• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Movie suggestions.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Movie suggestions.

TRA Rotid;428022 said:
The Terminator 1 & 2, starring Governator as The Terminator.

6th Day was bad-ass, I don't know anyone else who thinks the same, though.

The Last Action Hero is a pretty damn good Governator flick as well.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score

GrimWhim;427941 said:
I hope these are ALL movies because I'm not looking for T.V. series just yet. I'll get to that later.

"Indeed they are Ken." - Vic Romano

Anyway, some of these happen to have series attached to them as well, but they're all movies ^_^

o.o I like anime o.o

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Purple Nurple;428018 said:
I can't name much tbh, but I recently watched Crank which was a pretty poor movie I thought, but it was exactly what you described for action - Big guns, bad guys getting pwned and a heroic douche.

It was a pretty fun action film that you may want to look into.

Some of these movies I've already seen but I'll probably watch them again anyways. I was actually a huge fan of Crank but not so much the sequel.

White_Howler;428065 said:
"Indeed they are Ken." - Vic Romano

Anyway, some of these happen to have series attached to them as well, but they're all movies ^_^

o.o I like anime o.o

I like anime too but most of them have cliched plots and characters which only makes me want to gouge my eyes out and beat myself to death with a brick.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Comedies: I'm not a big fan of American comedies to be honest; Tropic Thunder being an exception and genuinely quite funny. If you can get your hands on some British comedy DVDs (not sure if you get many of our shows/films over in the States) but I could recommend tons, if so.

Martial Arts: The only decent semi-martial arts film I can think of was Jean Claude an Damme's Bloodsport. I watched it over and over again when I was about 12 but, after watching it recently, I realise now that it's kinda full 'o' fail.

Action: The Expendables. Light on story; heavy on shotguns (AA-12 scene contender for most awesome and hilarious scene in history). I thought Iron Man was great, too.

Fantasy: Err...

War: When Trumpets Fade wasn't too bad. Sahara (a slightly older war film starring James Belushi) has been among my favourites for a long time.

Drama: Brokeback Mountain - it's got a bad rep for, well, being about what's about. Sadly, narrow minded people tend not to give it a chance but I thought it was superb. I've seen it about five times now. The wife hates it though. Gran Turino was surprisingly good as well.

Animated: Toy Story! Street Fighter: The Animated Movie isn't a half-bad Manga either, if you care to give it a go.

Western: Not really my cup of team, I'm afraid. I'm not against 'em, I just can't find a single one that doesn't star Clint Eastwood!

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

projectego;428126 said:
Western: Not really my cup of team, I'm afraid. I'm not against 'em, I just can't find a single one that doesn't star Clint Eastwood!
I fail to see the problem...

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

I don't much care for Clint Eastwood.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

if you're anything like me, you love the entertainment value of terrible movies.
here are some of the worst movies i have ever seen that were so bad it was entertaining.

any movie directed by Ed Wood. seriously, the guy got a golden turkey award for being the worst director of all time. his most notable disaster is probably Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Tommy Wiseau's The Room.
Leading up to the release of The Room, Wiseau began a promotional blitz in print and television, comparing The Room to works by Tennessee Williams.[1] He also offered a free CD of the soundtrack to ticket-buyers.[1] The Room premiered at a Laemmle Theatre in Los Angeles on June 27, 2003, where Wiseau had rented limos and red carpet for the occasion.[10] According to cast members, people in the theater began laughing at the film within the first ten minutes, and by the end, some of the crowd were "rolling around" and "crying with laughter".[1][10] The film made less than $2,000 during its initial theatrical run.
-Wikipedia

Battlefield Earth: A movie starring John Travolta based on L. Ron Hubbard (scientology founder) literature. it wasn't made on a bad budget, the film is just BAD in every possible way. the screenplay makes you feel like you started watching in the middle, and the camera work and acting make me feel like i'm watching that 1990's live action hercules show.

They Live: A movie by John Carpenter featuring a man who finds sunglasses which reveal that 50% of people are aliens. it features him shooting up a bank full of aliens with the classic line "i came here to do two things, kick ass and chew gum. and i'm all out of gum." there's also an entertaining scene after he's branded a mass murderer, him getting into a fight with his friend because he doesn't want to wear said sunglasses.

