• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

KNothole Island DLC From Lionhead

Dag204

Long-Time Albion resident
Reaction score
Re: KNothole Island DLC From Lionhead

YUSSSSSSS

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Roark86;238585 said:
I actually think the expansion will have Knothole island NOT knothole GLADE. it says in the description that the tribes from the glade left for the island hundreds of years ago to escape the balverines. Maybe the Glade will be there also, but I'm just saying. From the description, you'll be going to a different island than what you're thinking of from Fable 1.

Different island? I seriously doubt it. Same name probably means same island, even if the people all ran away from the Balverines. Perhaps if your sentence was more coherent.

Are you saying that the people of Knothole Glade left their Balverine-infested home island to go to a new island which they named Knothole Island which we are now downloading; or are you saying that the people of Knothole Glade left Knothole Island because the Balverines were eating them all and so now there won't be the town there?

Dag204

Long-Time Albion resident
Reaction score

Walker;238780 said:
Different island? I seriously doubt it. Same name probably means same island, even if the people all ran away from the Balverines. Perhaps if your sentence was more coherent.

Are you saying that the people of Knothole Glade left their Balverine-infested home island to go to a new island which they named Knothole Island which we are now downloading; or are you saying that the people of Knothole Glade left Knothole Island because the Balverines were eating them all and so now there won't be the town there?
I think it would just be the general area of witchwood. which is where knothole glade was located in fable 1

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Dag204;238805 said:
I think it would just be the general area of witchwood. which is where knothole glade was located in fable 1
It must be very north Witchwood, with the snow.:unsure:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Orpheus Lupus;238638 said:
I'm looking forward to it. That said, the problem with saying it absolutely should be free and such is, well...Just a generation ago we didn't really have downloadable content or expansions on consoles. Ever. Technically we don't "deserve" anything. You don't want to pay for it, you don't have to really. It seems to be a lengthy side quest, not some big huge part of the plot.

Not to mention we don't know what the outright circumstances are, not to mention release dates are a funny thing that one side or the other doesn't have a whole lot of control over. At any rate chances are yes, downloadable content will be stuff left out of the final game due to time or space constraints. And yes, the people working at Lionhead will probably expect to be paid. They have to eat too, guys.

It could be side quest, or it could be a step closer to why Theresa kicked you out of the spire..We don't really know.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Wolfie;238641 said:
Awesome! I can't wait to play in the snow with mah doggie! ^_^

"Free and premium downloaders will receive a shower of special gifts, including Knight's Boots, Assassins Gloves, a special Weight Loss Potion, collectible silver book and more."

I'm confused. Whats a free or premiuim downloader?

The free is only the items(Clothes augments potions book etc) and the patch pretty cool to offer all that for free.

Premuim means that you get the Knothole Island add on

Ch0seN 0nE;238725 said:
250 ms points!!
thats like nothing
i am gonna get this for sure
250 points is for the NXE Fable II Theme

Dagzey;238737 said:
um... no, it's 800ms points.
damn it, i just wasted 800 points on kingdom for kelflings too
I got that too it's fun

Walker;238780 said:

I bolded the correct answer

moonfever;238813 said:
Actually it's snowing because of the malfunction weather magic that we must then fix ;)

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;238817 said:
The free is only the items(Clothes augments potions book etc) and the patch pretty cool to offer all that for free.

Premuim means that you get the Knothole Island add on

250 points is for the NXE Fable II Theme

I got that too it's fun

Actually it's snowing because of the malfunction weather magic that we must then fix ;)

I'm not so sure, I'd want to fix it, if it got rid of the snow.:(

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

moonfever;238826 said:
I'm not so sure, I'd want to fix it, if it got rid of the snow.:(
I have a feeling that we'll be able to control the weather on Knothole Island once we've completed the three shrines so we could make it snowy some of the time and sunny others and maybe windy or rainy as well.

Update: I just noticed that they have changed the site to say Mid-December instead of December 12th.

