• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's Talk about the new Fable 3 Commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Also I think the awards are more-so for their original works (except Fallout 3, which barely had any).

Danny Elfman wrote the theme for the Fable series is Oscar nominated and very highly regarded in the music industry for his movie soundtracks along with Russell Shaw who did the soundtrack from Lionhead. Id imagine Fable III will follow the trend started in Fable and Fable II.

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Danny Elfman wrote the theme for the Fable series is Oscar nominated and very highly regarded in the music industry for his movie soundtracks along with Russell Shaw who did the soundtrack from Lionhead. Id imagine Fable III will follow the trend started in Fable and Fable II.
Danny Elfman has done the music to Fable? Huh, I didn't know that. :p

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
^ i never knew that either... but now that i think about it it matches his style for sure. the kind of pseudo holiday cutesy music with lots of bells and whatnot.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

Danny Elfman is a musical genius, though.

Check out his band Oingo Boingo. They're amazing!

sirsimon

Reaction score
I actually do feel bad for Logan. He looks sad. I really hope that you have a choice to let him live. As a good kind of choice. People may hate you for it. Maybe he will just **** me off lol

I agree with you, Logan may be a badass, but this trailer shows he has at least some consideration to you and I like villains like that.

Darkwolfdemon

Reaction score
The only thing in this trailer that pains me is the look on Logan's face when he sees his little brother firing a gun by his tore-down statue, because he actually looks hurt. Of course, he's a terrible tyrant, so if I just remind myself of that I can watch the trailer a few more times without grief. lol

On somewhat of a side-note, I don't think Logan is "it's fun to murder" evil, he just doesn't realize he's... well, messed up.

I thought the same thing too. I thought it was odd he didn't do the usual expressions like cowering at the rebellion “Oh no…my neck will be chopped off soon.” or not looking stuck up like “what unsophisticated rabble.” or angry like “Damn you brother!”. It is odd to see the expression of “why are you doing this brother?”. It makes me think that there is more to this. Like maybe he is not an evil tyrant but more of an overstressed ruler, or a ruler that has made bad decisions, or a ruler that is being manipulated by another power, or a ruler that is doing things that make his people suffer for the greater good (like fighting off another power), who knows till we play.
But it does make me think what happens when you become king. What happens if you make tonz of promises and break them and be a worse ruler than your brother; will people rebel against you?

ChristieScott

Reaction score
i usually love the music, I'm sure it's gonna be epic this time around too

S3XPOTZ

Reaction score
I think it's a great trailer, but if you don't really know what the Fable series is about beforehand, I guess it could sort of give the wrong theme/impression. The "revolution" feel is there for sure, though.

ChristieScott

Reaction score
yea it isn't really descriptive of the series, but it does cause intrigue i think... "captures the mood" i should say

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
I thought the same thing too. I thought it was odd he didn't do the usual expressions like cowering at the rebellion “Oh no…my neck will be chopped off soon.” or not looking stuck up like “what unsophisticated rabble.” or angry like “Damn you brother!”. It is odd to see the expression of “why are you doing this brother?”. It makes me think that there is more to this. Like maybe he is not an evil tyrant but more of an overstressed ruler, or a ruler that has made bad decisions, or a ruler that is being manipulated by another power, or a ruler that is doing things that make his people suffer for the greater good (like fighting off another power), who knows till we play.
But it does make me think what happens when you become king. What happens if you make tonz of promises and break them and be a worse ruler than your brother; will people rebel against you?
My personal theory.

Reaction score
Not Your typical Fable 3 trailer but I do like it. It really emphasises the way things go full circle and get thrown into the air in a revolution with the statues toppling down and the guards of the old order getting crushed, it actually gets Me really roused up to play the game. Good Trailer.

Prince Louis

Incredibly Handsome Master of All Villainy
Reaction score
Really? I didn't think Logan looked "Sad" To me his expression looked more like "Just you wait.." Or "Two can play at that game"

But i guess it can be read many ways.
Having Logan show some sort of soft/sad emotion in this game will certainly give us something fresh to work with and not have him be "arr i'm a mean tyrant king! I kill you and eat your babies! RAWR!" Which is all so boring to me now.. :\

Robmokron

Troll Hunter
Reaction score
Really? I didn't think Logan looked "Sad" To me his expression looked more like "Just you wait.." Or "Two can play at that game"

Having Logan show some sort of soft/sad emotion in this game will certainly give us something fresh to work with and not have him be "arr i'm a mean tyrant king! I kill you and eat your babies! RAWR!" Which is all so boring to me now.. :\

That is why there is no orphanages...

mike6976

Reaction score
the scene with the statue really reminds me of footage i saw of them bringing down the sadam statue.

Reaction score

In my personal opinion, i think he is looking at the hero thinking either:

1. Logan is thinking to himself, "so the stage is set for the final battle", that type of thing..
2. Logan is looking at the hero as in noticing how far he has come and has underestimated him.
3.Logan knows what he has to do.
or
4. He knows he may have to kill his brother/sister, all to prevent him from loosing the crown of Albion, therefor he is ready for what lies ahead, (noted that he is posted at the top of the castle with full armor,elite gaurds,sword on his waist,and the crown of Albion)

But... this is just my opinion, does anybody agree?.

maddog

Reaction score
Some how I still like fable I hate the changes now D:

Status
Not open for further replies.