Kazaam: a kids movie... featuring Shaquile O'Neil as a black genie who lives in a boom box... who has to rhyme every line he says. AKA "rapping", but the films writers obviously don't know the first thing about rapping.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

This may seem a bit obvious, but have you seen the Hangover? That is a GREAT movie. Also, for Action, Dawn of the Dead. That is one awesome film :D

GrimWhim

Reaction score

projectego;428126 said:
Comedies: I'm not a big fan of American comedies to be honest; Tropic Thunder being an exception and genuinely quite funny. If you can get your hands on some British comedy DVDs (not sure if you get many of our shows/films over in the States) but I could recommend tons, if so.

Martial Arts: The only decent semi-martial arts film I can think of was Jean Claude an Damme's Bloodsport. I watched it over and over again when I was about 12 but, after watching it recently, I realise now that it's kinda full 'o' fail.

Action: The Expendables. Light on story; heavy on shotguns (AA-12 scene contender for most awesome and hilarious scene in history). I thought Iron Man was great, too.

Fantasy: Err...

War: When Trumpets Fade wasn't too bad. Sahara (a slightly older war film starring James Belushi) has been among my favourites for a long time.

Drama: Brokeback Mountain - it's got a bad rep for, well, being about what's about. Sadly, narrow minded people tend not to give it a chance but I thought it was superb. I've seen it about five times now. The wife hates it though. Gran Turino was surprisingly good as well.

Animated: Toy Story! Street Fighter: The Animated Movie isn't a half-bad Manga either, if you care to give it a go.

I'm not narrow-minded or against homosexuality but Brokeback Mountain isn't one of the movies I'm into. It's just... ugh. I can't stand dramas. Could be because I've gotten a nice helping of Vitamin D(rama) every day of my life. Some good suggestions here though and don't worry about how I get my movies, just give me the suggestions. British stuff is usually twice as funny as American crud.

projectego;428129 said:
I don't much care for Clint Eastwood.

To be honest, neither am I but then again, I haven't seen much from him. I'll probably surf Wikipedia later and check out his films. Maybe get a few and watch 'em. After all, if he's as legendary as others say he is then he must have done something right, right?

cheezMcNASTY;428148 said:
if you're anything like me, you love the entertainment value of terrible movies.
here are some of the worst movies i have ever seen that were so bad it was entertaining.

any movie directed by Ed Wood. seriously, the guy got a golden turkey award for being the worst director of all time. his most notable disaster is probably Plan 9 from Outer Space.

Tommy Wiseau's The Room.

-Wikipedia

Battlefield Earth: A movie starring John Travolta based on L. Ron Hubbard (scientology founder) literature. it wasn't made on a bad budget, the film is just BAD in every possible way. the screenplay makes you feel like you started watching in the middle, and the camera work and acting make me feel like i'm watching that 1990's live action hercules show.

They Live: A movie by John Carpenter featuring a man who finds sunglasses which reveal that 50% of people are aliens. it features him shooting up a bank full of aliens with the classic line "i came here to do two things, kick ass and chew gum. and i'm all out of gum." there's also an entertaining scene after he's branded a mass murderer, him getting into a fight with his friend because he doesn't want to wear said sunglasses.

Kazaam: a kids movie... featuring Shaquile O'Neil as a black genie who lives in a boom box... who has to rhyme every line he says. AKA "rapping", but the films writers obviously don't know the first thing about rapping.

I have not seen They Live but I have seen Kazaam and Battlefield Earth and I loved them both. I am a HUGE fan of B-movies. Ed Wood... I know I've heard that name before, I'll definitely look for some of his films.

HobbeBrain;428158 said:
This may seem a bit obvious, but have you seen the Hangover? That is a GREAT movie. Also, for Action, Dawn of the Dead. That is one awesome film :D

The Hangover? Yeah, I've seen it. Twice now, if I'm not mistaken. It was funny as hell especially when they open the car door and hit the baby. I ****in' lawled so hard, I thought I was going to **** myself.

Dawn of the Dead, oh man. I forgot about zombie movies!

QUICK! EVERYONE POST SOME EPIC ZOMBIE MOVIES!

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

braindead by peter jackson is classic.

branded by many as the most violent movie of all time. peter jackson himself makes an appearance as a zombie only to be turned to mush by a lawn mower blade.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;428311 said:
braindead by peter jackson is classic.

branded by many as the most violent movie of all time. peter jackson himself makes an appearance as a zombie only to be turned to mush by a lawn mower blade.

