered by the hero.

-the map is covered in a FOW (fog of war) so you cannot see where such islands are.

-Wars and the heroes ability to join in these

- Different mounts (Horses (obviously) Dragons)

-heroes actions affect the fate of Albion (Kill a guy here and spark a thousand year war there, Assassinate the king and throw an empire into collapse)

-some guilds are only accessable if you have not joined a guild of a different type (eg. choose Mages guild+Warriors guild or assassins guild+thieves guild and Royalty against Queens/Kings army)

-the guilds can cause other factions to hate/love you (mages guild -> Mages) and (Kings/Queens army -> civillians)

-Plagues, disasters, and misfortune all interwoven into the game. (eg. 1701= Plague strikes Bowerstone, thousands die.

-if you are king/queen the army is under your command, this could therefore allow you to attack other nations and fortify your own as well as making treaties and alliances but the overall goal is total domination.

- National relations

-Many more minigames but they can revolve around other things than gambling such as a battle minigame when you are commander and the points/spoils recieved depends on 1. what rank you are 2. how many men under your command lived - the ones who died
3.win the battle or lose it.

-

Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;280232 said:
laser guns
lightsabers
kids can grow up to be adults and follow you around
interplanetary travel
QUOTE]
LOL! Im all for #2 but we cant even go up a mountain or deep into the woods. How are we going iinto space?

Shea

Reaction score

Thank you for this consolidation thread. I'm certain Mr Meyers and Lionshead will read it.

I want the good / evil "morality" and pure/corruption "purity" system to work as such.

All actions are judges on a bidirectional single point value of "good" or "bad" :serious: Keeping the "likes/dislikes" element (or strengthening it with more expressions) doing anything that someone dislikes is bad. Doing anything someone likes is good. Kicking chickens is good. Kicking children is bad (ad that too) :smirk: "Purity" being judged by strings of actions in the same moral direction. Increasing the number of triggers (some people dislike being talked too, yet are merchants) for moral action increases the difficulty of achieving long strings.

The playability driver of purity could be centered on quests similar to the Temple of Light and the Temple of Shadow. These "purity quests" are designed to provide the opportunity to perform a continuous string of actions of either direction of morality. Game breaking behaviour such as giving a series of small donations or standing in town killing guards and peasants - would be possible as well. Making those activities more difficult by including "standing in one place too long, or past dark" as bad, and using healing magic (ala Fable 1) as good. Even taking healing potions could be designated as good (and keeping the "meat is bad" angle) as they are created with "good" magic presumably.

Kudos :cheer: Time delay on healing from foods :yay:

What exactly you should get for being pure vs not being pure, as this system makes "purity" a challenge as opposed to a choice :shrug: Don't care. I want it to work this way :smile:

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Pink Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Bunny into
(")_(")your signature to help her attain world domination.
ALL HAIL EMPRESS BUNNY! +rep

Shea

Reaction score
My Ally

The player with whom I discussed my corruption/purity concept prior to posting it here has requested that I mention this behest as well :thumbsup:

"Please! And if you will, return the ability to "hotkey" specific actions/items onto the d-pad."

:) And in general develop more utility to the interface to all of us who know how to vulcan death pinch keyboard and controller :cool: "spells" :cough:

That is all ... for now :D

-----
10 green hand grenades sitting on a wall,
10 green hand grenades sitting on a wall,
And if 1 green hand grenade should accidentally fall,
There would be no green hand grenades and no f***ing wall

odd.. that quote is much more him too :ninja:

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

Mattew2;346682 said:
be able to save your outfits.

I like this idea. It would prove to be useful if implemented.

MournfulStorms

*Snerk*
Reaction score

I have a MASSIVE list of things I want to say, but I'll try and keep it to things that are plausible, since there's a lot I would like but Lionhead can only put in so much...

-More clothing options (and did anyone notice that the patchy coat was one of the most attractive coats?)

-A choice of pets. Hey, even if I could just choose between cat and dog, I would be happy.

-Attractive spouses. Plainly speaking, the whores were the prettiest women and there were no attractive men. (Off-topic: I wanted curled hair...)

-Keeping my children after a divorce. Are single parents that bad? Plus, I liked my cute little offspring. And on the subject of children, maybe they could grow up. Maybe. Or at least follow you to a different place, if it's within a town. My child liked Oakfield, so I wanted to take him there for a vacation, but I couldn't. :(

-I'd like to be able to close the door on my house. Is that such a big thing? I get really annoyed when everyone (especially the town crier) just waltzes into my house in the middle of the night and starts talking to me. And they ask me for an engagement ring when I've just invited my husband to bed. D:

-What I really wanted to see (although, for obvious reasons, it wasn't possible in Fable 2) was a couple of heroes just randomly walking around...I wondered why there weren't any in Fable 1. Just someone really cool-looking hanging around.

-Fist fighting. Like, unequipping your weapon. That way I could give someone a good sock in the face if they were annoying me :)

-And I enjoyed having a mercenary. Someone who could really fight and was useful, and who I could have around almost anytime. IMO, Hammer got really annoying and the others weren't around long enough.

-I would like to see some more 'pointless' jobs. Like the school teacher in Fable 1 (I enjoyed disrupting his class and watching the kids run out for recess), or the crate carriers. Y'know, just to know that the people in Bowerstone have better things to do than walk around and ask you to marry them...

