• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's Talk about the new Fable 3 Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
It makes me feel like stealing this game.

But this is America, why would I do such a thing?

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
Though at first I thought it would fool anyone who is not already a Fable fan to think it was a new Civilization game or something, watching it again and again and again it just keeps getting more awesome and epic! Hands down the most intriguing and cool trailer for any Xbox game yet--no, any game at all! Of course, not many game trailers are that good, I guess, but still.

The only thing in this trailer that pains me is the look on Logan's face when he sees his little brother firing a gun by his tore-down statue, because he actually looks hurt. Of course, he's a terrible tyrant, so if I just remind myself of that I can watch the trailer a few more times without grief. lol

On somewhat of a side-note, I don't think Logan is "it's fun to murder" evil, he just doesn't realize he's... well, messed up.

I actually do feel bad for Logan. He looks sad. I really hope that you have a choice to let him live. As a good kind of choice. People may hate you for it. Maybe he will just **** me off lol

Lynne

Reaction score
I may be the only one, but I'd totally do the hero in that commercial.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
The King of Mist Peak. He's voiced by Sir Ben Kingsley.

Lynne

Reaction score
The King of Mist Peak. He's voiced by Sir Ben Kingsley.

Heh. I should have known that but I kept thinking Sabine was a girl. I've missed you, Tyrant. I hope you've been well this week!

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score
What is it with video games using purposely unfitting music in their commercials? Fallout 3,
Fallout 3's commercial music was fine The game IS based on a futuristic 1950's , So it's fitting.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
Fallout 3's commercial music was fine The game IS based on a futuristic 1950's , So it's fitting.
I mean like the mood of it. The Fallout 3 commercial shows the terrible, gritty wasteland and the song is this. I understand how it fits because the world has been set on fire, but the mood of the song is not one of sadness or badassness or any mood felt in Fallout 3.

Again, I understand that this was done on purpose. I was just noting that it has become a more prevalent concept.

Izzy Stizzlebonk

ฉันรักคุกกี้.
Reaction score
I liked the commercial. Made me want to bump some Public Enemy.

Surprised to see no chickens, though.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
I liked the commercial. Made me want to bump some Public Enemy.

Surprised to see no chickens, though.
I think that was the point. The other trailer was to rope in all the fans who like Fable for its peculiar, weird humor. This one is to get the people who only play games FOR SERIOUSLY (though I can't say it's fair to them, they won't be getting huge battles like those shown here (from what I've seen in the game)).

Izzy Stizzlebonk

ฉันรักคุกกี้.
Reaction score
I mean like the mood of it. The Fallout 3 commercial shows the terrible, gritty wasteland and the song is this. I understand how it fits because the world has been set on fire, but the mood of the song is not one of sadness or badassness or any mood felt in Fallout 3.

Again, I understand that this was done on purpose. I was just noting that it has become a more prevalent concept.

I see what you mean. It's kinda odd, but then again, I really thought the... hmm... what's the right word for it... the "contradiction" between the music and the mood was hella fresh. It seems to be a prevalent concept now, but when it came out at the time, it was pretty unique.

Also, it helps that I like big band music.

Next thing I am waiting for is a game with a P-Funk soundtrack. Music I can finally relate to!

I think that was the point. The other trailer was to rope in all the fans who like Fable for its peculiar, weird humor. This one is to get the people who only play games FOR SERIOUSLY (though I can't say it's fair to them, they won't be getting huge battles like those shown here (from what I've seen in the game)).

Ah, just noticed you responded to me. Seems like a smart marketing campaign. Cater to everyone. Can't argue with that. I just thought they'd ride with the goofy, funny ish.

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score
The song has no real intention of setting the mood, I myself found it a very witty and clever song to put in a commercial of a post-apocalyptic world set it the 1950's. Take for example if you were someone watching the trailer for the first time. It begins with a ham radio , leaving the viewer clueless of what it's about as the camera pans away from the ham radio you see the wasteland and how deserted it is, No life what so ever , but as the camera pans away you can still here the echoing of the music again showing the lifelessness of the wasteland, But it doesn't really matter everyone's entitled to their own opinion , no ones right or wrong here.

Any who back to fable, I agree with some of you that the song doesn't really fit the game, I would thing a song like that would be more fitting in western games such as Red Dead Redemption. Maybe they should have chosen a more medieval-ish music, but the whole point of the trailer is to show a revolution and less modern music has trouble with that.

Lynne

Reaction score
I think putting a modern song to a revolutionary montage is pretty rad, actually.

Prince Louis

Incredibly Handsome Master of All Villainy
Reaction score
i loved it! Totally epic. That song is amazing and goes great with those clips. Is it me or does our Hero look more BA in this trailer? He looks older... or more scruffy?

Matt_352

Reaction score
Awesomeness covered Awesomeness, so pumped about this game

VicOnTop

Reaction score
i like fallouts song. its by the inkspots. ands its extremely fitting.

the arguement is that fables song isnt. but i dont care. i liked it how it was

Status
Not open for further replies.