• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favourite Character In The Whole Of Fable

Favourite Character From Fable.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack of Spade's

The Assassin
Reaction score
Re: Favourite Character In The Whole Of Fable

Mlaar;425982 said:
She played at midnight a day later but ended up stoned and never came home :D

Really when the book store lady. She now is headless so I got her a nice pumpkin that I harvested with the malestorm

Reaction score

Garth is WAY cooler than Reaver IMO(either way I voted for Theresa,she's just sooo mysterious). And we all know Hammer sucks>.< But what annoys me is that the sister in Fable II,well, they don't give her any personality at all!She's kinda just there for the first 10 minutes of the game. She didn't grow on me like Theresa did. So, they give her no personality,barely introduce her, and they expect me to chase after her the whole game?That's partly why Fable II was boring for me. Sorry if I went off topic.

Reaction score

What about maze. He was almost as key as theresa or JoB and he was awesome becuase he defined what a will user was capable of and age didnt dull the skills. I wanted to give him a chance to redeem himself and if it wasnt for his soft spot for the HoO, JoB would rule the world and there would be no more fable. Maze would have been my choice but second to that sythe

Reaction score

How did I know Reaver was going to win this one?

Reaction score

scythe coming in second =D if scythe garth and theresa killed reaver i would be happy

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

SelfAppointedGunslinger;426220 said:
How did I know Reaver was going to win this one?

Everyone's gay for Reaver.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Prince Louis;426197 said:
Reaver is popular. There is nothing you can say or do to change that fact Grim. Sure you can rant about your hate for him on a forum but that just makes you seem immature.

"he was a prick" Hah. And like your Hero character wasn't? If anything i'm willing to bet that your character has done worse then our dear Reaver.

But alas Reaver is a computer game character. He isn't real. He isn't going to come into your room at night and spit out some harmful quotes at you.
So just chillout

It makes me seem immature because I make valid points about him being a cliched, underdeveloped character? What universe do you live in?

Indeed he was but I didn't have a bunch of slack-jawed, intellectually challenged nuts worshiping me and furiously jerking themselves off every time I so much as breathed.

I'm plenty chill but if you think I'm going to roll over so kids like you can obsess over a terribad character, you're sadly mistaken.

RachelDisco

Reaction score

Why bother making this into a big deal?
This was supposed to be a simple question on what character people liked.
Everyone has their own opinions on who they like, so no need to bash the people who like Reaver or any other character for that matter.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

going back to topic...
Garth through and through. i love what little of his story you see, and (OMG this seems to be happening to me more and more what is wrong with me) i agree, although less vocally, with GrimWhim. Reaver needed work. i hope they improve him if Fable 3. Improve him a lot. we know he has feelings other than Narcissism, i hope he breaks down at some point in game. I might feel for him.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

RachelDisco;426253 said:
Why bother making this into a big deal?
This was supposed to be a simple question on what character people liked.
Everyone has their own opinions on who they like, so no need to bash the people who like Reaver or any other character for that matter.

It's not "bashing" as you so crudely put it, it's trying to figure out why people like him and then devaluing anything they say in the process.

Also, I can make it into a big deal because I can. After all, this IS a thread about our favorite characters in the "Whole Of Fable" and there's nothing wrong with discussing any character, even if it is just to prove how terrible said character is.

Reaction score

It's just annoying that everyone likes Reaver just because he's a "badass" but,as GrimWhim said he is just a poorly undeveloped character.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

TheHeroOfOakvale;426352 said:
It's just annoying that everyone likes Reaver just because he's a "badass" but,as GrimWhim said he is just a poorly undeveloped character.

Why is that annoying? It's their opinion, I mean, if your favorite character was, I dunno, Farmer Giles, I wouldn't think the same, but I'd respect your opinion and move on, it does not affect me or the way I percive a character.

And BTW, there are tons more characters in that list that are less developed (Lady Grey anyone?) and yet you guys don't bash them. If you leave this to me, I would say you guys are the ones in the "I'm different" bandwagon.

With that said, I voted Weaver, as I quite liked him in both Fables.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

My favorite character is me. **** everyone else.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;426357 said:
Why is that annoying? It's their opinion, I mean, if your favorite character was, I dunno, Farmer Giles, I wouldn't think the same, but I'd respect your opinion and move on, it does not affect me or the way I percive a character.

And BTW, there are tons more characters in that list that are less developed (Lady Grey anyone?) and yet you guys don't bash them. If you leave this to me, I would say you guys are the ones in the "I'm different" bandwagon.

With that said, I voted Weaver, as I quite liked him in both Fables.

It's the principle of the matter. I am utterly disgusted by people who obsess over a character in any game while knowing absolutely nothing about them. They follow the crowd and make any excuse to justify it. Lady Grey is far more developed than Reaver is and even if she wasn't, she's an evil conniving ***** in the first one and an Undead, love-sick puppy in the second one.

You can't really develop her past that point especially since Lionhead appears to make the good decisions you can make canonical while the other choices don't seem to have any effect on the future titles. For example, I'm sure quite a few people killed Theresa yet there she was in Fable II, just as healthy as ever.

Still, I only "bash" Reaver because he's the only one the masses of mindless sheep seem to enjoy. If they liked Farmer Giles who has absolutely no character development in the game or a personality that we can judge him by, I'd still be doing the same thing.

TheHeroOfOakvale;426352 said:

I don't care if people like a character because they're a bad ass but when people can't come up with an original response as to why they like him, that is when I begin to get annoyed.

Reaction score

lol funny story,today when I got home I looked at this thread and then my brother was playing fable II and he was like, wow!this Reaver guy is so cool he just shot his butler(or something like that)and I was like lol...

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

TheHeroOfOakvale;426423 said:
lol funny story,today when I got home I looked at this thread and then my brother was playing fable II and he was like, wow!this Reaver guy is so cool he just shot his butler(or something like that)and I was like lol...
lolz yea liek hes awsum lol

Prince Louis

Incredibly Handsome Master of All Villainy
Reaction score

Just so you know Grim i'm not hating on you or anything. Just wanted to clear that up. Holding a grudge over someone on a forum is sort of pointless. I respect your opinion on Reaver somewhat. Yes he isn't the greatest character that was ever created but out of the Fable games he's the one that, for some reason, I really like. Maybe its because he's a ******* and doesn't seem to care? And he's comical.

:]

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score

Ahahahah, no one voted for Thunder, poor thunder is not loved. :(

Well he was a total douchebag...

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Prince Louis;426459 said:
Just so you know Grim i'm not hating on you or anything. Just wanted to clear that up. Holding a grudge over someone on a forum is sort of pointless. I respect your opinion on Reaver somewhat. Yes he isn't the greatest character that was ever created but out of the Fable games he's the one that, for some reason, I really like. Maybe its because he's a ******* and doesn't seem to care? And he's comical.

:]

There are few who can earn and keep my hatred but it's rare. When I argue, I may lose my patience and start saying some fairly nasty stuff but I've always had a short temper so don't ever take it personally.

If you want to like Reaver, that's fine, I don't care. What I do care about is when people praise the schmuck or try to make him sound like he's this super amazing character who should get his own game.

That ****es me off to no end.

Terra_Zeta;426490 said:
Ahahahah, no one voted for Thunder, poor thunder is not loved. :(

Well he was a total douchebag...

Makes you wonder why no one likes him especially since he's basically a taller, blacker Reaver.

But seriously, I hated the hell out of Thunder and I killed Whisper in spite of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.