• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Feminist Sociologist's Great Idea"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score
Someone give me a discourage button. I want to use it on a couple of people. I promise to give the button back when I'm done.

Go ahead and dis me all u want, I am not a hatemongerer or a high horse rider, hell I know I am imperfect and I am lucky to be fully functional ater everything I went through, I could have broken my neck about 12 times through out my life but I am lucky that I didn't. I don't hate you john or anyone that has a disablity, I just don't like having to treat someone special and also treat them the same as everyone else, if u want me to focus on ur disability I will do that, but if u want me to treat u like everyone else I can do that to and also be curteous enough to know what is impossible and what is not. I have had family members that have lost their ability to move their lower half of their body and they made sure we didn't give them special treatment. Maybe that had to with them being stuborn or maybe it was the fact they wanted to be independent. And if anyone felt offended by this I mean no ill, I thought that I could voice my opinion and not be treated like I killed someone.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
To be fair, if a friend of mine fell over I'd laugh at them.
If a stranger fell over, disabled or not, it'd be a bit awkward for me.

I see your point though John and I agree completely.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Like a previous poster said about Margret Sanger, it would be terrible to have to go a class and hear this **** for the time and money spent on getting a degree. My problem with feminists, Handicaps, and Homosexuals, are that they wish for everyone to treat them the same but yet still get the perks of being different.
1) Feminism is absolutely ridiculous ideal presently due to the fact that women do have more power than men in court, they can get alimony while never contributing to the money pool of that marriage, they can get child support even though she may have found another person to raise the children by bypassing the loophole of not being married to her new boyfriend, and lastly they can accuse men of rape or sexual assault if they feel like it.

I agree that the bias has backflipped because of the who feminist revolution, but to make broad generalisations like that is just silly, and no one will take you seriously if you continue to do them.

2) Though i find no ill to people that have any type of disability, i do find ill on those that want others to treat them the same but still get the perks of being disabled. if someone doesn't want to be treated like a normal person, they can use the perks, but if someone wants to be treated like a normal person, they shouldn't use handicap spots or handicap doors and such (though they can still use elevators cause a wheelchair up a flight of stairs is impossible)

Those things aren't perks. They're not bonuses. It's not like, "Hey, you're disabled, have some movie tickets." They need those things to get around. It's not about putting them above able bodied people, it's about levelling it out.

3) My problem with gay community is the fact that they want to take a word that is and has always been a word from god which is marriage, to me they should get another word and still be able to get the same benefits including: pain, alimony, suffering, child support, and such (jk). The word Marriage is between "a man and a women" in the book of god homosexuality is a sin, so for the gay community to try and take that word is appalling. if i lived in California i would vote for prop 8 (or what ever the opposition is to gay marriage) but if they wanted civil unions i would be all for it.

And this is my problem with the whole "marriage is between a man and a woman" bullshit: Marriage is a civil union, and a religious one. It's blatant discrimination to deny them that right based solely on how they were born.

Aside from that, why should someone who doesn't believe in something (ie, they don't believe in Christianity) be forced to comply with laws written by people who do (but they're forced to comply with purely Christian laws)? That's both discrimination, as well as a blatant violation of the First Amendment.

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score
i understand from your perspective john, and that if you or anyone fell down i would help them up. i don't focus on their disabilities, it just sucks when you are trying to be nice and you get put down for it. i think after so many instances of trying to be nice and being treated like i am a total asshole for doing my job, i got angry. it makes my job hard to do with good customer service when they treat me like dirt whenever i try to be nice to everyone. i am not the type of person to think of their disability when i am helping them, but my job also hinders me, because the upper management is so worried about lawsuits when someone gets hurt. if someone has a cardiac arrest, we can't do anything other than call the paramedics, but we will get punished in the public eye for not doing anything. i am sorry that i offended anyone on this thread.

Edit: the "perk" comment, i should have chosen better words, i am sorry about that one.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
An exceedingly silly post. :D

It's funny because I apply to two of those three categories. Kudos if you can guess which ones.

Also: involving God (any god) in politics is a recipe for disaster. The whole gay vrs. marriage thing is old, and will probably never go away. But for the record, it's about equality. "But GOD SAYS--" No. Stop right there. That kind of talk has no place in when it comes to equal rights.

EDIT: Ok, after carefully looking over your post there are a few things that I can't let stand, I have decided to dissect said post carefully and scientifically. Emotions play no part in this. At all. Promise.

1) Feminism is absolutely ridiculous ideal presently due to the fact that women do have more power than men in court

Oh?

they can get alimony while never contributing to the money pool of that marriage,

That really has nothing to do with gender. If the woman was rich and the man was poor, he would get half. The same can be said for gay marriages as well.

they can get child support even though she mayave found another person to raise the children by bypassing the loophole

This is a tricky one, but in most cases if the ex-spouse has a certain income the other spouse does not have to pay child support.

lastly they can accuse men of rape or sexual assault if they feel like it.

Yes, they could. But only the crazies will do that, and who cares about them crazies, eh?*
*If you have been sexual assaulted/raped/are crazy please do not take offense and don't come murder me in my sleep. I have so much to live for! D:

2) Though i find no ill to people that have any type of disability, i do find ill on those that want others to treat them the same but still get the perks of being disabled. if someone doesn't want to be treated like a normal person, they can use the perks, but if someone wants to be treated like a normal person, they shouldn't use handicap spots or handicap doors and such (though they can still use elevators cause a wheelchair up a flight of stairs is impossible)

I hope you get hit by a car and survive just so you can experience what it's like. "Don't use the handicap spots." Are you ****ing serious? Are you really that ignorant and stupid?

3) My problem with gay community is the fact that they want to take a word that is and has always been a word from god which is marriage, to me they should get another word and still be able to get the same benefits including: pain, alimony, suffering, child support, and such (jk). The word Marriage is between "a man and a women" in the book of god homosexuality is a sin, so for the gay community to try and take that word is appalling. if i lived in California i would vote for prop 8 (or what ever the opposition is to gay marriage) but if they wanted civil unions i would be all for it.

Please refer to the beginning of my post.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Oh...your... god....

THERE IS NO LOCK THREAD FUNCTION!!!!!ONETWOTHREE!!!!!111

To the bomb shelters, people! This is what we trained for! No time for the elderly and the children, it's everyone for themselves!

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Oh...your... god....

THERE IS NO LOCK THREAD FUNCTION!!!!!ONETWOTHREE!!!!!111

To the bomb shelters, people! This is what we trained for! No time for the elderly and the children, it's everyone for themselves!

TO THE ESCAPE PODS!!!

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
lulz

It was just stupidly hidden. Stupid like a fox....

As my first official act on these brave and bold new lands, I hereby close this thread to avoid further drama! I'm not to keen to try out how the banning works just yet.

Engage locking apparatus!

03.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.