• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Fable III improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

currupted

Reaction score
Re: Fable III improvements

more spells possilbly different types more types of raise dead destruction healing

Lord B0urne

The Saint
Reaction score

Least were finally getting a hero who speaks :)

Fable1Fan

Reaction score

they should also make the wings non see through that is just going 2 annoy me

cleon24769

Reaction score

Something I'd like to see is an improvement on property management, specifically a faster "one-stop-shop" kind of thing where you can just manage the rent/prices on all your properties in one interface rather than going literally door-to-door, city-to-city.

Nightwishes

Reaction score

cleon24769;417432 said:
Something I'd like to see is an improvement on property management, specifically a faster "one-stop-shop" kind of thing where you can just manage the rent/prices on all your properties in one interface rather than going literally door-to-door, city-to-city.

i LOVE the idea of that, seeing as for my character (100% good, 100% pure) had to become 75% corrupt in order to open a demon door let's just say it took a while to change all of the rents back and forth >_<
I hope they add it to the new game as it would make peoples lives a lot easier ^^

cleon24769

Reaction score

Nightwishes;417487 said:
i LOVE the idea of that, seeing as for my character (100% good, 100% pure) had to become 75% corrupt in order to open a demon door let's just say it took a while to change all of the rents back and forth >_<
I hope they add it to the new game as it would make peoples lives a lot easier ^^

Aww tell me about it... I like 100% Evil/Pure so it took me forever to do that 75% corruption thing and then go back and lower the rents again.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

cleon24769;417587 said:
Aww tell me about it... I like 100% Evil/Pure so it took me forever to do that 75% corruption thing and then go back and lower the rents again.

amen to that

FableTLCFan

Reaction score

They Should improve the wings in fable 3 instead of being transparent and only show some time they should aways be there and should look like apart of u like solid can't see throught them

remidj

Reaction score

maybe more simulation stuff like that

GrimWhim

Reaction score

What I'd like to see is a magic system that doesn't suck. I'm especially ****ed about the fact that using your Will powers prematurely ages you. I mean, where the hell is the downsides to using melee weapons or ranged weapons? Why do the magic users ALWAYS have to get screwed over? I'd be lying if I said this was the only game that does magic terribly.

Out of all the styles of combat in an RPG game, magic has the most potential but no one ever takes advantage of it. They half-ass it and the players are left to suffer because of it. I want to see them add a bunch of new spells, maybe even spells no other game has and then I want them to do this Spellweave system proper and make it so there's just a load of different spell variations one can make.

Of course... I know that they'll never do that and I'll always end up disappointed but... eh... a man can dream, can't he?

FableTLCFan

Reaction score

GrimWhim;417821 said:
What I'd like to see is a magic system that doesn't suck. I'm especially ****ed about the fact that using your Will powers prematurely ages you. I mean, where the hell is the downsides to using melee weapons or ranged weapons? Why do the magic users ALWAYS have to get screwed over? I'd be lying if I said this was the only game that does magic terribly.

Out of all the styles of combat in an RPG game, magic has the most potential but no one ever takes advantage of it. They half-ass it and the players are left to suffer because of it. I want to see them add a bunch of new spells, maybe even spells no other game has and then I want them to do this Spellweave system proper and make it so there's just a load of different spell variations one can make.

Of course... I know that they'll never do that and I'll always end up disappointed but... eh... a man can dream, can't he?

i second that the magic system in fable 2 sucked u die half the time before u can charge your spell all the way also they redone the spell system so i heard and u just u the highest damage without the need 2 charge and your right i does seem that the magic users are screwed over Ahem*OBLIVION,DRAGON AGE* i personally think thats the first thing that they should do is perfect the magic before they screw around with lighting and graphics.

cleon24769

Reaction score

I'm hoping they'll include an option to turn off the slow-mo bullet time during combat. It can be cool and all, but I find it incredibly annoying when you're doing the Colosseum and you see it 80 times in a row!

FableTLCFan

Reaction score

cleon24769;417838 said:
I'm hoping they'll include an option to turn off the slow-mo bullet time during combat. It can be cool and all, but I find it incredibly annoying when you're doing the Colosseum and you see it 80 times in a row!

especially when your kickin but and takin names 2 LOL:D

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

GrimWhim;417821 said:

I started a new game of Fable II to have one for Fable III, and I actually tried to use magic (which I had never really tried in the past). Once you get spells like the Inferno one up to 3 or 4 stars, they kill pretty much everything. You can't kill bosses with them because of the charging, but that's why you don't just specialize in one area. Although more spells would obviously be awesome.