L

Lady Taesia

Sweet! Thanks for the info! Im lookin forward to playen there :D

R

Roark86

Yea like Albion Knight bolded, I'm saying that the people from knothole GLADE left to a NEW island called Knothole island. That's what the description said anyway.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Dag204;238805 said:

I wish.

moonfever;238813 said:

Nope. It's global warming. Wait, I mean, cooling. They aren't burning enough stuff.

Albion Knight;238817 said:

Roark86;239032 said:
Yea like Albion Knight bolded, I'm saying that the people from knothole GLADE left to a NEW island called Knothole island. That's what the description said anyway.

WAAAAAH! I'm so dissapointed. Thanks for clarifying, AK. Sorry, Roark, your post was just a bit on the incoherent side. Or maybe I'm too much of a linguistic prude, who knows? Where is this description? Did I miss something?

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;238856 said:
I have a feeling that we'll be able to control the weather on Knothole Island once we've completed the three shrines so we could make it snowy some of the time and sunny others and maybe windy or rainy as well.

Update: I just noticed that they have changed the site to say Mid-December instead of December 12th.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to turn the weather off and on?:)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

moonfever;239044 said:
Wouldn't it be wonderful to turn the weather off and on?:)

No. It would cause a civil war in the heart of Maryland. But I think that the students and teachers would win; only to realize that they wished they had lost as they stopped cancelling school because there was ALWAYS several feet of snow.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;239048 said:
No. It would cause a civil war in the heart of Maryland. But I think that the students and teachers would win; only to realize that they wished they had lost as they stopped cancelling school because there was ALWAYS several feet of snow.

Not real life, just my game. We don't get hardly any snow in Texas.:)

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

moonfever;239050 said:
Not real life, just my game. We don't get hardly any snow in Texas.:)

Yeah, I guessed that was what you meant. I was just expanding it to its logical real-world conclusion.

I know. Or, rather, I didn't know (I thought some portions of Texas got a lot, though); but we don't get all that much snow here, either. That's the problem. I wanna move to New York! Or possibly Maine! Maybe Alaska! Well, no, I don't, Maryland kicks ass, but I do wish we got a bit more snow.

Sorry for the off-topicyness.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Walker;239057 said:
Yeah, I guessed that was what you meant. I was just expanding it to its logical real-world conclusion.

I know. Or, rather, I didn't know (I thought some portions of Texas got a lot, though); but we don't get all that much snow here, either. That's the problem. I wanna move to New York! Or possibly Maine! Maybe Alaska! Well, no, I don't, Maryland kicks ass, but I do wish we got a bit more snow.

Sorry for the off-topicyness.
I thought Maryland got a lot.:unsure: But still, to change the weather in a game culd be a lot of fun.:)

T

Tymolus

Man, I hate to pay for it as much as anyone else, but I definitely will buy it...
I'm late getting the news, just saw..looks awesome. I'm excited now, that's 2 days after the end of the semester too! I still don't have all the achievements, either...I've been busy...so it'll be great to have so much to do.

nstalaat

Never Knows Best
Reaction score

i live in rockville, Maryland we're like 20 miles east of DC and we don't get that much snow

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

moonfever;239060 said:
I thought Maryland got a lot.:unsure: But still, to change the weather in a game culd be a lot of fun.:)

nstalaat;239136 said:
i live in rockville, Maryland we're like 20 miles east of DC and we don't get that much snow

Yeah, I live in roughly the same area. MD doesn't get much at all. Far western Maryland, in the Appalachians, gets more; but everywhere else? We get maybe a foot total in the course of several years; plus the occasional random blizzard.

Yeah, it probably would/will be. Assuming we do gain the power to control the weather, I wonder if it will only affect the island or the whole world?

MasterJh

Reaction score

Why does everyone think it's bad that it's gunna cost a bit of money? If Microsoft didn't charge us then Lionhead wouldn't get payed and if Lionhead didn't get payed then there would be no more DLC...In layman's terms; Paying=good

On a brighter note: OMFG I literally just realised this...Knothole Island has a similar name to Knothole Glade and Oakfield has a similar name to Oakvale and Bowerstone has a similar name to...Bowerstone. Seriously though, isn't that just a lil' bit of a coincidence?