• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is it possible to Marry yourself?

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I find this thread to be terrifying for many, many reasons.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
What if you were a person a la Identity with more than one personality? Could you get married then?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
This is a 100% legitimate question. Is it possible? if so, what if you wanted a divorce? If you marry someone else is it bigamy? :wat:

"So I'll take the car and half our savings; the other half will be mine. And I get to keep the dog!"

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Apparently, you can.

See ya, guys. I've got a wedding to plan!

That's no real answer though; it is from a Christian website from what I can tell. It doesn't answer it other than "The Bible says...".

Plus, it supports Rick Santorum.

Rick. Santorum.

/facepalm.

It doesn't answer the paradoxical issue of marriage being a union. You can marry something else, anything else apparently. However, how can you marry yourself? There is just you, the one. You can't join with yourself in holy matrimony.

It is like a race with just one car. Is it really a race then?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
That's no real answer though; it is from a Christian website from what I can tell. It doesn't answer it other than "The Bible says...".

Y'know, Tsuyu, I don't really care if it's a Christian website and it shouldn't matter. I'm not entirely sure what form of point you're trying to make that disproves that you can marry yourself just because my source comes from a Christian website, which I innocently found via google. Christian Marriage is a legitimate form of marriage, it's not within my beliefs but the law says it is.

Rick. Santorum.

/facepalm.

I'll admit, I don't like the guy. But I don't think he's ever openly spoken out about self-marriage.
It doesn't answer the paradoxical issue of marriage being a union. You can marry something else, anything else apparently. However, how can you marry yourself? There is just you, the one. You can't join with yourself in holy matrimony.

Like I said before, apparently, you can marry yourself. I don't think it's worth worrying about the logical side of things. It just is.

Ever heard of a time trial?:troll:

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Sologamy

It's real...like, for real real. But not legally binding in many places.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Rick. Santorum.

/facepalm.

Just read around the site some more. Gave me a good bunch of laughs. "Keep fighting the good fight of faith!"

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Y'know, Tsuyu, I don't really care if it's a Christian website and it shouldn't matter. I'm not entirely sure what form of point you're trying to make that disproves that you can marry yourself just because my source comes from a Christian website, which I innocently found via google. Christian Marriage is a legitimate form of marriage, it's not within my beliefs but the law says it is.

My point - my only point here - is that the website only answers the question whether or not it is a-okay from the perspective of Christianity. I'm not trying to disprove anything, I am saying that the implications of whether or not self-marriage is technically possible goes far beyond whether or not the big guy upstairs says so.

I'll admit, I don't like the guy. But I don't think he's ever openly spoken out about self-marriage.

Anyone who supports that douchebag are the worst kind of Christians, the openly gay-bashing sort. I only pointed it out because in my eyes, any person who publicly voices support of him loses any and all credibility.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My point - my only point here - is that the website only answers the question whether or not it is a-okay from the perspective of Christianity. I'm not trying to disprove anything, I am saying that the implications of whether or not self-marriage is technically possible goes far beyond whether or not the big guy upstairs says so.

Like I said, Christian marriage is legal marriage, and that's good enough for me.
Anyone who supports that douchebag are the worst kind of Christians, the openly gay-bashing sort. I only pointed it out because in my eyes, any person who publicly voices support of him loses any and all credibility.

I agree with the first part, but to say that they lose any and all credibility is a little unfair, to be honest.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
The bond you have with yourself is stronger than marriage, in essence one could say you are already married to yourself because it is your body (and if you believe in it) soul.

Marrying yourself in some grand ceremony is pointless and narcissistic since the person you already share the closest bond with is yourself by default.

And yeah, maybe not all credibility. But at the very least their opinion on marriage.