• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Hurry up and buy 90% of the game!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimWhim

Reaction score
Re: "Hurry up and buy 90% of the game!"

Necromancer11;419316 said:
It's called an
editkj.gif
button.

I like how you've gone from being a pest in one thread to stalking me and harassing me in another. Kudos to you man.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

You think just because I view threads that you're participating in means that I'm stalking and harassing you? Don't flatter yourself.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Stranger;419318 said:
Is this what it's like when I get upset? If so, I swear I'll stop.It's not such a large forum that you'll only encounter people once a week and only in specific threads. The rules say that double-posting isn't allowed, that means you should use the edit button. He wasn't being rude and he didn't say anything like "use the edit button, n00b" - Necro was being kind. So kudos to you for making it difficult for anyone to be nice to you.

Oh yeah, that's exactly why he was doing it. I wouldn't have to double post either if we were able to delete our posts.

Necromancer11;419319 said:
You think just because I view threads that you're participating in means that I'm stalking and harassing you? Don't flatter yourself.

You can view them but when you start singling me out (again), you're pretty much labeled a stalker.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I tell everyone I see double posting to use the edit button. Get over yourself.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

GrimWhim;419305 said:
They call them "Limited Edition" and "pre-order" bonuses for a reason. We don't expect a causal to understand so it's best not to worry too much about it.

Yes, usually casual gamers don't pay attention to most of what a game has. However, there are many casual gamers that understand and seek further into a certain game if they like it, your statement is a bit aggressive towards casual gamers.

GrimWhim;419312 said:
You may want to go back and reread what I posted rather than get your panties in a knot. I simple stated that a casual wouldn't understand (pay close attention to the word in italics) why a gamer would want all of the content rather than just bits and pieces.

I believe Stranger is reffering to the way that you shared your opinion, I don't want to judge or anything however it sounds a bit rude for casual gamers in general.

GrimWhim;419314 said:
Close your legs, the smell will go away.

(Apologies for the double post.)
I don't see why you have to be rude towards the other forum member. I don't want to sound like a judge, again, but you shouldn't have said that towards the other member.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

DarkONI;419507 said:
I don't see why you have to be rude towards the other forum member. I don't want to sound like a judge, again, but you shouldn't have said that towards the other member.
Oh c'mon! the guy's just messing around :p
If he had posted a cute smiley face after the sentence it would have been a different story ;)

Like this!:

You are one smelly tuna eating turd sandwich + ^_^
(note that it is in no way specified towards anyone, but the turd sandwich itself)

You can even breake up with your girlfriend using a smiley face, and she won't believe you - like:

You: I hate you, please go away :)

Her: Haha, very funny, cuddles :p

You: No, I'm serious GTFO :lol:

Her: okay, I'll bring cookies, get ready for a HOT night :wub:

But seriously, I'll be King Turd of Sh!t Mountain before I buy other items to get the in-game goodies.

Hillbilly88

Reaction score

Limited content is not that good, its really only for harcore players that are addicted to the series to get that extra 1/2% of gameplay if you want it youll shell out the money.
I guarantee that whatever little side quests they have will be less than 20mins of gameplay, very little in the way of weaps or clothing, and not be worth the money to anyone who isnt a hardcore fan. people have been b*tching about this for years and the sad fact is it isnt going away its just the nature of the beast everyone needs money and this is a great way for them to make it.
If it REALLY bothers you that you are missing out on whatever little quest then shut up and shell out the money and take the 15 dollar hit to your wallet, youll be happier to spend to money and enjoy the 'full' game
if you dont want to spend the money to get the extra content then dont b*tch about not getting it because you had the chance
should they have put it all into one game and only charged 60 bucks for it? Yes. but they didnt and theres nothing anyone can do about it MUHAHAHAHA

Knifeboy

Reaction score

+repVery good point Hillbilly.:D

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Hillbilly88;419731 said:
Limited content is not that good, its really only for harcore players that are addicted to the series to get that extra 1/2% of gameplay if you want it youll shell out the money.
I guarantee that whatever little side quests they have will be less than 20mins of gameplay, very little in the way of weaps or clothing, and not be worth the money to anyone who isnt a hardcore fan. people have been b*tching about this for years and the sad fact is it isnt going away its just the nature of the beast everyone needs money and this is a great way for them to make it.
If it REALLY bothers you that you are missing out on whatever little quest then shut up and shell out the money and take the 15 dollar hit to your wallet, youll be happier to spend to money and enjoy the 'full' game
if you dont want to spend the money to get the extra content then dont b*tch about not getting it because you had the chance
should they have put it all into one game and only charged 60 bucks for it? Yes. but they didnt and theres nothing anyone can do about it MUHAHAHAHA
The Limited Edition isn't the problem here, I agree that whoever buys that would most likely be a hardcore gamer, and that 15$ isn't much of a deal - at least not compared to:

69,98$ EXTRA for the game...
9,99$ for the book, to get an exclusive sword
59,99$ for the controller to get an exclusive tattoo

THAT is what this thread is about, and I think it's too greedy - even for Microsoft!

Limited Edition is old news, and no one is complaining about that...

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

SimonKalevra;419781 said:
Limited Edition is old news, and no one is complaining about that...

I have shared my opinion about Limited Editions of video games many times, there's no need to complain about a certain edition of the game.

However, such editions in my opinion aren't that much of an addition, 15$-25$ is like a big deal to me. Of course, I can give that money but why? I can get the same game for less money, of course I'll have the same experience as someone that purchased the not so limited edition.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

DarkONI;419785 said:
I have shared my opinion about Limited Editions of video games many times, there's no need to complain about a certain edition of the game.