I tend not to listen to the masses but I will definitely look into that. It's great seeing zombies killed in unique ways instead of the typical shot to the head.

Boyd Gatrie

I'm stupid
Reaction score

Watch this movie over and over, it doesn't stop getting funny.
Kung Pow: Enter the Fist

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

GrimWhim;428318 said:
I tend not to listen to the masses but I will definitely look into that. It's great seeing zombies killed in unique ways instead of the typical shot to the head.

i wouldn't worry about how mainstream it is. it's a cult classic at most.
low budget, most of which went into fake blood. :lol:

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score

Boyd Gatrie;428331 said:

Agreed. This movie is full of win.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;428148 said:

They Live is uploaded to Youtube as well.

Comedy: The Rocker

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Speaking of Carpenter movies, The Thing is one of my favourite movies of all time. It is the epitome of 80's horror movies and a true testament as to why real special effects are far superiour to CGI.

The Rh Factor

Likes shiny objects
Reaction score

Comedy: Death at a Funeral (the original British one)

Horror: The Gingerdead Man (funny horror)

Animated: Monsters Inc., Wall-E

Miscellaneous: V for Vendetta, District 9, Big Fish, American History X, 9 (the one Tim Burton was co-producer of)

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score

Zombie films? You came to the right nerd!!

Zombieland
Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Survival of the Dead
Dead Snow
The People Who Gave Up On Living And Became Incredibly Messed Up Zombies (soemthing like that, anyway)
All the Resident Evil's.
Army of Darkness

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Tsuyu;428383 said:
Speaking of Carpenter movies, The Thing is one of my favourite movies of all time. It is the epitome of 80's horror movies and a true testament as to why real special effects are far superiour to CGI.

A classic indeed.

Horror/comedy:

Undead
- Amish guy doing gymnastics and killing zombie fish - what more do you want?
Drag Me To Hell - Sam Raimi doing what he does best (Evil Dead, Army of Darkness)

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Boyd Gatrie;428331 said:

Ah! That's the movie I was trying to remember! Someone mentioned "Kung Fu Hustle" earlier and it sounded so familiar. Thank you for reminding me of this, it's one of the best movies ever.

cheezMcNASTY;428333 said:
i wouldn't worry about how mainstream it is. it's a cult classic at most.
low budget, most of which went into fake blood. :lol:

I'm not concerned with mainstream anything, I was just mentioning that I tend to avoid the opinions of the masses.

Anyways, sounds like a great film.

Tsuyu;428383 said:

I love The Thing. That's one movie that will always freak me out no matter how often I watch it.

The Rh Factor;428394 said:
Comedy: Death at a Funeral (the original British one)

Horror: The Gingerdead Man (funny horror)

Animated: Monsters Inc., Wall-E

Miscellaneous: V for Vendetta, District 9, Big Fish, American History X, 9 (the one Tim Burton was co-producer of)

District 9... wasn't too bad, kind of weird to be honest. American History X was actually a pretty good movie but not the role Edward Norton fits too well. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed it. 9 was a terrible movie and it seemed way too short. I love Tim Burton but even my biased love for him won't change my opinion of that film.

Also, I already mentioned Death at a Funeral, heh. I do appreciate the suggestions (even if I have seen most of 'em). That Big Fish... what's that about?

HobbeBrain;428418 said:
Zombie films? You came to the right nerd!!

Zombieland
Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Survival of the Dead
Dead Snow
The People Who Gave Up On Living And Became Incredibly Messed Up Zombies (soemthing like that, anyway)
All the Resident Evil's.
Army of Darkness

Army of Darkness isn't a zombie flick but it's still awesome as hell.

I should also mention all the Resident Evil movies are fail and I refuse to watch them as no real Resident Evil fan would.

Appreciate the suggestions though! There's two things I love most, westerns and zombie movies and I just can't get enough of either.

TRA Rotid;428436 said:
A classic indeed.

Horror/comedy:

Undead
- Amish guy doing gymnastics and killing zombie fish - what more do you want?
Drag Me To Hell - Sam Raimi doing what he does best (Evil Dead, Army of Darkness)

Drag Me To Hell was a terrible movie. I liked the few elements it took from the Evil Dead movies but it just wasn't anywhere near as good or as cheesy as them. In fact, I thought it was supposed to be a serious horror movie but then halfway through he just kinda said "To hell with it!" and put in some rather ridiculous moments.

I will look into that other suggestion though, sounds awesome, haha.