• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Harry Potter things

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
the series is a classic. it's sad that some people will grow up equating it to twilight or just plain hating on fans of the series. it got the world reading books again, and was huge to so many kids, teens, and adults. even my granddad read the books when he heard about them and he loves harry potter with the best of them.

To be fair, the fans of Harry Potter are the worst part. The midnight premier I went to was full of people applauding and laughing at the stupidest parts. Often over actual dialogue.

i don't see how you could complain of the movies turning into more action oriented/romantic/darker. it's exactly what the books did, after all. the characters get older, the dangers become greater, and they start learning to master their hormones. not to mention characters getting killed off... the three main actors aside, a lot of the adult actors are very practiced in darker movies

that's right, you didn't. shame on you.

It made perfect sense for J.K. to change the tone. It would have been weird if she hadn't. I'm just not sure her writing of those subplots was up to scratch. I didn't get any sense that Harry was attracted to Ginny at all in the first five books, but in the sixth she just suddenly pairs them off.

There are many, but the Fine Bros point out the most glaring ones: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3AdfZ346wg

Major spoilers for... everything. o-o

Eh, the movies aren't cannon. The biggest plothole from the books is the point of the Triwizard Tournament, but aside from that, there's not a whole lot that's out of place.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
just saw it, good stuff. a girl behind me and 2 ppl to my right cryed

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
just saw it, good stuff. a girl behind me and 2 ppl to my right cryed

I know what you mean man, I almost cried when one of the twins died (forget which one).

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
I ignored all the stuff the missed out/needlessly added in when watching it and with those aside, it was a great film. However, it got ruined in one of the final scenes.

[Spoilers] It was something I couldn't overlook:( You know when Harry (in the book) uses the elder wand to fix his own original one, and you get a sense that everything is being tied up? In the film he just snaps it up and throws it off a huge bridge, leaving it to suggest that Harry doesn't have a wand any more. That was a very very key thing in the book I think, which they were pretty idiotic to miss out. [/Spoilers]

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I ignored all the stuff the missed out/needlessly added in when watching it and with those aside, it was a great film. However, it got ruined in one of the final scenes.

[Spoilers] It was something I couldn't overlook:( You know when Harry (in the book) uses the elder wand to fix his own original one, and you get a sense that everything is being tied up? In the film he just snaps it up and throws it off a huge bridge, leaving it to suggest that Harry doesn't have a wand any more. That was a very very key thing in the book I think, which they were pretty idiotic to miss out. [/Spoilers]

Yeah I have no idea why they changed that scene. It doesn't make any sense.

Also: apparantly Harry gets a job as an Auror (basically a wizarding cop) after the whole deal is over. Am I the only one that thinks that that doesn't make sense? And Hermione is some kind of lawyer. WTF? The Ministry was basically a secondary antagonist for the whole series. Why would they join it?

I think the perfect role for Harry after everything is done would have been the new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher, especially after all the Dumbledore's Army stuff where he basically did that job. Am I the only one who thinks JK missed it with that one?

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
I didn't get any sense that Harry was attracted to Ginny at all in the first five books, but in the sixth she just suddenly pairs them off.

Hated that, Ginny was barely a main character for me. Hardly noticed her....She just seemed like the meek quiet little sister of one of the main characters. Then all of a sudden, when things aren't working out for harry with other girls, Ginny's Magically there and Magically they're both Interested in eachother, when he barely gave her the time of day. One of my Biggest Harry Potter Peeves. Plus, I'm not too fond of the actress who plays her. Either way....

Harry Potter Still = Win. :D

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score
I have never really enjoyed Harry potter, it always felt somewhat overly child like, like it was a book aimed at very young children. Sure as a child I enjoyed it but as I grew up a little I just found the whole thing kinda boring, which is strange to consider when I absolutely adore the lord of the rings, in my humble opinion, the hobbit is far superior to every harry potter book every written, that is my say and I bid you a good day.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
I have never really enjoyed Harry potter, it always felt somewhat overly child like, like it was a book aimed at very young children. Sure as a child I enjoyed it but as I grew up a little I just found the whole thing kinda boring, which is strange to consider when I absolutely adore the lord of the rings, in my humble opinion, the hobbit is far superior to every harry potter book every written, that is my say and I bid you a good day.

O rly

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Harry should've hooked up with Hermonie.

Because I sorta identified with Harry in the books, and I sorta wanted to hook up with her, y'know?

Damn you Ron, you ginger bastard!

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Because I sorta identified with Harry in the books, and I sorta wanted to hook up with her, y'know?

Damn you Ron, you ginger bastard!

See I disagree. Ron and Hermione being attracted to each other was something that actually was present from about the fourth book I think. It built up and made sense when it finally happened, as opposed to Harry and Ginny which was more like: "Oh, we're madly in love all of a sudden."

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
You disagree with me identifying with Harry and wanting to hook up with Hermonie...? That's not really something one can disagree with, really...

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
You disagree with me identifying with Harry and wanting to hook up with Hermonie...? That's not really something one can disagree with, really...

I'm not saying you were wrong, I'm just saying I don't see it.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Before or after you saw the movies?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
First four movies: HOLY **** THIS IS F***ING AWESOME
The rest: This is uh... good. I guess.
Final movie: HOLY **** THIS IS SOMEWHAT AWESOME