• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Name your Weapon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Re: Name your Weapon!

Prince Louis;431062 said:
I agree Tyrant Lord! :3

Also it seems quite a few people are choosing to go with Ancient Greek gods or references like me! The choice seems popular! ^_^

I choose Occasus for my Aurora Hammer.

Occasus = Dusk in Latin
Aurora= Dawn in Latin

Prince Louis

Incredibly Handsome Master of All Villainy
Reaction score

Occasus sounds great!

I was thinking about changing my previous name for my hammer which was Dunamis. I'm thinking it should now be called Bucephalus. Its the name Alexander the Great gave his horse and i've loved his history for years now. It means Strong/Stubborn/Oxhead.

:3

Sanguinus

Angelus Mortis
Reaction score

diabolus =devil in Latin i think
and
angelus mortis = angel of death

GrimWhim

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;431048 said:
And so, James' post got from a weapon's name to why he hates religion.

Oh BTW, don't go around saying books that are sacred to other people are stupid peasant. And even if you did, you're completely wrong, even if The Bible isn't sacred for you, it's still yhe most important literature work in exsistance.

Just because a book has a large following doesn't mean it's important. If that's the case, I think I should start worshiping Harry Potter.

tjbyrum1;431020 said:
Those Yin and Tang names sound good.

Very good.

:)

I'm deeply offended by your inability to correctly spell 'Yang'.

---

Also, naming weapons after gods in different mythologies is a pretty sweet idea. That's just one of those things that doesn't get old... unless everyone does it then it sucks.

coco_popsicle

Reaction score

Sword = Pointy
Gun = That which makes lots of noise. aka BANG!!

Gauntlets are as follows:
Lightning = Sparkle
Water = Sprinkle
and an together they shall be known as The Glitter Shower.

grogpole

Lord High Grand Duke of all Chickens of Albion
Reaction score

Skull splitter for a club or mace on really big tough enimes and a one sided axe called 'The Shining' to kill inoccent villagers whilst dressed as Jack Nicholson

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

just because a book has a large following doesn't mean it's important. If that's the case, I think I should start worshiping Harry Potter.

Yeah, JUST because it's a book, which just so happens to be the single most influencial book on the planet, changing thousands of lives every day, and on which the grounds of the majority of the Western/ Developed world's laws and constitutions are still based on, not to mention one of the major players in the formation of today's mostly polite, well learned culture, doesn't mean it's important. the ignorance of some people astounds me.

Just because you don't think that something isn't important to you doesn't change the fact that it is. I could quite easily say that Barack Obama becoming the President of the USA isn't an important step forward in the acceptance of Black people as a whole, but i would be WRONG, wouldn't I.

FYI some of the most powerful people on the planet are Christian: Obama (USA), David Cameron (UK), The Pope (Vatican + est 900,000 Catholics), many of the other European countries including France (so that is 3/8 of the worlds nuclear power and a huge slice of the political), large parts of Africa, and of course everything in the British commonwealth is a Christian state (Australia, New Zealand, Northern Ireland etc).

I will hold nothing against you however, now that i have this all off my chest. I'll even pray for your conversion(s).

(obviously the 's' applies to everyone atheist, Sikh, or Hindu, or one of the many smaller religions, like paganism, wicca, satanism, so on and so forth. Jews and Muslims worship the (more or less) same God, with variations, and Buddhists are mostly too entrenched in the whole ENLIGHTENMENT thing anyway.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

That book is also responsible for the deaths of millions and has caused many people to become ignorant and unwilling to accept other possibilities. It's done more harm than good.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score

joslen1;431277 said:
Just because you don't think that something isn't important to you doesn't change the fact that it is. I could quite easily say that Barack Obama becoming the President of the USA isn't an important step forward in the acceptance of Black people as a whole, but i would be WRONG, wouldn't I.
No, you'd be right. Polling has shown that Barack Obama's election has not changed race relations. Why would it? It's not like people would suddenly realize that they aren't racist because a half-black guy gets elected.

Barack Obama became president because more than half of Americans (who voted) were desperate to show that they weren't racist, which is obviously reverse discrimination at its very finest.

Or maybe the word you were looking for was milestone...

Reaction score

POOP;431302 said:
Barack Obama became president because more than half of Americans (who voted) were desperate to show that they weren't racist, which is obviously reverse discrimination at its very finest.

True, true.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

POOP;431302 said:
No, you'd be right. Polling has shown that Barack Obama's election has not changed race relations. Why would it? It's not like people would suddenly realize that they aren't racist because a half-black guy gets elected.

You may be immature but this post is full of truth. Have some rep, friend.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score

Gah. Grim, bro. Calm down you're out of your mind! Grimmy, yo so crazy!! (Joke)

GrimWhim

Reaction score

Arc Caster;431330 said:
Gah. Grim, bro. Calm down you're out of your mind! Grimmy, yo so crazy!! (Joke)

What?

o_O

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score

This is called Name your Weapon!

Not "Flame or Defend the Bible". Or whatever it is the hell you;re doing.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

Grim, that's the most idiotic thing I've ever seen you post. Seeing you as a logical person I did not expect you to compare the Bible to Harry Potter. It really is dissapointing and I now realize you just create arguments for the sake of creating them.

OT:

50 legendary weapons. Well, I think we'll have a jolly good time catchin' them all right? right?

Prince Louis

Incredibly Handsome Master of All Villainy
Reaction score

Wait.. 50!? O_O

Okay.. Thats not stretching 'legendary'..at ....all.

STILL CAN'T WAIT THOUGH! YAY YAY YAY

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

They do morp. 3 times each, one for each challenge.

OH and BTW you have to trade over Xbox LIVE to get them all...

GrimWhim

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;431378 said:
Grim, that's the most idiotic thing I've ever seen you post. Seeing you as a logical person I did not expect you to compare the Bible to Harry Potter. It really is dissapointing and I now realize you just create arguments for the sake of creating them.

First of all, don't insult me. I'm getting a little tired of people doing that and expecting me not to retaliate.

Just because a book has a large following doesn't mean it's important. If that's the case, I think I should start worshiping Harry Potter.

Secondly, I don't see how that is idiotic. Would it matter if I compared it to another religious text? No. I needed something that doesn't deal with religion to compare the two and Harry Potter was the first thing that came to mind.

killerequinox

Reaction score

The Tyrant Lord;431378 said:

Grim's post is actually very reasonable. Maybe if you stopped searching ceaselessly for all the negatives in every one of his posts, you would see that.
It seems like everyone here is constantly trying to make an enemy out of him, when really, he is no different than any of you. In fact, I would say that Grim is better than most of you because he is true to himself and his beliefs and he doesn't put anyone else down or insult them just because he doesn't agree with them. That's more than I can say for the rest of you.
Grim does not come on here to be criticized, harassed, or put down. Stop creating conflict.
Admittedly, I argued with him at first and went along with the rest of you in fighting him, but now I realize how foolish that was, and I apologize to you Grim. I think you’re wise, and people could learn a great deal from listening to you with an open mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.