FableTLCFan

Reaction score

i have all the spaces full of my charcter each one diffrenet let i be alignment or skillz or gender i just but i mostly just use a big freakin hammer and smash people though i have never tried the katanas or cutlass's if anyone else has plz tell me what their like im 2 lazy 2 do it my self

GrimWhim

Reaction score

POOP;417901 said:
I started a new game of Fable II to have one for Fable III, and I actually tried to use magic (which I had never really tried in the past). Once you get spells like the Inferno one up to 3 or 4 stars, they kill pretty much everything. You can't kill bosses with them because of the charging, but that's why you don't just specialize in one area. Although more spells would obviously be awesome.

The whole point of the game is to play how you want to play and I enjoy using magic. I wouldn't be much of a pure Will user if I used swords and guns, would I? I just find the lack of spells and the lengthy charge time to be a very big hindrance and it kind of kills the gameplay for me. That's why I hope it's not as bad in Fable III. I'm mostly looking forward to the Spellweave system because it sounds pretty sweet.

kinshou14

Reaction score

Alright, my reply is going to take a bit but I'll try and wrap it into a simple sweet package of ideas, some old, some new, most just... needed.

For starters, before they add NEW stuff, they need to look at what players are saying about the OLD stuff. Fable 1 had a MUCH more engaging and driving storyline with mystery and magic and interesting characters and so many plot twists you stayed to the end. It was short, yes. Also it was fairly linear, there weren't a lot of options for arms and armor. Charging your ranged weapon was a bit annoying. Otherwise, good.

Fable 2 failed to carry onward the wonderful tradition... the amazing array of spells, useful to ANY player, be it ranged, melee, or magic, made for a impressively varied play through in terms of combat in Fable 1. Not so in fable 2. Very few spells, most of which were excessively simplified and repetitive in their usefulness. In addition the lack of mana made for B button spamming at multiple occasions, thus magic combat was disengaging and boring, and was a no go for me. Ranged combat was fine, and the increased variation in weapons was refreshing, but I couldn't accept guns replacing bows. Melee was fine, but taking away heavier weapons (which made for slower hits but greater damage) was both annoying and sadly obvious when they got rid of one of the most driving things about combat - getting that multiplier as high as your skill as a PLAYER could get it. They wrecked the way I enjoyed my combat, and then they wrecked with my enemies. NOTHING is difficult. I could blow through all the enemies - as proofed by the Fable 2 arena. Whereas in Fable 1, you had balvarines that were NOT predictable and hit hard and fast. You had the weird construct things near the end with orange swords (You fight them the second time you save the archeologist) that parried and moved and were infuriating but were at the same time a real challenge until you mastered hit and roll, dodge block and hit and all, and you had actual BOSSES like the scorpion and jack of blades. On the flip side, a larger and more explorable world made for many more hours of play, as well as children giving family a whole new meaning in the game world. The dog is something I did, do, and always will love. But money is too easy to come by. So is experience. (Run the Crucible five times and you'll know what I mean...)

So this is where I stand with ideas for fable 3 compared to fable 2:
1. More spells, with actual usefulness. If you have to, use fable 1 spells. I actually rather ENJOYED healing myself and the 6 guards with me when we saved the archeologist the second time. I found having a magical shield useful too. And the floating blades that followed you around and swung at your enemies? Better than the blades in Fable 2. Which are just like the shock attack. And the flame attack. And really... half the spells in Fable 2 are the SAME thing. A little creativeness please.
2. I say give us armor AND clothing. Walking into a horde of undead wearing my town suite was retarted.
3. Keep the dog, and I like the breed idea.
4. Keep multi-gender.
5. Reduce aging speed. I don't wanna be stuck at 60 when I finish the game... I wanna be under the age of 40 for a good long time, not over the age of 80 for half the game and beyond.
6. Give us bows again, loud weapons are annoying.
7. Bring back stealth. What sort of assassin doesn't stealth...
8. Keep giving us kids. Let them grow up. I have 4 (1 wife) and my little girl should be a woman while my youngest boy should be a... young boy. How am I supposed to accept them being the same age...
9. Expanding on above, create world aging. Even if it's basic. My fresh young 23 year old wife is still banging that 90 year old hero. He's tough, but come on... (This, of course, is optional.)
10. Where was I... oh, right. Bring back magic bar. While you're at it, bring back the bleeding combat multiplier too. I wanna work for my xp. That stupid *Amazing fight! 200% xp!* is just dumb. I want that big 25x multiplier.
11. Don't be lazy asses, give us some REAL bosses, and REAL Final Boss Fight! I liked kicking Jack of Blade's ass in a 1 on 1... shooting that stupid old geezer who did in with my sister was HORRIBLY anticlimactic.
12. Speaking of which, just give us a good story this time. And bring back the in game cinematic stuff. Remember when we found the grave-keeper talking about the armor he found? How the protagonist hid next to the door to listen then waved nonchalantly when the guy left in Fable 1? Yeah... much better than spinning your camera in boredom. Plus we got to see our character REACT in stead of standing their like an idiot.
13. As for ideas? Keep going. So far, what I see for fable 3 looks good. Extreme morphing, morphing weapons, interactive dressing room and armory, world being visually effected by your choices, all good. It's looking good. Just DON'T screw things up worse.

