• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Orginial vs Remake

Which are better than first or original?

• Original Exorcist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Remade Exorcist

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Original Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Remake of TCM

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • The First Star Wars

• The Latest Star Wars

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • The First Godfather

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • The Latest Godfather

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • Original Superman

• Remade Superman

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Orginial vs Remake

Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Chewie is the very essence of awesome, whilst Jar-jar was an insult to the audience. You're sick man, just sick!

Evan52395;385836 said:
I had that one, but there wasn't enough poll options to add those, and I didn't think a lot of people cared as much for Jaws then like Star Wars or Godfather. :)

True. But Jaws is one of the best examples of terrible sequels, so if you're gonna write an report on the subject there is tons of info to be found.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Haha guys I wrote original wrong in the thread title.

And who's that monster from Star Wars that makes that noise, making him sound like a moose dying of hunger because he's too big to fit through two trees and hasn't eaten in a very long time? Is it Jar-Jar or Chewie, or...?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Oh the horror, I`m glad I haven`t seen any of the Jaws remakes. I mean, the original ones are... special in a good way.

Tsuyu;385837 said:
Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Chewie is the very essence of awesome, whilst Jar-jar was an insult to the audience.

Yep, seriously. Oh right, I was surprised a while back that you liked him, I´ve gotten the impression people usually hate Chewie.

Wookies in general were awesome in Republic Commando, I never liked Chewie, though. Han, on the other hand is probably mt favorite character (and I`m currently watching Indiana Jones too :lol:)

Edit: that strange beast is Chewie. Jar-Jar says "missa hungry" and all that.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Just take a look.

Jaws 4 Ending

Holy. F***.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Tsuyu;385842 said:
Just take a look.

Jaws 4 Ending

Holy. F***.

Oh my god. What the hell were they thinking.
No, let me rephrase that - were they even thinking when they made this. I doubt it.

And for the record, i´ve always thought the way Jaws went down in the second movie was pretty epic.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Jaws made me afraid of sharks. And I'm going to South Carolina for vacation which is very shark infested. ishk!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

TRA Rotid;385844 said:
Oh my god. What the hell were they thinking.
No, let me rephrase that - were they even thinking when they made this. I doubt it.

And for the record, i´ve always thought the way Jaws went down in the second movie was pretty epic.

The second movie was pretty much a standard sequel; a pretty decent movie on it's own and was quite faithful, but inferior, to the original.

But Jaws 3 went all nuts with that 3D concept they had going and spent no money on any other sort of effects. And Jaws 4 had....

....a white shark that roars like a lion....

EDIT: It should be mentioned that the ending I posted for Jaws 4 was an edited one. In the original one, they ram the shark which then, for reasons not even the director seems to be sure about, explodes. Here it is.

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

^haha no way. Do you have a clip of that one?

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Evan52395;385850 said:
^haha no way. Do you have a clip of that one?

Yes way.

It should also be noted that this was supposed to be the real ending. Although it friggin sucks due to the roaring shark and terrible effects, it is still better than the one they actually picked as the real ending. They apparently thought it made more sense for the shark to explode four times when rammed by the boat than just die a slow death due to pierced organs.

EDIT; Sorry if I'm going off-topic, but I just love talking about movie trivia... :wub:

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Exploding sharks... ...

Tsuyu;385849 said:
The second movie was pretty much a standard sequel; a pretty decent movie on it's own and was quite faithful, but inferior, to the original.

Ye the truth is, the only thing I remember of the movies are the endings.
And the scene from 2nd where one kid was happy for stealing 2 beers from the garage (funny Estonian subtitles are also to blame for this).

Another thing is that they rarely showed the 1st movie on TV, I think I`ve only seen it once; they showed the 2nd one quite a bit.

Edit: agreed with Tsuyu`s last statement. Me too :wub:

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score

Tsuyu;385852 said:
Yes way.

It should also be noted that this was supposed to be the real ending. Although it friggin sucks due to the roaring shark and terrible effects, it is still better than the one they actually picked as the real ending. They apparently thought it made more sense for the shark to explode four times when rammed by the boat than just die a slow death due to pierced organs.

EDIT; Sorry if I'm going off-topic, but I just love talking about movie trivia... :wub:

lmao!

You're not going off topic. We can discuss old movies being better or not, which is what you and Rotid are doing...i think.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

As I said, I`m currently watching the newest Indie movie and I can now relate to people who thought all the alien plot was unnecessary and kinda stupid.
Overall, I guess its a decent movie.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Yeah, what the hell do all the TV-networks have against originals? I HATE how every Friday or Saturday night they are airing the friggin' sequel to some awesome movie.

God knows how many nights I've ended up watching that friggin' flick called Ghostbusters II, and all throughout the movie I've just been wishing that they would've aired the original Ghostbusters. Don't get me wrong, Ghostbusters II aint a bad movie. But Ghostbusters is an epic movie and a god-damn classic!

Another series they have a hard-on for sequels is The Matrix-series. I swear, they always air two Matrix movies first on the Saturday evening, then the next one on the Sunday. But what do they do?

THEY AIR THE SECOND AND THIRD MOVIE! ALWAYS!

Not only have I've seen them, like, a gazillion times, but it makes no sense! Why not just air the first and the second movie? Or why not go out on a limb and air the entire series over Fri-Sat-Sun?! WHY NOT?!

Everything made worse by the second and third movie sucking balls in comparison to the first one. :'(

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Yeah. Although they usually do show sequels in correct order, mostly on Sunday nights. Showed National Treasure 1 and 2 a couple of weeks ago.
Also, what channel are you referring to? We have Viasat`s TV3, I think Viasat should be in Sweden too?

Regarding The Matrix - agreed. The very core of the problem is that they shouldn`t have made any sequels in the first place.

Other than the two movies I mentioned earlier, I haven`t been able to remember any other remakes that are better than the original. I`m sure I`m missing some obvious ones.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

The main culprit would actually be the Swedish TV3.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score

Remakes.

Originals suck. With their crappy effects and playdough monsters.

I don't want to hear anyone say "It was good for its time."

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

You poor misguided soul. What the originals lacked in special effects they made up with ingenuity and heart. The original Star Wars saga, for example. Most, if not all, the special effects had to be invented for those movies. There was no CGI library where they could just friggin' copy and paste stuff.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Voted, didn't read responses, Exorcist > New one, Star Wars > New one, Superman < New one

I couldn't decide on TCM so I voted both.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

We are talking about movies made in the 70s or after. Special effects were getting pretty good. Take Alien or Star Wars for example.

And although I mostly agree with a friend of mine who thinks people like old films just because they are old, Tsuyu`s words hold truth as well. Many today`s movies just lack substance.

Firis: most of the responses are me and Tsuyu ranting and venting about movies anyway.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Of course I don't just like movies because they are old; there were just as much garbage produced back then as it is today.I'd say the "gold-to-crap"-ratio was pretty much the same as it is today.

However, the good stuff that was made back then just had more heart than the good stuff made today. It is just even more painfully obvious when you look at remakes or sequels because then you automatically have the original for comparison.