• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Finally Red Dead's Preorder Bonuses are released on Marketplace

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
For those of you that preordered the game all those many moons ago you would have enjoyed some little preorder bonuses along with it. Be it the War Horse (the strongest and fastest horse in the game), the Golden Gun Pack (which gets you more fame points for each kill) or Deadly Assassins outfit (which causes your Dead Eye meter to regenerate at twice the speed) but those who didnt preorder the game have waited an age for Rockstar to release them onto the marketplace but finally due to some technical hiccups its happened.
They will go on sale via Xbox Live (for 80 MS Points each) or PlayStation Network (for $.99 each) from tomorrow (12th April). They have apologised for the huge delay and promised the preorder bonuses for L.A. Noire will hit the marketplace much sooner after release for those that didnt preorder.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
Golden Gun pack is ****.
I just wanna look like a normal cowboy, but I started out with a golden cattleman revolver and a rifle.. not very cowboy-ish.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Yeah screw that crap. Good thing you get new guns rather quickly.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
I love that it's only 80 points. That makes me SOOO happy.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
That's stupid. It's not a preorder bonus if you just release it later.

lrn2dlc, rockstar.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
That's stupid. It's not a preorder bonus if you just release it later.

lrn2dlc, rockstar.

Most companies are doing this now and releasing them further down the line.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
And they shouldn't be.

Why not? People would preorder it anyways. Kinda unfair if you can only get one of the three preorder bonuses by preordering at select stores, even if they are very minor things.

Also, I got the Deadly Assassin outfit when I bought the game and I didn't even preorder. :D

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Why not? People would preorder it anyways. Kinda unfair if you can only get one of the three preorder bonuses by preordering at select stores, even if they are very minor things.

Also, I got the Deadly Assassin outfit when I bought the game and I didn't even preorder. :D

How is it unfair? You preordered, put money down on it before anyone else did, put faith in the product before it was even released and a company chose to give you a little something extra for it.

It's like saying "oh we don't really care that much" when you release that little reward that preorder(ers?) got for... preordering... Horrible sentence is horrible but I think you get my point.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
How is it unfair? You preordered, put money down on it before anyone else did, put faith in the product before it was even released and a company chose to give you a little something extra for it.

It's like saying "oh we don't really care that much" when you release that little reward that preorder(ers?) got for... preordering... Horrible sentence is horrible but I think you get my point.

I see your point, but people would still preorder the game anyways, and they get a little treat early for it. I don't see much wrong with releasing it later down the road. And those who preordered it probably won't care for the most part, and Rockstar makes moar munz.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

I agree with you totally i think its to keep the bitching and moaning by others months after release who buy the game on the cheap and still want the bonuses quiet. I preordered both L.A. Noire and Battlefield 3 and both come with bonuses but i know L.A. Noires bonuses are going to hit marketplace afterwards and id imagine Battlefield 3's will also.

I see your point, but people would still preorder the game anyways, and they get a little treat early for it. I don't see much wrong with releasing it later down the road. And those who preordered it probably won't care for the most part, and Rockstar makes moar munz.

I can also see your point as most people who preordered the game have got the use out of the items and dont really care that the other players now have access to it. We had it for a long time before they did and it was an early treat. Would only bug me if companies started doing this early in the games lifespan. As it would make the 'bonus' for preordering it not worth paying full price for and might as well wait for a price drop and get bonuses shortly after on marketplace then.