• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Hurry up and buy 90% of the game!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimWhim

Reaction score
Re: "Hurry up and buy 90% of the game!"

The Tyrant Lord;418776 said:
The Wreckager was tradeable, so that gives us a tiny bit of hope.

The Wreckager? What was that?

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418777 said:
The Wreckager? What was that?

A Legendary Cutlass, available only in the LCE, that had the peculiar ability to be traded.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;418778 said:
A Legendary Cutlass, available only in the LCE, that had the peculiar ability to be traded.

Ah, I see. I should try and get that from someone. Not because I want to use it but because I enjoyed collecting legendary weapons.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418781 said:
Ah, I see. I should try and get that from someone. Not because I want to use it but because I enjoyed collecting legendary weapons.
My Trader-sense is tingling, check your PMs

GrimWhim

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;418782 said:
My Trader-sense is tingling, check your PMs

That's a little... disturbing.

I am but I don't see any PMs.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

GrimWhim;418783 said:
That's a little... disturbing.

I am but I don't see any PMs.

I'm sorry, something came up...

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

I believe that the full game is the normal, retail copy that you can buy off at any store you like. Everything else, pre-order bonuses, collectors and such things are marketing pluses, they are just additions to the game experience, which are ridiculous.

OpenWorldExplorer

Reaction score

DarkONI;418928 said:
I believe that the full game is the normal, retail copy that you can buy off at any store you like. Everything else, pre-order bonuses, collectors and such things are marketing pluses, they are just additions to the game experience, which are ridiculous.

I agree, except for the part about them being ridiculous. I look at like the extra stuff is available for those who want it, but it isn't being forced (at extra cost) upon those who don't, like Hillbilly88 said.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Lynne;418729 said:
I think everyone complaining over this is silly. You can buy it a little at a time, or just buy the game itself and wait till everything else goes on sale. Or don't buy it at all. Every franchise does all it can to capitalize on it's popularity. Many other games do it. Especially the popular ones. There are lunchboxes and books annd toys and t-shirts and bookmarks and branded grocery items. That's how it works. Nobody is requiring ANYONE to fork over any money they don't want to. If you want to be a completionist, that's your problem, good for Lionhead.
All the collectable items aren't the problem.
It's that they include in-game goodies with these items, so you won't get the full experience of Fable III even if you buy the limited edition.

and THAT is not a silly thing to complain about.

I love those guys, but they can go f*ck them selves for doing this!

GrimWhim

Reaction score

SimonKalevra;419035 said:
All the collectable items aren't the problem.
It's that they include in-game goodies with these items, so you won't get the full experience of Fable III even if you buy the limited edition.

and THAT is not a silly thing to complain about.

I love those guys, but they can go f*ck them selves for doing this!

Exactly. I don't really care about having a Limited Edition copy of the game or buying a fancy new controller. It's the fact that they're basically ripping out content and forcing us to buy all this extra **** just to get the full experience that really ****es us off.

That leaves us with two choices.

A.) You buy all the collectible stuff, pre-order the game and get all the content that the game should already have in it. However, in doing so you basically tell Lionhead it's okay to continue ripping their fans off.

or

B.) You don't anything but the normal version of Fable III and miss out on several new quests, numerous items including swords, tattoos, etc. In doing so you retain your pride but end up having a half-assed version of the game.

Knifeboy

Reaction score

I really don't think the extra content is very important, sure its giving a few more weapons, some tattoos and a couple quests but these arn't major changes to the game. Sure it might be cool to be able to say you have all the fable 3 stuff but that's about it, the actual extra content will be trifle compared to the game everyone else is going to get.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Knifeboy;419117 said:
I really don't think the extra content is very important, sure its giving a few more weapons, some tattoos and a couple quests but these arn't major changes to the game. Sure it might be cool to be able to say you have all the fable 3 stuff but that's about it, the actual extra content will be trifle compared to the game everyone else is going to get.

Then I would have to say you really have no idea what "extra content" really is. You miss out on an entire REGION if you don't buy the LE copy. That doesn't include the extra quests, extra outfits, extra dog breed and everything else.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

GrimWhim;419118 said:
Then I would have to say you really have no idea what "extra content" really is. You miss out on an entire REGION if you don't buy the LE copy. That doesn't include the extra quests, extra outfits, extra dog breed and everything else.
What he said ^_^

I didn't buy the LE for Fable II, and I'm still feeling blue.
Especially when in the DLC, Knothole Island, you got Master Chief's gun!
I missed out on going around dressed as a Spartan with a covenant energy sword and a battle rifle while I save Albion by doing nothing, cause Reaver shot Lucien!

DAMN IT!

That won't happen again - ever
(cause Fable II won't be released again)

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

Since everybody has internet access, I've realized that many developers are using the marketplace to earn an extra bucks. Some games even remove content just so they can make people pay extra for DLC (AC2 DLC was originally meant to be in the game). Of course, after 5 months ~ 2 years, they always release a newer version, whether it be Game of The Year or Complete Edition. Except for the bonuses that more often doesn't than does affect gameplay (pre-order ODST to play as Sgt. Johnson!), complete editions come out with the extra stuff (Fable II: Knothole Island and See The Future). Really, I only consider anything that has an achievement as content. I don't really care for Reaver's Sword or Hammer's... hammer.

Actually, Bungie is probably the only developer I know that doesn't enjoy making people feel stupid for buying the game first. Rather than releasing a new version with all the extra content, they release it separately (Halo 3, Halo: ODST which comes with Multiplayer disc).

Lynne

Reaction score

You can always just finish the game and then when you're done and it's all over and you're bored again then you can buy the other things with the additional quests and such that you'll have for your second play-through? I mean you don't have to buy it all at once. It'll eventually lower in price too.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Lynne;419290 said:
You can always just finish the game and then when you're done and it's all over and you're bored again then you can buy the other things with the additional quests and such that you'll have for your second play-through? I mean you don't have to buy it all at once. It'll eventually lower in price too.

They call them "Limited Edition" and "pre-order" bonuses for a reason. We don't expect a causal to understand so it's best not to worry too much about it.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Smells like fish in here.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Stranger;419307 said:
Right, because casual gamers are lesser people and as such are not worthy of a full game. Got it.

You may want to go back and reread what I posted rather than get your panties in a knot. I simple stated that a casual wouldn't understand (pay close attention to the word in italics) why a gamer would want all of the content rather than just bits and pieces.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Firis;419308 said:
Smells like fish in here, must be a c*nt around.

Close your legs, the smell will go away.

(Apologies for the double post.)

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

GrimWhim;419314 said:
(Apologies for the double post.)

It's called an
editkj.gif
button.

Status
Not open for further replies.