• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

KNothole Island DLC From Lionhead

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: KNothole Island DLC From Lionhead

ali1238;238374 said:
But dont you think that they released the DLC extremly fast, it seems they held back orginal game material for DLC. Think about assassins gloves for one, why else would they only make a coat but not the rest of the set. Also the DLC is too close to the release date for it to of been made after the game was released. It means that they wernt paying full attension to the full game (makes sence thinking about the glitches) or took this section out to make more money.

I was expecting DLC o come out in January which would of ment I could get the game on the cheep (about £15/25 meaning that I have not lost out on a single penny as I traded Fable II in for Fallout plus £10). I'm still angry at myself and Microsoft.

Everyones always angry at Microsoft for something, when the world is in the apocalypse people will be shaking their fists screaming obsenities at Microsoft. However might be news to some people but not 'everything' is Microsofts fault or choice. It was probably content that wasnt finished in time to be added into the game, i mean the co-op was only patched in on the first day of release. Most people would be happy that the content is coming so soon and not wait until they are bored of the title and have played it to death to release it. Every company is out to make money, thats why its big business and a Multi Billion £ business at that.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;238378 said:
Everyones always angry at Microsoft for something, when the world is in the apocalypse people will be shaking their fists screaming obsenities at Microsoft. However might be news to some people but not 'everything' is Microsofts fault or choice. It was probably content that wasnt finished in time to be added into the game, i mean the co-op was only patched in on the first day of release. Most people would be happy that the content is coming so soon and not wait until they are bored of the title and have played it to death to release it. Every company is out to make money, thats why its big business and a Multi Billion £ business at that.

It's only 800 points, that's about 10 dollars, but I need to get a bigger hard drive for my 360. I only have 5.4 GB left.:( I downloaded the game.:)

V

Votuse

:(where for art thou asian girls.... for i am sad without your broken english, without your bad driving, without constantly seeing the slant in your beautifully black eyes.

where are the asian girls in my games (besides mirrors edge.... that girl is hot as hell)

-Votuse
if the eyes don't slant, I'd rather get bent.

C

CertainDeath

Striken7;238337 said:
It clearly says December 12 right at the beginning.

My apologies. I thought it said the DLC was Starting on Dec 12, meaning they would release it bit by bit.

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;238378 said:

Well, I would of assumed that it would of been Microsofts choice when to release DLC. To be honnest I would much rather have a complete game and a later release date than an incomplete game and a early release date. This scheme to mak money is fairly underhanded and taking part of what people have payed fo out (well if you pre-orded anyway) and then selling it is not the greatest policy. I generally like most microsoft item as they allways work to the highest standard for me. Capitalism

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

ali1238;238386 said:
Well, I would of assumed that it would of been Microsofts choice when to release DLC. To be honnest I would much rather have a complete game and a later release date than an incomplete game and a early release date. This scheme to mak money is fairly underhanded and taking part of what people have payed fo out (well if you pre-orded anyway) and then selling it is not the greatest policy. I generally like most microsoft item as they allways work to the highest standard for me. Capitalism

With over 60 hours on some of my profiles, it seems it's long enough, and who would work for no paycheck? I don't understand your reasoning?:unsure:

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

Yes, excellent work buddy. It is good to see that people can get what they so wanted. It's like Lionhead's Christmas gift to all their children, except y'know...you gotta pay for it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ali1238;238386 said:

If it was sometime next year when they released it id say yes it would have been Microsofts choice. However as it is indeed so soon after release i doubt Microsoft held it back or had much to do with the go ahead of it. People have been moaning for months for Fable II to be released and Peter and the team put a HELL of a lot of work into hitting that release date for the fans. They worked their asses off to get it on the shelves and even more so to get the co-op patched for day one of release so people wouldnt complain about a delay. Microsoft have some real heavy hitter titles out at the moment i doubt 800 points for some DLC is anywhere near the top of their priority list.

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;238397 said:
If it was sometime next year when they released it id say yes it would have been Microsofts choice. However as it is indeed so soon after release i doubt Microsoft held it back or had much to do with the go ahead of it. People have been moaning for months for Fable II to be released and Peter and the team put a HELL of a lot of work into hitting that release date for the fans. They worked their asses off to get it on the shelves and even more so to get the co-op patched for day one of release so people wouldnt complain about a delay. Microsoft have some real heavy hitter titles out at the moment i doubt 800 points for some DLC is anywhere near the top of their priority list.

Suspose your party right, but it is apparent that the release date of the game has been made earlier (to increase overall sales of games but making sure people have money for each one). I realise that allot of work has been put into Fable II but you cant deney that they has been content taken out which is the only point Im making, I feel short changed due to it aswell (well more than normal cause I traded it in). I think that DLC not being top priority does not matter as there are many people who work at microsoft, everything that entred the Xbox live must of been decided by a group of people.They must of decided to cut the game slightly short and sell the extras later on how else did they get DLC out so fast unless it is terrable (which I doubt due to Peter Molynuex's high standards). I will still get the DLC and borrow the game of someone else who dont ahve live. I am happy about DLC but and slightly ****ed of about it too. I'm just beating a dead horse now, I'm not getting anywhere with this topic.