-One last thing is that I would like the physical changes to be optional when you gain abilities...it would be pretty awesome to be kick-ass and still look tiny and delicate :p I like it when I'm shorter/the same height as my husband, rather than towering over everybody.

About glitches...The only ones I really wanted fixed were the family ones. The disappearing spouse and the catatonic children. So far, the thing I've found that keeps my spouse from disappearing is to marry someone with a proper job, like the blacksmith or alchemist. And every so often my kid just stops responding. Currently, he just stopped being catatonic and still won't respond to my expressions.

im reece

Billionaire
Reaction score

No more fly orbs!! let us see other players characters :D

Reaction score

im reece;347652 said:
No more fly orbs!! let us see other players characters :D

That would be cool. Also, I really want some henchmen. Like, I liked the ones from Fable1, but I always got kind of dissopointed when only 2 could follow me. ( I didnt need them of course; it was just cool having a lil gang of people.) But I would like to mabye be able to hier a gang of bandits or some highway men. Sure you can have people follow you in F2, but they wouldnt fight. They would only **** there pants when you cast a spell or complain that they want to go over there and then get killed by a balvorine. I want my henchmen back.

MauriceD

R U related 2 a tree
Reaction score

random list of things i would like 2 c in fable III

-have people repair their homes when they get damaged
-have the dog not come in the house unless i give it permission
-give some more choice in the decoration of the houses
-don't let people take it out on my dog if i choose 2 be an evil bastard
-have a "buy all choice" at shops/stalls saves some time if you try 2 make some money
trading
-have parents not freak about me giving an autograph 2 their child
-have the dogs priorities set on finding treasure instead of pointing out quest
-have al the npc as target ...yes that includes kids 2
-have fans not come in2 the bedroom when i invite someone over 2 my place
-have people not come up 2 me for a wedding ring when they just congratulated me on my-- wedding
-have an option 2 buy your helper a beer at the pub and sit down and gambe/drink
-have your kids not be nearly nine years old for ever
-have your physical powers decline if you are really getting old
-give us the choice 2 import our children from fable II in2 fable III (that big table at fairfax
castle has a lot of empty chairs)
-have people actually use the gifts you give them for instance i really do want my husband/wife 2 wear something else
-have an option 2 cure your kids from the good/bad nature you gave them along with your
genes (have em drink the spring water i give em)
-have your male hero not wax his entire body the other guys are looking more natural
-how come my dog never takes a ****? he doesnt drink once but ****es all the time
-where are the horses 2 that are needed for the carriage

rwrulesrw

Reaction score

Theres a bunch of things Id want to see better. Fable 2 was great and all, but this would make it seem more life like, which is what Fable's famous for.

1) More things to spend money on. Your pretty much set early on in the game if you get a couple houses/good enough weapons. Just creative ideas like they came up with the Skate 2 Properties to unlock new areas for a huge sum of money.

2) Make spells button activated. Who the crap wants to use level 1 lightning when they have level 5? And also, who wants to be whacked to death charging up? Rt+A, Rt+B, Rt+Y, Rt+X, Rt+Directional Up, etc.

3) make spells more varies. Why have level 5 Inferno when level 5 lightning does more damage? If they're all attack spells, no one wants all of them. I liked Time Control, Chaos, and Raise Dead though, liked the change ups.

4) I miss the aging thing in Fable 1. It was cool downing potions and stuff trying to not max out the age at 60. Plus, the kids need to freakin grow up and get a job (lol) or actually play a role in the game or something. In Fable 3 you play as your Fable 2 hero's son, but how is that possible when he's been 7 years old for like, 15 years?

I think these could be pretty easily fixed things, but yet have a pretty good effect on the game in my opinion.

Oh and to the person right above me, Maurice, I would love people fixing buildings. I always hated walking in a store i destroyed like, 2 in game years ago and having all the windows blown out. Maybe make it noticable too, have a bunch of people around working on it other then teleport away and come back, and poof its fixed.

Also I was reading more, and because your in a castle within the game, and since in most medieval castles have families, get hugely in depth with them. Have your kids eventually grow year by year and marry off with someone else, they have kids, maybe their brother doesnt get married and becomes an Assassin, and when you target them it says like, Nephew Rodrick, or Cousin Andrew, Grandson Smitty, something like that. Then you can actually use those chairs in Fairfax (props to Maurice again)

Garnie

Wench of Albion
Reaction score

i would like a little more choices for the female hero like clothes, hair and accessory's. the only stuff we got was the queen warrior outfit and the hot date outfit. the rest of it, no right minded heroin would wear when she is slicing of bandits heads and kicking the balls of hollow men...
"this cost me 500g, you big meany!!"

I would also like to see the game play a little longer, or a promise of updates. I was a little dissapointed when i bought see the future and knothole island, because there was only one real quest in the whole thing. big bummer.

Having a choice of more spells and strengths would be quite nice, and you character not to look like such a big man when she buffs up too. more dog breeds or a choice in animal (like you can choice your pet at the beginning of the game) and maybe a little more simulation when it comes to free time. such as more options to either build homes, or do jobs.

THE CO-OP MUST BE SORTED!!! I cant deal with the crazy camara angles. your hero should have a chance of hanging out to with your own screens and stuff. It would be cool if you could have 4 hero playing at the same time in a party. More achievements on some crazy stuff, with it updated all the time.

and last but not least, Lion head need some modders in the game. Why?? see my rant!!

^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.