• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Left for Dead 2 Banned in OZ !

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score
Left for Dead 2 Banned in OZ !

Aussie Classification Board cites "realistic, frenetic and unrelenting violence" as cause for antipodean zombie game ban.
:wassat:

That really sucks if you already own the first installment of this amazing series. I'm an Aussie but live in the UK atm so at least I'll have no troubles picking up a copy for myself but this is ridiculous !

Here is the link: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6228600.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;19

Discuss . . .

Dentie

Reaction score
Re: Left for Dead 2 Banned in OZ !

Lol i feel bad for the aussies because L4D 2 will be awesome cuz 1 was too :p

private-lemon

Reaction score

as if they would ban it y didnt they ban #1 so thats just stupid

X

Xeon

Actually this doesn't have to be a problem, they can just do what they were supposed to do in the first place...... release the damn thing as an expansion

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

I guess people from Oz could just order the game from the UK as it works perfectly well on an xbox 360 in Australia . . . it's just the postage that could prove a problem lol :p

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

LFD is overrated IMO. Though I still enjoy it and will probably borrow/rent the new one. Bad luck for the aussies though.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

And that is one of the reasons for piracy...

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Well i guess its too bad for the aussies then i guess we will all have to enjoy it for ourselves.

I guess its going to rake in some money for the countries that will have the aussies going to buy the game.
I dont have a clue why they would actually banned it for.
I mean its not like there making fun of there culture or anything, is it?

Amanda

I'M DE WEEEEINER!
Reaction score

I don't really understand things like this when we have real war going on, human being versus human being.

Australia against Zombie violence?

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

i believe zombie political power is behind this. theyre tired of the zombie genocide thats taking place

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

private-lemon;339507 said:
as if they would ban it y didnt they ban #1 so thats just stupid

Left 4 Dead (1) never allowed you to chop off limbs and decapitate zombies.

I know it sucks im an aussie but often these games are re-made for the classification board (or the Australian Classification board, can re-examine)

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

Here's hopin Australia gets the release then ! cheers hobbes :D

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I dunno anything about LFD, but our games rating board sucks. We don't have an R 18+ rating, so anything that should get such a rating is just banned outright. It's ****ing ridiculous. It's censorship. It's anti democratic.

I think GTA IV was modified slightly for Australian audiences aswell, because of this.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

we're off to see the wizard

the wonderful wizard of oz

Ok but anyway, they banned Risen too. Why are Australia so ban happy with games?

PhilistineEars

yep, definite Lurker
Premium
Reaction score

No offense to those of the compulsory voting nations of the forum, but:

What I find undemocratic is the practice of certain governments, including my Australian friends, to hold forced-vote elections. Before compulsory voting was established nationwide in 1924, Australian voter turnout hovered between 47-59%. So you had 40+ percent of the populace just casting a ballot because they "had to". Hopefully this sentiment has changed over the decades.

I'm sure there are certain groups within the US that would like to see this happen. I fear the day when people realize it's "Super Tuesday" and they have to go to the polling centers. It's a national right to vote, not a chore. People just throwing paper into the box, pencil whipping the ballots to get out of there as soon as they can... (shudders)

But I digress... Yes I'm sorry to hear about that unfortunate news. I would like to decide for myself what is appropriate and apply my own brand of critical thinking. Governments should do well not to treat their citizenry like 'Sheeple'.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

IMPORT!!!!!!

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I know this thread's a bit old, but it's not that old, and I wanted to respond to some things....

Some of them completely off topic

DarkenedSoul;341972 said:
we're off to see the wizard

the wonderful wizard of oz

Ok but anyway, they banned Risen too. Why are Australia so ban happy with games?

Because we don't have an adult rating for video games. Michael Atkinson, the South Australian Attorney General, is continually blocking it. He is trying to impose what he see's as Christian values onto others who don't share those same values. He's a fascist.

PhilistineEars;342035 said:
No offense to those of the compulsory voting nations of the forum, but:

What I find undemocratic is the practice of certain governments, including my Australian friends, to hold forced-vote elections. Before compulsory voting was established nationwide in 1924, Australian voter turnout hovered between 47-59%. So you had 40+ percent of the populace just casting a ballot because they "had to". Hopefully this sentiment has changed over the decades.

I'm sure there are certain groups within the US that would like to see this happen. I fear the day when people realize it's "Super Tuesday" and they have to go to the polling centers. It's a national right to vote, not a chore. People just throwing paper into the box, pencil whipping the ballots to get out of there as soon as they can... (shudders)

Because with non compulsory voting, you get certain demographics which tend to vote more, such as elderly gun-nuts, crazy religious fundies (like our friends in Westboro, and we certainly DON'T want them anywhere near the Whitehouse). This skews the results, as it doesn't represent a majority (one of the principles of a Democracy, no?). We know that most humans tend towards laziness, and will probably not vote if given the option. Do they just have to be taken along for the ride, simply for adhering to human nature? Thus we don't give them an option.