• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Hurry up and buy 90% of the game!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
"Hurry up and buy 90% of the game!"

Does anyone else think it is weird that Lionhead us making SO many special offers due to pre-order, special edition, etc etc...

I mean, it is nice for collectors and all, but how much stuff am I going to have to get to actually have the entire game?

Me? Or anyone else notice this?

Lynne

Reaction score
Re: "Hurry up and buy 90% of the game!"

I think everyone complaining over this is silly. You can buy it a little at a time, or just buy the game itself and wait till everything else goes on sale. Or don't buy it at all. Every franchise does all it can to capitalize on it's popularity. Many other games do it. Especially the popular ones. There are lunchboxes and books annd toys and t-shirts and bookmarks and branded grocery items. That's how it works. Nobody is requiring ANYONE to fork over any money they don't want to. If you want to be a completionist, that's your problem, good for Lionhead.

Overan

Reaction score

We notice, but we do not want to admit to ourselves we bought all this stuff we do not need.

I admit I have already spent $130+ dollars on Fable 3 and it feels bad saying it.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

Here's what I'll do:

Pre-order Fable III: LCE and Fable: The Balverine Order from Amazon so I get Villager Maker.

Buy the CE Controller for Xmas

Buy the pre-order Tattoos and Weapons from people here.

That's all right? I'd be dissapointed if they make a "special edition 360"...

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

From what I've read on the forums, a few people are upset. However, those who are complaining also seem to be the ones buying all the extra content, which encourages game makers to do this kind of stuff.

I personally don't care. I was happy enough in Fable II without the DLC and I'm fine right now with my pre-order sword (although I didn't pre-order because of the sword, I found out about it after I'd already been to Gamestop).

I can understand people being upset that they have to pay so much money to get everything in the game, but you don't HAVE to buy all of the extra stuff. The reason for it is so that people that actually want to pay for more can get more. It's not like there's some secret award that you get for buying everything that you can for the game.

Overan

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;418734 said:
Here's what I'll do:

Pre-order Fable III: LCE and Fable: The Balverine Order from Amazon so I get Villager Maker.

Buy the CE Controller for Xmas

Buy the pre-order Tattoos and Weapons from people here.

That's all right? I'd be dissapointed if they make a "special edition 360"...

You forgot about the collectors strategy guide it should have an art book like Fable II's

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

It's bull**** that they intentionally withold content that is ready at the time of release. There should be regulations for pulling this ****.

Hillbilly88

Reaction score

Meh it doesnt bother me that much because almost nothing ever included in the 'speacial bonus limited' edition of any game is worth the extra money, i mean hals stuff in fable 2 looked neat i guess but was pretty much worthless, im not that worried about missing a few things i dont care about anyway and am not going to shell out extra money for

Overan

Reaction score

Fable stuff we can buy right now,

Game Itself; standard or collectors, if pre-ordered extra quest,
and depending where you ordered,reaver's sword and tattoo, Hammer's hammer and tattoo or nothing

Strategy Guide; standard or collectors

Fable Novel The Balverine Order, with its game additions

Fable Controller, with an extra in-game tattoo

Yeah it is a little out of hand for 2 months before the release and who knows what will come after its release

pkreniles

Reaction score

so other then the fable 3 collectors eddition what else is there to buy

pkreniles

Reaction score

can some one give me a link to were i can buy the controlor

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Blestb;418739 said:
It's bull**** that they intentionally withold content that is ready at the time of release. There should be regulations for pulling this ****.

Agreed! But hell, since when did businesses have morals, eh? We know they pull **** like this all the time. It's not that we want to encourage their behavior or spend all that money but we don't want to miss out on all the content either.

Look at the Limited Edition copy... you miss out on an entire REGION if you don't buy it. You also miss out on a quest. Everything else isn't entirely necessary but it does help when you like to collect things.

Overan

Reaction score

I only purchased the Collectors Fable 3 and the collectors strategy guide(that artbook had best be amazing) and because of that I recieve Reaver's sword other than that I am not buying a single Fable item until after I playthrough.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Overan;418755 said:
I only purchased the Collectors Fable 3 and the collectors strategy guide(that artbook had best be amazing) and because of that I recieve Reaver's sword other than that I am not buying a single Fable item until after I playthrough.

You know, aside from all that you listed, there's also all the DLC content they'll inevitably release. It's rumored that the first one will be free but I think we know how long it'll take before they change their minds on that one.

pkreniles

Reaction score

can some onegive me a link to things u can buy for the game please

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418753 said:
Agreed! But hell, since when did businesses have morals, eh? We know they pull **** like this all the time. It's not that we want to encourage their behavior or spend all that money but we don't want to miss out on all the content either.

Look at the Limited Edition copy... you miss out on an entire REGION if you don't buy it. You also miss out on a quest. Everything else isn't entirely necessary but it does help when you like to collect things.

Actually, the tattoos from the pre-order bonuses make 2 quests available in Aurora, 1 for each...

GrimWhim

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;418766 said:
Actually, the tattoos from the pre-order bonuses make 2 quests available in Aurora, 1 for each...

Really? Well, that just further proves my point. You either pay for it all to get the complete game or you miss out on a good chunk of content. It's lame.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418768 said:
Really? Well, that just further proves my point. You either pay for it all to get the complete game or you miss out on a good chunk of content. It's lame.

My guess is that those, the controller's and the book's one CAN be traded online, but I wouldn't be so sure about the ones in the LCE

GrimWhim

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;418770 said:
My guess is that those, the controller's and the book's one CAN be traded online, but I wouldn't be so sure about the ones in the LCE

I don't know about that. They wouldn't make too much money if we could just trade the items. The content in the Limited Edition will more than likely only be available to those who bought it. I say that based on what they did with the Fable II LE.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418772 said:
I don't know about that. They wouldn't make too much money if we could just trade the items. The content in the Limited Edition will more than likely only be available to those who bought it. I say that based on what they did with the Fable II LE.
The Wreckager was tradeable, so that gives us a tiny bit of hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.