• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite weapon?

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score
Re: Favorite weapon?

Aw, come on. It could be a good sword till Jack owned it and the sword got corrupted and somehow it talked. Again, no one knows for sure.

But I guess you're right. :p

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

seress;319708 said:
Aw, come on. It could be a good sword till Jack owned it and the sword got corrupted and somehow it talked. Again, no one knows for sure.

But I guess you're right. :p
According to the Tales of Albion, Jack had the sword from the start. Then, William Black (Archon/Scythe/The Hero's ancestor) stole it and used it to kill Jack along with the Knight and Queen of Blades. Therefore it was always corrupt.

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

DarkenedSoul;319647 said:
*The Sentinus*

Learn to spell, guys.
I know how to spell perfectly fine, thank you. It's the fictional name of a weapon so who cares.

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

Mine? a fedora with a gold-bronzish tinted blade white holding thing, green jewels, and stuff:
http://forums.projectego.net/weapon-retextures-15992/ (although it's not clear you can see the handle on my sig.)
I although replaced it instead of the normal fedora with larger attack.
Although without mods it would have to be(darn. i haven't played fable for months i forget the legendary weapons) the sentinus, it looks just too cool.

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Should we discuss the original weapons here in original unmodded state first? Sure, modding is fun. It breaks most of the rules too.
Imagine the way the buffed up Hero holds or swings a modded 2 handed wooden stick. That's kinda hilarious to me.
And thanks for the link to droded's step by step guide. He did a good job.

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

seress;320410 said:
Should we discuss the original weapons here in original unmodded state first? Sure, modding is fun. It breaks most of the rules too.
Agreed... We should talk about the weapons that were designed into the game :cool:

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Anyone here likes Harbinger?
I think it's a well balanced sword. Not too powerful but decent enough to get you through the whole game. Its length is perfect for the Hero too, especially when he maxed out Strength.

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

seress;320719 said:
Anyone here likes Harbinger?
I think it's a well balanced sword. Not too powerful but decent enough to get you through the whole game. Its length is perfect for the Hero too, especially when he maxed out Strength.
I do agree that it is pretty cool but I mean you really only use it against the White Balverine and in The Arena and almost immediately afterward you can get the Katana Hiryu, which is an obviously more powerful weapon. Besides, Avo's Tear is prolly the largest sword in the game and is much more efficient in compensating for my obvious shortcomings. (That last part was a joke even though Avo's Tear's size, as well as that line going through the middle, are what I like about it.)

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

JohnDoe;320733 said:
The only thing that doesn't make sense is that by the time you can get that weapon, you often have stronger weapons already. Aside from that, the Harbinger is my favorite unique* weapon.

* Longswords are still my preferred tool of destruction.

Mikhail;320733 said:
I do agree that it is pretty cool but I mean you really only use it against the White Balverine and in The Arena and almost immediately afterward you can get the Katana Hiryu, which is an obviously more powerful weapon.

I know. Hiryu is more powerful and has a cool name too. Flying dragon. :lol:
It looks more like an over-sized dagger than a katana to me. I still prefer Harbinger for its long reach. And why is the katana in LG's bedroom? In the original game, you have to marry her in order to get it. Praise TLC!

Speaking of katana, Daichi looks much more like it. But of course, it's a Fable 2 weapon.

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

seress;320973 said:
I know. Hiryu is more powerful and has a cool name too. Flying dragon. :lol:

I didn't know it meant that... COOL! :D

seress;320973 said:
It looks more like an over-sized dagger than a katana to me. I still prefer Harbinger for its long reach. And why is the katana in LG's bedroom? In the original game, you have to marry her in order to get it. Praise TLC!

Yeah, I agree. The katana's aren't the coolest looking in Fable/TLC. They're better in II.
Wait, in the original couldn't you expose her as a murder and become the mayor?

seress;320973 said:
Speaking of katana, Daichi looks much more like it. But of course, it's a Fable 2 weapon.

The Daichi is my favorite Fable II weapon for sure! Also it's the most powerful. ;)

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

I like the master longsword. its what I use in both Fable and Fable II. it looks good, and ist over powered but is still good enough to get you though the entire game. I like longswords. plus you can augment it whatever way you want since it isnt legendary.

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;321031 said:
I like the master longsword. its what I use in both Fable and Fable II. it looks good, and ist over powered but is still good enough to get you though the entire game. I like longswords. plus you can augment it whatever way you want since it isnt legendary.

The Solus Greatsword has 1 open Aug slot and The Bereaver (Only in the Xbox version of TLC) has 2! Both Legendary.

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

TJ Griffin;321031 said:

If i don't use cheats I'll need a master longbow or Frying Pan to hold all the mana augments. Master longbow is probably the only ranged weapon I wanna spend money on it.

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

seress;321247 said:
If i don't use cheats I'll need a master longbow or Frying Pan to hold all the mana augments. Master longbow is probably the only ranged weapon I wanna spend money on it.

With the frying pan, if you have 4 mana augs how fast will your mana regenerate with it equipped?

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Mikhail;321376 said:
With the frying pan, if you have 4 mana augs how fast will your mana regenerate with it equipped?

5 mana augs. Pretty fast. :cool:

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

seress;321489 said:
5 mana augs. Pretty fast. :cool:

Wait I thought the frying pan had 4 aug slots?

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Yes. But it can have 5. You have to put all 5 augs in it at the same time. :lol:

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

It won't allow you to assign a 5th element (the 5th aug) into the array once you exit the weapons menu. The array is 0 indexed but there are only 4 slots shown in the menu. They didn't even fix it in TLC. :lol:

jwc2200

Reaction score

This is the same with any weapon, if you mod it to have 5+ slots you can add 3 in game, the still add more later. If you add 4 augs then exit the menu, you lose the rest of the slots. If you do it all at once you can add as many as 10 augs to the weapon, if you set it to have 10 slots.