• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New to Modding Fable?

rindai

Vorpal Fatality
Reaction score
Re: New to Modding Fable?

i modded the special_abilitys_lightning etc and changed a few spells, now i reinstalled fe and the game itself and the same error keeps occuring...

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Oh dear... I decided to start modding Fable, but it seems to be much harder than it looks. I've got a few BMP files of an edited armour (not mine), but I'd like to use them in-game, by importing it into FableExplorer. However... I do not know how.

I read this thread, and I tried to look for 'Open New', but it isn't there. Only 'Open', which gives you the options to either open a BIN, BIG or BBB file... not BMP?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Seems to be quite hard indeed. I'll keep trying, I guess. Thanks for the link, JohnDoe.

D

Disconnected:.

the chocolate box link doesnt work... did they remove it or something? I remember it worked like a month or some ago, if I'm correct that is. Also I still have the file and net 2.0, but when I try to open cbox it says something like "unhandled expectation has occured" and on top of the window it says "Windows.net Framework." Any help?

OldBoy

Reaction score

Disconnected:.;295684 said:
the chocolate box link doesnt work... did they remove it or something? I remember it worked like a month or some ago, if I'm correct that is. Also I still have the file and net 2.0, but when I try to open cbox it says something like "unhandled expectation has occured" and on top of the window it says "Windows.net Framework." Any help?

Thanks, fixed the link.

Gango

Eat it.
Reaction score

for some reason my FE wont work anymore, when i click on the icon, it comes up but it has that grey fade and you cant click anything, it worked the other day but now it doesnt

theboosher

Retexturer
Reaction score
uuh

i need help. basically ive edited the solus greatsword (changed name,descipt,damage, texture and deleted augments and added 10 different ones) with fe. originally i made it a light sword as well. before i modded it i went to the shop keeper at the guild and used the shop trainer to make the solus greatsword sellable there. i bought it and then saved, quited and edited it (see above) then ran the game and went to equip it. clicked inventory, fable was fine, clicked weapons, still fine, melee, still fine, scrolled down to the solus and the game crashes. i dont know why. so i made it a heavy sword again. still crashed. realised it might be because my physique wasnt lvl 3. got it to lvl 3. still crashed. made augments back to the originals. still crashes. i dont know what i did wrong. is it cus i brought it before modifying?

help plz i know i dont think i did anything wrong:'(

jwc2200

Reaction score

The first thing I would try would be to check the texture, make sure the alpha is set to 0(zero) and that the DXT is 1. I would not think most of what you did, other than the alpha thing, would cause a crash.
If that doesn't do it then replace your game.bin and try again.

Good luck.

OldBoy

Reaction score

Ok, I'm gonna update this again tonight.
But since I'm not very active anymore I'd like a bit of help.

Any suggestions on what is missing, or new tutorials that I haven't seen yet?
Please put down some links if you have any.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Other than Trainers, which are well covered by Sephi's post, this thread is perfect. I think any problems that new users encounter are caused by not paying attention to everything you and others wrote in your guides. I can not think of anything that needs to be added, this thread touches on so much that anyone should be able learn enough to become a contributing modder if they apply themselves.

OldBoy

Reaction score

Thanks for the heads up ;-)

Still, if you find any interesting tut, please post it here.

OldBoy

Reaction score

Update.
9 tutorials/links added. Also fixed a couple of broken/wrong links.

As for trainers: I don't consider them a part of modding. Besides; I don't like 'em ;-)

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Sorry for the bump/necro/whatever, but I just wanted to point out that the texporter tutorial doesn't link to a tutorial anymore.

OldBoy

Reaction score

Another update.

Numeroid

Reaction score

How can I hide my sheathed weapons? If there is a topic for this please point me to it.

Hawkey

Reaction score
Ughh it's me or the site: fabletlcmod.com is dead? :( I'm so unlucky lol