• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

magic is weakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopdogy

grey-palidin
Reaction score
magic is weakening

is it just me or is magic in fable getting weaker and weaker by every title
look at it
fable 1 they never mentioned having to awaken magic the hero just seemed to have it
fable 2 you had to go to the guild chamber to learn your first bit of magic
fable 3 GAUNTLETS!!!! WTF BOOM where did they come from are they to amplify the magic you have or what?
i just wish that the gauntlet idea was not in place but dont get me wrong im gonna love spell weaving

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Re: magic is weakening

Meh. Time's moving forward in the Fable universe. People are switching to guns rather than spending years practising magic when firing at some one is just as or even more effective.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;406958 said:
Meh. Time's moving forward in the Fable universe. People are switching to guns rather than spending years practising magic when firing at some one is just as or even more effective.

Lazy bumps...:getlost:

Archon_TJ

Guild Master
Reaction score

I also noticed the drop in spells and how effective they are. In fable 1 mastering the "will" made you a dangerous opponent if you knew how to combine those skills with melee or ranged combat. It took a little more skill and thinking than mashing the melee attack button. I posted a thread earlier asking "will users" to post some spells they would like to see brought back or new ones. I haven't read about the gauntlets...so does someone want to fill me in real quick?

Reaction score

poopdogy;406955 said:
is it just me or is magic in fable getting weaker and weaker by every title
look at it
fable 1 they never mentioned having to awaken magic the hero just seemed to have it
fable 2 you had to go to the guild chamber to learn your first bit of magic
fable 3 GAUNTLETS!!!! WTF BOOM where did they come from are they to amplify the magic you have or what?
i just wish that the gauntlet idea was not in place but dont get me wrong im gonna love spell weaving

It's a reflection of how society in Fable has done away with Magic & superstition to make way for Science, technology new ideas etc. For example it says in fable 2 that once the flintlock mechanism was invented it closed the gap between ordinary citizens of Albion & the Heroes guild, when it was destroyed, the guilds secrets along with it's knowledge of Will were destroyed along with it.

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

true as this is the coming of the enlightenment era, i am just wondering who created the gauntlets though....

Bluedrake

Reaction score

Zjuggernaut;406958 said:

It helps that the guns are ridiculously powerful and that you have infinite ammo. Having to buy bullets would have a been a useful money sink in Fable 2.

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

yeah but it would make it more like WoW than fable...

sirsimon

Reaction score

Magic is weakening because less people are believing in it. Modernism and science is replacing magic and legend.

The gaunlets amplfy your power since the powers of will are fading. That why three people are seen using it in fable II. So I imagine only two people will use proper magic, you and Logan

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

that and maybe the hero never had proper will training from a powerful will user like the previous heroes, but that doesn't mean that will is being diluted in the bloodline.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

sirsimon;407019 said:
Magic is weakening because less people are believing in it. Modernism and science is replacing magic and legend.

The gaunlets amplfy your power since the powers of will are fading. That why three people are seen using it in fable II. So I imagine only two people will use proper magic, you and Logan

True. Or it could only be you, the Hero, who can only use magic.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score

Heroes would have kids with non-heroes after the Fall of the Guild, so every generation heroes are losing their powers, I'd guess.

Bluedrake

Reaction score

handsdown65;407150 said:
Heroes would have kids with non-heroes after the Fall of the Guild, so every generation heroes are losing their powers, I'd guess.

Do we really want to bring genetics into this?:p

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Bluedrake;407220 said:
Do we really wabringgenetics into this?:p

You can't have a good discussion without it! :p

Bluedrake

Reaction score

Vicious Dice;407260 said:
You can't have a good discussion without it! :p

Fair point. :D But I don't think the magic is weakening so much as changing. They're trying new mediums. By the time they get to Fable 5, they should have found something to be happy with.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Bluedrake;407285 said:
They're trying new mediums. By the time they get to Fable 5, they should have found something to be happy with.

Probably. I am hesitant on the whole "gauntlet" thing but it could be a step forward...

jetex1911

Headcrab Owner
Reaction score

Vicious Dice;407296 said:
Probably. I am hesitant on the whole "gauntlet" thing but it could be a step forward...

i agree. i think it is a bit odd that they changed from weaving with your hands to magic-infused gauntlets. as long as i can still bring a burning death to my enemies with a wave of fire, though, i guess i am okay with it. it just feels a little bit awkward.

thejessicadee

Reaction score

wait.. we really have to these glove thingies to weave magic? that's a bit.. dissapointing. im a little iffy about if it'll go with outfits i wear on fable 3. :b

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

thejessicadee;407341 said:
wait.. we really have to these glove thingies to weave magic? that's a bit.. dissapointing. im a little iffy about if it'll go with outfits i wear on fable 3. :b

Yep, you wear gaunlets on your arms to use magic. One on each arm, you use them seperatly and you can combine them, spellweaving, to make more devastating attacks. Vortex(lifting an enemy the air.) as well as a fire one. Flying in the air as they are being set on fire. Sounds epic. I also heard on a few interviews that you will be able to put on more than one gauntlet on each arm. I think it has to do with leveling up your gauntlet, I'm not entirely sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.