That said. I'm looking forward to it and I can't wait to see where my own little world goes :p Working on being named king in Fable 2 so I can carry on completely into fable 3.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

kinshou14;418580 said:
For starters, before they add NEW stuff, they need to look at what players are saying about the OLD stuff. Fable 1 had a MUCH more engaging and driving storyline with mystery and magic and interesting characters and so many plot twists you stayed to the end. It was short, yes. Also it was fairly linear, there weren't a lot of options for arms and armor. Charging your ranged weapon was a bit annoying. Otherwise, good.
So far the storyline of Fable III looks promising as the one of the first Fable. However, many improvements are made in Fable III. (from what we can see so far) We will see more when Fable III will be released though.

kinshou14;418580 said:
Fable 2 failed to carry onward the wonderful tradition... the amazing array of spells, useful to ANY player, be it ranged, melee, or magic, made for a impressively varied play through in terms of combat in Fable 1. Not so in fable 2. Very few spells, most of which were excessively simplified and repetitive in their usefulness. In addition the lack of mana made for B button spamming at multiple occasions, thus magic combat was disengaging and boring, and was a no go for me. Ranged combat was fine, and the increased variation in weapons was refreshing, but I couldn't accept guns replacing bows. Melee was fine, but taking away heavier weapons (which made for slower hits but greater damage) was both annoying and sadly obvious when they got rid of one of the most driving things about combat - getting that multiplier as high as your skill as a PLAYER could get it. They wrecked the way I enjoyed my combat, and then they wrecked with my enemies. NOTHING is difficult. I could blow through all the enemies - as proofed by the Fable 2 arena. Whereas in Fable 1, you had balvarines that were NOT predictable and hit hard and fast. You had the weird construct things near the end with orange swords (You fight them the second time you save the archeologist) that parried and moved and were infuriating but were at the same time a real challenge until you mastered hit and roll, dodge block and hit and all, and you had actual BOSSES like the scorpion and jack of blades. On the flip side, a larger and more explorable world made for many more hours of play, as well as children giving family a whole new meaning in the game world. The dog is something I did, do, and always will love. But money is too easy to come by. So is experience. (Run the Crucible five times and you'll know what I mean...)
When someone creates a sequel this doesn't mean there's a "tradition" within the game franchise. The game, is a different game with the same name which carries the bare basics of the game.

Developers create sequels to improve their game and make it a better experience, perhaps many facts of Fable II weren't liked by the people that loved the first Fable, however Fable II has many better and further developed things than the first Fable.

Of course, Fable II had many problems when it comes in battle, mechanics and so on. However, thanks to the progress made to Fable II, we will be able to see a better Fable III.

The first two Fable games weren't difficult, it's just because people often fight blindly and increase the skill(s) of their hero's recklessly without taking in consideration many other mechanics and facts.

I'm not bothered by the fact there weren't bosses like in the first Fable game. However, it seems there will be something similar in Fable III, I wouldn't expect something like the first Fable game though, I would expect something like Fable II but improved. Yet, Fable II has bosses.

kinshou14;418580 said:
1. More spells, with actual usefulness. If you have to, use fable 1 spells. I actually rather ENJOYED healing myself and the 6 guards with me when we saved the archeologist the second time. I found having a magical shield useful too. And the floating blades that followed you around and swung at your enemies? Better than the blades in Fable 2. Which are just like the shock attack. And the flame attack. And really... half the spells in Fable 2 are the SAME thing. A little creativeness please.

I'm sure some new spells have been introduced in Fable III, however some spells that have been removed in Fable II, were removed for the correct reason. For example, healing yourself in Fable II is do-able by potions which doesn't require a spell.

