• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Opinion On Achievements.

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score
My Opinion On Achievements.

This is purely my opinion, please don't flame or insult me if you don't agree on my opinion because. You are always welcome to argue with my opinion in a appropriate way.

I want to say my Opinion on Achievements. When I Purchase a Game I usually want to get every achievement from just playing it, but that doesn't work out.

Half the time all the games that support online play [online not multi player]
have achievements that require you to have:

Xbox Live Gold.

I'm the kind of person that doesn't have the pocket money to fork out on XBL every month so I stick to silver. If you have the money then that's awesome but not every single Xbox 360 owner can afford Gold.

In my opinion I think it's unfair having to pay real money to obtain a achievement on a game that I have already purchased.

I am aware that there are games that support online play and you can get every achievement on it without having to pay for Xbox live gold.

But you can see more games get released now that have you do this.

So to sum it up, I just think that if you buy any game, you should be able to get every achievement without having to buy xbox live gold.

But you are free to argue with this point because it's only a opinion.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Re: My Opinion On Achievements.

Probably not the best place to argue a point against XBox on an XBox related game's forums.

If you don't wanna pay to play only get a PS3 or shush, because PS3 is really the only place to play online free. MMO's (most) require online fees.

Server support is expensive.

Plus, Microsoft will always squeeze every penny out of something.

Vero Caerso

Poetic Master
Reaction score

Pfft i have that same feeling about games. I mean i cant get some achievements cause i need xbox live to get them.. I mean they cant expect everyone to have xbox live, can they?
I mean i cant get it because i live out in the country and the government still hasnt upgraded the internet cabels.

I mean i have to wait about 10 years intill i can finally get broadband where i live, yes i can go to my friends houses to go on xbox live but thats just wrong having to scab off other peoples internet so i can just go on xbox live.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

I know, it sucks. Well, not for me, because at the moment I have Gold, but when I was silver it was really crappy. The only suggestion I can give you is to spend 60 bucks for a years subscription. You'll get a huge discount, and you only have to worry about the fee. Sure, it is overpriced, but as Tyloric pointed out, servers cost money.

Rad

Premium
Reaction score

Skotekal;339903 said:
I know, it sucks. Well, not for me, because at the moment I have Gold, but when I was silver it was really crappy. The only suggestion I can give you is to spend 60 bucks for a years subscription. You'll get a huge discount, and you only have to worry about the fee. Sure, it is overpriced, but as Tyloric pointed out, servers cost money.

It's not much about the service it's the fact that...

1. Go to the store and get the latest SUPA AWEZOMEZ FPS.
price: 50 - 60 bucks.

2. You play it, and you read the achievement.
"Get ____ Rank in _____ Mode On Xbox Live".

I mean, I understand putting online achievements on XBLA games, but why do retail games that you purchased already has it. =\

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

$60?

I bought a years subscription for $20 at gamestop. ._.

Rad

Premium
Reaction score

Tyloric;339914 said:
$60?

I bought a years subscription for $20 at gamestop. ._.

Wow, O_O I thought the 3 months card was $20. Everywhere I go I always see the years subscription is $60.

Elcer

Reaction score

In every game < not used> should be 48 hour-Gold.. but i dont think thats enough to make achievements.. well, sucks :p

EDIT : Mistake..

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

while it may seem unfair to you, the achievements are not chosen by microsoft. the game developer chooses the achievement, probably unaware that some will want gamer points but not a gold account.

Also, it may be expensive to pay by the month but i'm sure saving up $50.00 for a year wouldn't be that difficult seeing how you can afford to buy new games presently.

it may suck, but it really isn't microsoft squeezing out your pocket money this time. they have almost nothing to do with the achievements in a game...unless you believe that it was microsoft that set up the achievements for Avatar: The Burning Earth (all 1000 points can be gotten in under 5 minutes) :lol:

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

You're welcome to have my two free trial Xbox gold things. I'm never gonna use them, so they're just going to waste. PM me if you're interested.