However, such editions in my opinion aren't that much of an addition, 15$-25$ is like a big deal to me. Of course, I can give that money but why? I can get the same game for less money, of course I'll have the same experience as someone that purchased the not so limited edition.
Riiight, that like wasn't my point at all.
Have a chat with the hill billy boy, he says 15$ is no big deal, go on Fetch! :lol:

Hillbilly88

Reaction score

if fifteen dollars is gonna put you in the poor house then you shouldnt be buying the game to begin with, no offense to anyone
and besides you dont really need the book or the extra controller, if you do just wait a month or two and get it when its dirt cheap, they still have the legendary edition of halo 3 at my gamestop so its unlikely you wont be able to find them later
and like i said if 15$ is a big deal DONT buy it no one is forcing you to and everyone acts like they will be missing hours of content, im pretty sure you wont be, could be wrong but i doubt its more than a couple items and 30mins of gameplay

GrimWhim

Reaction score

DarkONI;419507 said:
Yes, usually casual gamers don't pay attention to most of what a game has. However, there are many casual gamers that understand and seek further into a certain game if they like it, your statement is a bit aggressive towards casual gamers.

I don't like casual gamers. Simple as that.

I believe Stranger is reffering to the way that you shared your opinion, I don't want to judge or anything however it sounds a bit rude for casual gamers in general.

Once again, I don't like casual gamers.

He insults me and I have every right to insult him back.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Hillbilly88;419856 said:
if fifteen dollars is gonna put you in the poor house then you shouldnt be buying the game to begin with, no offense to anyone
and besides you dont really need the book or the extra controller, if you do just wait a month or two and get it when its dirt cheap, they still have the legendary edition of halo 3 at my gamestop so its unlikely you wont be able to find them later
and like i said if 15$ is a big deal DONT buy it no one is forcing you to and everyone acts like they will be missing hours of content, im pretty sure you wont be, could be wrong but i doubt its more than a couple items and 30mins of gameplay
You are missing the point dude.
I don't WANT or NEED the controller or book, I want the ingame stuff. But I'm not gonna go buy a book or an extra controller to get it.
Which means I will be missing out on something.
It may not mean anything to you, BillyBoy, but it does to me.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

SimonKalevra;419873 said:
You are missing the point dude.
I don't WANT or NEED the controller or book, I want the ingame stuff. But I'm not gonna go buy a book or an extra controller to get it.
Which means I will be missing out on something.
It may not mean anything to you, BillyBoy, but it does to me.

Agreed... except the part about the controller. I actually love the design but I'm not rich enough to blow $50 on another controller. I mean, I could because I'm one short of having four but I don't know... I think that money would be better spent in getting Halo Reach or Red Dead Redemption.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

That controller is an exquisite jewel. If it came out in the UK i'd buy the little ******* right up.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Yeah it looks good, but I already have four, so I won't get it anyway :p

Lynne

Reaction score

GrimWhim;419305 said:
They call them "Limited Edition" and "pre-order" bonuses for a reason. We don't expect a causal to understand so it's best not to worry too much about it.

Wow, you are even more of a giant douchebag than I thought. I understand completely why you would want some of these items. Just because I'm a casual gamer doesn't mean I'm not intelligent enough to understand things like that. It simply means that I'm 28, with a college degree, a full time job, a boyfriend, bills to pay, and enough family and friends to constitue some kind of social life, and entirely too busy to give too much of a damn about how much extra stuff for a game costs, or to spend my entire day *****ing about it.

Every thread you are in, you are being a total asshole to someone. It's only a matter of time before you go too far and get yourself banned. I'd tone it down a few notches, if I were you.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Lynne;420017 said:
Wow, you are even more of a giant douchebag than I thought. I understand completely why you would want some of these items. Just because I'm a casual gamer doesn't mean I'm not intelligent enough to understand things like that. It simply means that I'm 28, with a college degree, a full time job, a boyfriend, bills to pay, and enough family and friends to constitue some kind of social life, and entirely too busy to give too much of a damn about how much extra stuff for a game costs, or to spend my entire day *****ing about it.

Every thread you are in, you are being a total asshole to someone. It's only a matter of time before you go too far and get yourself banned. I'd tone it down a few notches, if I were you.

What I said had nothing to do with intelligence. Exactly, you have no idea what it's like to be a poor gamer who actually gives a damn about the quality of a game. You just want something to pass the time and because of that, game developers have realized your kind will gladly pay out the pass for anything they put together.

If you think I'm an asshole, that's fine but I'm not doing anything to warrant a suspension or a ban. However, telling me what to do as if I were a child only earns my hatred and as of now, I have no intention of showing you respect, playing nice or anything of the sort. Whether you care or not is irrelevant but if it makes you feel better, feel free to say you don't.

Lynne

Reaction score

GrimWhim;420031 said:
What I said had nothing to do with intelligence. Exactly, you have no idea what it's like to be a poor gamer who actually gives a damn about the quality of a game. You just want something to pass the time and because of that, game developers have realized your kind will gladly pay out the pass for anything they put together.

If you think I'm an asshole, that's fine but I'm not doing anything to warrant a suspension or a ban. However, telling me what to do as if I were a child only earns my hatred and as of now, I have no intention of showing you respect, playing nice or anything of the sort. Whether you care or not is irrelevant but if it makes you feel better, feel free to say you don't.

Obviously, since I frequent this forum, even if it is usually as a lurker, I think that means exactly the opposite. That I DO care, even as a casual gamer, for the quality of the game, and will gladly pay good money for a quality game. We don't know that Fable III isn't a quality game. We don't know that it's not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.