I do think there's creativeness in Fable II's and Fable III's spells, because they need to keep in mind the balance of the game and the usage that the player will do of the spell. (and to don't create so many spells that players won't use, just like the first Fable game)

kinshou14;418580 said:
2. I say give us armor AND clothing. Walking into a horde of undead wearing my town suite was retarted.
From what I can see the outfits in Fable III have been improved. However, I don't think it is retarded to wear certain clothes while fighting, the era of Fable II is far from the medieval-like era of the first Fable game, that was filled with dark and folklore. There will be some armors in Fable III though, you can see one in a screenshot released at the comic-con 2010.

As Albion moves on, the hero's move on with their aesthetics too.

kinshou14;418580 said:
3. Keep the dog, and I like the breed idea.
4. Keep multi-gender.
These things are obviously kept in Fable III. They were some of the good features in Fable II, there's no reason why Lionhead would have removed them in Fable III.

kinshou14;418580 said:
5. Reduce aging speed. I don't wanna be stuck at 60 when I finish the game... I wanna be under the age of 40 for a good long time, not over the age of 80 for half the game and beyond.
I have to agree here, however I believe the aging will be improved in Fable III, of course it will depend on your morality too.

kinshou14;418580 said:
6. Give us bows again, loud weapons are annoying.
7. Bring back stealth. What sort of assassin doesn't stealth...

Albion has reach the industrial age, there are no more bows, expect guns and other firearms.

Stealth was one of the features in the first Fable game that wasn't that useful or used, I'm glad they removed stealth though, as well other mechanics aligned with it. They were filling the first game with things that weren't required. (though funny things)

kinshou14;418580 said:
10. Where was I... oh, right. Bring back magic bar. While you're at it, bring back the bleeding combat multiplier too. I wanna work for my xp. That stupid *Amazing fight! 200% xp!* is just dumb. I want that big 25x multiplier.
I don't think that fighting in Fable II was dumb at all, the player could experience pretty good fights against creatures, bandits etc.

I'm glad they removed the mana bar, it wasn't required, also introduced a new way of handling spells as an action-rpg game.

kinshou14

Reaction score

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I suppose I was fairly negative, and miss-represented the amount of research into the third game I've already done. I know they are keeping dogs and female protagonists :p. As for melee combat, I didn't mean to imply that all melee combat sucked. I actually rather liked what they did to bring combat further in the second game. I won't lie when I say I really enjoyed combat, I just wasn't happy with the removal of the combat multiplier. Otherwise, keep everything else, fable 2 melee/ranged was pretty good really. As for the mana bar, I suppose it depends on your play style. I just wasn't impressed with the spell spamming I could pull off.

And I must agree that while bows were prefferable, the aging of the world has forced us away from the quieter weapons. Ah well. I still think stealth should be aloud though, the thing about fable 1 I liked was yes - there were a lot of play styles (And spells) That people didn't use. But the fact was the diversity gave people lots of options, and the roguish assassin or thief was an rp option multiple people capitalized on.

And thanks for confirming armor in the next game. What I really meant was that, while heavy armor isn't a huge thing like it was in the medieval era, there was a certain absurdity to the lack of gear designed to protect you in the second game. And the fact is, fans were sad with when armor went. A lot of us liked that 8 foot guy to be dressed in something big and heavy.

And BTW, I would have agreed with your view of healing spells, except that once I was having to heal people AROUND me, the spell became considerably more useful.

As for my obvious anti-Fable 2 ravings. Forgive me, I did not mean it wasn't good. While I like what I have mentioned better in Fable 1, there are LOTS of things I liked in Fable 2. For instance, a large erray of non-armor oriented clothing was nice. I like dyes. Being able to buy and rent out any home was a refreshing change to killing people to get their house. The world was MUCH bigger and many times more explorable. And there is much more but now we're getting off topic IMO.

So to lay out my hand, I liked Fable 1. It was that game I spent hours on. I liked Fable 2. I spent many more hours on it too. Friends of mine didn't, for listed reasons. Fable 3? I plan to have friends pre-order it for my birthday because I'm so excited. Gi'me some more Fable!

TheChosen1

Reaction score

I think being able to talk or atleast chose options for speech during the game would be good. Also there should be a better integrated multiplayer/xbox live interface. I hate that you cant play as your own character when you co-op in the game. You should be able to lose weight/ gain weight or even muscle my more imaginative ways that just eating celery. Children growing up properly would be great. If fable could adapt the customisable qualities of say the sims, without the lame repetitive action of making them sleep when theyre tired pee etc, then this game would have immense potentail. Afterall theres nothing like 'the sims' for xbox or playstation - just PC.

Anyone agree? or do you disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.