• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's Talk about the new Fable 3 Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
it's misleading. doesn't advertise the witty and enchanting tone that is fable. instead it's like they're trying to say it's the videogame adaptation of The Patriot. i don't particularly care, but there are some casual gamers who may be disappointed when they think that it's a super srs revolution game that's trying to rip off Sid Meier.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
It's epicawesome; what more do you want?

Mlaar

Reaction score
I quite like it, makes me feel like im gonna be leading a revolution to overthow some evil tyrant.. so whats the game about anyhows? ;)

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
I think it definitely does its job--it got me excited about the game.

It definitely sets the mood for a revolution, and the music was perfect. Eeee... Fable3 just looks more epic with every new snippet of info or news we get :p

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Though at first I thought it would fool anyone who is not already a Fable fan to think it was a new Civilization game or something, watching it again and again and again it just keeps getting more awesome and epic! Hands down the most intriguing and cool trailer for any Xbox game yet--no, any game at all! Of course, not many game trailers are that good, I guess, but still.

The only thing in this trailer that pains me is the look on Logan's face when he sees his little brother firing a gun by his tore-down statue, because he actually looks hurt. Of course, he's a terrible tyrant, so if I just remind myself of that I can watch the trailer a few more times without grief. lol

On somewhat of a side-note, I don't think Logan is "it's fun to murder" evil, he just doesn't realize he's... well, messed up.

Not your personal army

Reaction score
I hope the revolution will be like the trailer, with a big battle before overthrow the king. It would be amazingly awesome for epicness. Yup.

Reaction score
I hope the revolution will be like the trailer, with a big battle before overthrow the king. It would be amazingly awesome for epicness. Yup.
I agree, in my opinion i think that would be a very intense moment, were you and logan stare down eachother(him being up on his balcony and your poppin off a pistol round down on the ground). But thats just me:)..

The Rh Factor

Likes shiny objects
Reaction score
I thought the trailer was pretty cool, but it didn't seem very Fable-ish to me at all. If it wasn't for the telltale Fable style graphics, I could have seen it and never even guessed what game it was for. It makes me wonder how different this game is going to be from the others and whether or not I'll like the changes. I mean, I DO think it's going to be epicly awesome, but only time will tell...

Crazy_Mike1991

Sparrow
Reaction score
it's misleading. doesn't advertise the witty and enchanting tone that is fable. instead it's like they're trying to say it's the videogame adaptation of The Patriot. i don't particularly care, but there are some casual gamers who may be disappointed when they think that it's a super srs revolution game that's trying to rip off Sid Meier.

any problems with that is taken care of with the game stop commercial

sirsimon

Reaction score
I quite like it, makes me feel like im gonna be leading a revolution to overthow some evil tyrant.. so whats the game about anyhows? ;)

yeah, but the game is really about ruling a country

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
any problems with that is taken care of with the game stop commercial
not really. myself, and plenty of other people don't even bother watching TV. our source of trailers is youtube, which means that such a trailer could easily slip through the radar.

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score
I could not stop looking at our heroes rugged face.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Great trailer...and I LOVE that song...

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
What is it with video games using purposely unfitting music in their commercials? Fallout 3, Bioshock 2, Fable 3, Dante's Inferno. One of the best commercials I've seen was the one for Halo: Reach, which I only liked because of the music in it. I didn't buy Reach, but the commercial was cool.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
What is it with video games using purposely unfitting music in their commercials? Fallout 3, Bioshock 2, Fable 3, Halo

Yet all those games won awards for their soundtracks...

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
Yet all those games won awards for their soundtracks...
Well really only Fallout 3 and Bioshock 2 (I believe Fallout 3 kinda started the trend). Obviously Fable III didn't win (as Tyrant pointed out) and Halo was the one I said had a good original soundtrack.

I'm not saying I have a problem with their usage of unfitting songs, I just don't understand why they do it.

Also I think the awards are more-so for their original works (except Fallout 3, which barely had any).

Status
Not open for further replies.