• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

issue opening albion explorer

DarkRage

Choose your fortune
Reaction score
issue opening albion explorer

issues.jpg

btw
I didnt downloaded the TurboUpload- TNG editor because the link is broken

DarkRage

Choose your fortune
Reaction score
Re: issue opening albion explorer

JohnDoe;320125 said:
I'll assume two things.
One, you either don't have all of the AE prerequisites or you're using the old version of AE.
Two, you didn't use FreeRoam.

Get this and run it.
Get this and use the instructions on that page. It's worth emphasizing - dump in the data folder.

Then try running AE.

If it still doesn't work, what version of AE do you have?
Was it zipped? Get the installer. It's older and has less functionality but works better for some people.
Was it the installer? Get the zipped version. It has new functionality and many of the bugs have been worked out.

To this day it's still a mystery to me as to why this is, but it just so happens that one version of AE will work for some while others need to use the other.

Edit:
I should also mention that BayStone, author of AE, has abandoned all work on AE and started development on ChocolateBox. He recommends to everyone that they use CBox instead.
I dont know what ver it is but i can tell I downloaded it here
http://forums.projectego.net/spawning-chests-1771/
and that freeroam isnt helping

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Chocolate box?

DarkRage

Choose your fortune
Reaction score

JohnDoe;320251 said:
Well, let's go through the basic stuff here. What's the problem with FreeRoam? Any errors? Did you follow the instructions? Did you follow the instructions correctly?

And AE, you have the zipped version. Try the installer version. It's older, has less functionality, but will work just fine.

Also, as a note of interest regarding your first post, what TNG editor are you talking about? TNG Parser? TNG Tool? There are a lot of things that edit tngs, TNG Parser and TNG Tool are somewhere between Notepad and AE, with much less functionality.ChocolateBox. ;)
It's BayStone's 3D TNG editor.
aww, the one u gave me now didnt worked either =[
issu2e.jpg

"couldnt locate <FinalAlbion>

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

JohnDoe;320251 said:
.ChocolateBox. ;)
It's BayStone's 3D TNG editor.

That's the most amazing thing I've ever seen..ARGH !! I want to mod again. that would make tng editing so much easier for me..*weeps*

N

Nekaku

It keeps telling me (I go to the Lookoutpoint one) Guildexterior, Lookoutpoint filler 01 and 05, picnicarea filler 02, Greatwood filler 04, picnicarea filler 03, Lookout point filler 06 and 07 isn't there.

DarkRage

Choose your fortune
Reaction score

JohnDoe;320280 said:
Assuming you mean TNG editor, I meant this:The AE packages are hosted on-site at FableTLCMod, so anything hosted off-site means it's most likely not AE. So I'm a little curious about what you mean by TNG editor if it's not AE.Then there's something wrong. You either don't have the prerequisites or you don't have the right modding environment.

The latest AE (the one linked to in §ephi's thread) has functionality to dump the FinalAlbion.wad, but it can be buggy for some and won't work. Usually, installing the MVSC++ 2005 SP1 runtimes (I already linked to this) in addition to the standard .NET Framework 2.0 (get the latest .NET Framework instead, it has all of the older ones included), is enough for either version of AE to work seamlessly.
Still, some people have problems and either need to switch from one AE to the other (don't know why this works) or dump the FinalAlbion.wad manually using FreeRoam to skip that step in AE which, as said before, is sometimes buggy for some people (I don't know why that is).

Somewhere here, there is user error. Identifying and correcting that error won't happen unless we know what's going on. Earlier you said you had a problem with FreeRoam. Let's start there. What's the problem? Did you have any errors? Did you dump the files in the right place? Tell us exactly what you did.
Wait, you updated your post. There is a problem with the directory. Please, please tell me that you didn't use the Fable Setup Path Changer.

If you did, proceed:
I'm tired of people breaking their stuff with that damned thing. I have left numerous warnings, I have helped several people who have ignored my numerous warnings, it just blows my mind that people would intentionally use something known to break the registry.
yea, I used the path changer but I didnt knew that I shouldnt use it, it was in the link u gave me so I used it as well, sorry, I didnt understand the warning either.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

§ephiroxa§;320289 said:
That's the most amazing thing I've ever seen..ARGH !! I want to mod again. that would make tng editing so much easier for me..*weeps*
How do you think I do my TNG magic? ;)

DarkRage

Choose your fortune
Reaction score

I guess theres no solution...?

DarkRage

Choose your fortune
Reaction score

JohnDoe;320965 said:
Fix the registry or change AlbionExplorer.ini to not use the registry information, instead using the direct path.
How do you do that, you ask?
Figure it out. Search for it either here or FableTLCMod.

I don't like it when people waste my time.
You waste my time when withholding the fact that you used the path editor.
I wrote an exhaustive notice of warning on the post that provides the path editor.
You dismissed the warning. So I'm done.
some time wasting, nobody forced you to answer this topic, and if you so ****ed about ppl downloading the Path Editor you should write a clear warning