• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Movie suggestions.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
Re: Movie suggestions.

He also has talent in that he managed to de-rail his own thread, which was doing good btw.

On that note, I'm continuing the topic, who here has actually seen 1985 Legend?

The Rh Factor

Likes shiny objects
Reaction score

White_Howler;429195 said:
He also has talent in that he managed to de-rail his own thread, which was doing good btw.

You mean that movie with Tom Cruise from way back in the day? Man, I haven't seen that in years!! Love that movie, and the big devil guy is AWESOME! Hmmmm, I'll have to see if I can find that on Netflix...

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score

Tim Curry (who is, the MAN btw), plays the Darkness in that movie, and also plays Dr. Frankenfurter in Rocky Horror Picture Show.

But I digress, Legend is an amazing movie. Dunno if netflix has it (used to work for them) but they may. I remember when I first watched this movie... Ah it was a good time. Had never seen it before and watched it one day when I had nothing to do cuz one of my friends couldn't believe I hadn't seen it. He's into oldschool stuff like that so he brought it over and we watched it. I've loved that movie ever since.

1985 Legend peoples.

Wallace

MeeKrob
Reaction score

Damn. Homedawg got banned. Shiz.

Anyone else seen the movie Haggard? If you havn't you best watch it. ****s funny. Boodeewootdootdoot~

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

White_Howler;429552 said:
Tim Curry (who is, the MAN btw), plays the Darkness in that movie, and also plays Dr. Frankenfurter in Rocky Horror Picture Show.
[youtube]0tc5UBYfx8k[/youtube]

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Gikoku Harakami;429063 said:
You claim Sephiroxas is wrong, yet you admit to not knowing what the message in the film was, and then you belittle her... ?

We were talking about two separate movies. One was Avatar and the other was District 9. I made sure to keep them separate. She assumed I was constantly talking about Avatar (or was it District 9? I'm not her so I don't know) when I wasn't.

Your disrespectful attitude has gotten on my nerves for the last time, I know that you're trying to improve your behavior, but you're clearly not trying hard enough and at times you don't try at all (which you make clear). I'm not going to outright perma-ban you, but you're now temporarily banned for 3 days. Since you have issues with frustration and showing respect towards others, you can use this time to clear your head and think about your past actions so that things will hopefully be better when you return. If not, then a much bigger hammer will be used.

I want to say something to this but since I know how it's against the rules to argue a Moderator's actions, I'll just accept that temporary suspension.

cheezMcNASTY;429076 said:
seconded.
you know, if he wasn't completely serious about some of the things he says he would make for one of the best trolls i have ever seen. ever.

Since you seem to be uneducated, here:

"fool Internet user into responding: to lure other Internet users into sending responses to carefully designed incorrect statements".

All I can say is don't flatter yourself, I don't have enough interest in any of you to go that far.

Before anyone gets upset over me calling him "uneducated", it's not an insult. The synonym of uneducated is ignorant and the definition of that is as follows:

"lacking knowledge: lacking knowledge or education in general or in a specific subject".

White_Howler;429195 said:

Did I confuse what I said about District 9 and Avatar? No. Did everyone else and then make a big deal out of it? Yes.

It does amaze me that I managed to get suspended in my own thread because of someone else though.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

GrimWhim;430667 said:
Since you seem to be uneducated, here:

"fool Internet user into responding: to lure other Internet users into sending responses to carefully designed incorrect statements".

All I can say is don't flatter yourself, I don't have enough interest in any of you to go that far.

Before anyone gets upset over me calling him "uneducated", it's not an insult. The synonym of uneducated is ignorant and the definition of that is as follows:

"lacking knowledge: lacking knowledge or education in general or in a specific subject".

first of all, just because you define a word doesn't stop it from being an insult. you did blatantly insult me in that post. you show me a person who wouldn't get offended by being called uneducated and i'll show you someone so uneducated that they don't know the definition of the word.
it's fine, though. i can take your abuse. ;)

myself and most everyone else here is fully aware of both the definition of trolling and uneducated. to be specific, i never said you were a troll, i said you would be a fantastic one. reason being that your posts have a very large tendency to evoke a response from most members, myself included.
so no, you aren't a troll. but if you were emotionally detached from what you wrote you would be extremely good at it. that's all i was trying to say.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;430669 said:
myself and most everyone else here is fully aware of both the definition of trolling and uneducated. to be specific, i never said you were a troll, i said you would be a fantastic one. reason being that your posts have a very large tendency to evoke a response from most members, myself included.
so no, you aren't a troll. but if you were emotionally detached from what you wrote you would be extremely good at it. that's all i was trying to say.

This is an excellent example of why it is better to ask a person to explain than to outright assume something.

Thank you, Cheez.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

On the subject of suggestions, after rewatching it just now, Natural Born Killers is a top 5 for me.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

I finished watching Super Mario Bros. the other night and I gotta say... wow... I never realized how bad it was. In fact, it was so bad it was good! I've loved that movie since I was a child and now that I'm not nearly as naive as I was back then, I can really enjoy this movie. I'd definitely say it's in my top ten.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score

Bun a fat joint then watch any of the below.

Comedies
Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood

Martial Arts
Karate Kid

Action
Gangs of New York

Fantasy
Star Wars

War
Tropic Thunder

Miscellaneous
How High

Animated
Something Something Something Dark Side

Western
Brokeback Mountain

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

TRA Rotid;428517 said:
That's strange, I've seen people saying the same. It felt as a comedy from start to finish for me.

But I agree with you on 9 - pretty much the only good thing about it was the trailer (and that's 50% because
of the soundtrack).

And I absolutely love District 9.
Sam Raimi, the director of Drag me to Hell, is known for his odd mix of horror and comedy.
Might know him better as the director of Spiderman 1-3

District 9 is freaking AWESOME! Neill Blomkamp is amazing for making such an epic film with only 30 million bucks! and who the **** said he wouldn't be able to direct the Halo movie!? God damnit!