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

There is also the consideration of space. When adding more and more into a game, that is when more and more bugs can immerge. Oblivion is a prime example. The game had such a huge world that for someone like me without a HD at the time, the game would build up to much data in it's cache and begin to lag, horribly. That is also possible for Fable 2 with it having so much data, so many systems and programs that some things needed to be left out. Also, during rush periods, certain items may have become glitched and bugged and were opted out if it meant higher efficency.

I really have no idea about developing games, so in the end I don't know. This just sounds sensible and logical, does it not?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Seigfreid;238431 said:
Also, during rush periods, certain items may have become glitched and bugged and were opted out if it meant higher efficency.

Same reasons that Oblivion had little additions to DLC like Horse Armour pack and why the brumak part was removed from the 360 version of Gears Of War but then included in the PC version. The 360 version had cuts that werent finished for production but added to another version afterwards. We just have to accept that developers are given a timeline of when to get things done by, if content isnt done for then it gets removed if its minor content. If its major content then the game gets delayed because of it, which in turn will tell you that if this was cut from Fable II it isnt anything substantial as the game was still released without it.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

It has been said several times that the DLC wasn't part of the original game.

Here is one of those posts.
Gradius1 said:
Just to calm the cynical...this DLC was planned, started and made AFTER we had done with F2. It was not part of the main game, so was not cut for later 'profit making'.
Lionhead spent three years building the tools to make the game. Do people think that they're just going to toss all that work aside and not use it to create new downloadable content. That would be like a company building a brand new factory and only producing one line then closing up shop.

Of coarse they are partly doing it for money. The exchange of goods for money is what business is all about. They also know that if they produce the best quality game possible then it will sell more. Lionhead wouldn't sandbag on content just to sell DLC when they have all the tools to add new content after finishing the game.

Chicken Chaser

Chicken Chaser
Premium
Reaction score

Thee not going to tell you everything in this sorta expansion pack.
There will possibly be alot more clothes.

V

Votuse

Chicken Chaser;238463 said:
Thee not going to tell you everything in this sorta expansion pack.
There will possibly be alot more clothes.

yes....but what about different races/ different looking people..... the only girl that looked good in albion was a whore and .... my winky has too many STD's because of it.....

so about them asian girls..... please lion head for me just put a slanted eyed girl in the game somewhere..... like have it a super far away quest i don't care.....

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;238462 said:

Lionhead spent three years building the tools to make the game. Do people think that they're just going to toss all that work aside and not use it to create new downloadable content. That would be like a company building a brand new factory and only producing one line then closing up shop.

Of coarse they are partly doing it for money. The exchange of goods for money is what business is all about. They also know that if they produce the best quality game possible then it will sell more. Lionhead wouldn't sandbag on content just to sell DLC when they have all the tools to add new content after finishing the game.

I'm not surprised, I agree, they have it all set up for DLC. :)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;238462 said:

Thats the answer i was looking for, thanks Todd. ^_^ +rep

Seigfreid

The Guardkiller
Reaction score

As reason why I usually also make the disclaimer to never quote me on anything. I just wanted to point out what to me was an obvious logical reason for why DLC is released for games.

But that is a good point none-the-less and I'll give 'ya credit for it.

/reward Good Ol' Shiny Axe of Reppie

M

Minorthreat

The most important thing is that this new area appears to be a snow covered place! I have to say my favorite part of Fable 2 was standing on the balcony of Castle Fairfax as a kid and watching the snow fall on the city. I was bummed that was pretty much it for winter.

I know I am not the only one to feel this way. Winter season seems to be something on a lot of wish lists.

Twilight

Reaction score

I CCCCCCCCCCCCCANT WAIT!

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

Seigfreid;238431 said:
There is also the consideration of space. When adding more and more into a game, that is when more and more bugs can immerge. Oblivion is a prime example. The game had such a huge world that for someone like me without a HD at the time, the game would build up to much data in it's cache and begin to lag, horribly. That is also possible for Fable 2 with it having so much data, so many systems and programs that some things needed to be left out. Also, during rush periods, certain items may have become glitched and bugged and were opted out if it meant higher efficency.

I really have no idea about developing games, so in the end I don't know. This just sounds sensible and logical, does it not?

Thsank you for the explaination ! Im less ****ed off now, even though I know that Fable 2 did not take up all of the disk space as Fallout 3 is much larger (and glitcher, and freezes and more). I understand what Abliuan Knight said but making DLC should not just take one month and then be finished. I thought it would take more time and resources. If it did not fit onto the CD then the extra content should be free as it was intended. I understand the whole buisness concept, dont bother going through it. Yes I understand they want to make money.

P.S atleast we know what happened to the fourth season