• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Phobias

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Phobias

^I envy thy, I wanna visit it so bad.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

JohnDoe;344198 said:
Ever seen Cabin Fever?

It's that kind of stuff that I can't stand.

GAH!BY THE NINE DIVINES!

Spoiler than damn thing will you?

I have a fear of...*Sigh* don't laugh.Windows at nighttime...

See, when I was little, it was about 9:00 pm, and I was in the kitchen getting a glass of milk, and I looked over at the window we have in our kitchen to admire our neighbours flowers, and there was this man, crouched, staring through window, watching me, with no expression on his face, I screamed like a little girl, and my dad came in and saw that guy, so my dad grabbed a baseball bat and ran outside to catch him, but he took off.We never saw him again, but ever since that day, i've always been terrified that one day, i'll look through a window to see that face.That unmoving, emotionless face.Watching me.

I absolutely bloody love heights, more than anything.In fact, I don't like being on the ground, for some reason, I feel safe up high.

Zombies...Zombies were my biggest fear, It was so bad that I couldn't even go outside at night, or stay in a room alone.(Not a house alone, A ROOM) When outside at night, in a store, anywhere, My hands would shake, my eyes would dart around, my breathing would get heavy, fast and ragged, and i'd sweat profusely.I got over it a couple months ago thanks to Dead Rising (I don't know how don't ask), but still cannot go outside by myself at night, and I still (and probably will for a long time) get very uncomfortable and scared in a room by myself at night.This all happened because I made the HUGE mistake of watching Dawn of the Dead when I was...8, I think.It took away alot of opportunities for me.

As a defense for this fear, I developed the "Defense mechanism" I mentioned earlier.Whenever i'm scared, I become furious, enraged, a...Berserk sort of defense, if you will, and will attack anything I perceive as a threat that comes too close to me.Sort of like an animal, hm?This is bad in the sense that i'm capable of very violent things when angry.(Such as repeatedly slamming a boy my age's face into a metal pole when he struck my sister.)I hate this because I feel very guilty afterwards.

Psychosis

Reaction score

I don't know if you can really call this a phobia, as it's probably common, but I'm very scared of dying. Because I have no religion and no faith in anything spiritual, I believe that when you die, you're gone forever. No more seeing, hearing, touching, feeling, thinking. Nothing. Which is why I don't ever want to die. I don't want to just not exist any more. It's a scary thought.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

^At least you're not some blind follower of religion.

Yay for Atheism! :D

sassy

isa
Premium
Reaction score

Horribly, terribly, freakishly afraid of spiders. You really should see me if I accidently walk into a spider web. It's almost funny. I can't even watch a tv show about spiders. Thoroughly creeped out right now just thinking about those creepy little legs and...and...

*takes a deep breath*

Ok. Also slightly clausterphobic and I have a strange fear of being alone in a dark room...almost like someone is right behind me or something. I have no idea what that is about.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

This feels off topic, so...

I had a nightmare last night, I was in what felt like nothing but a room made out of a suppressing hatred, a deep desire to hurt, a seething hatred for everything.I was in a suit of silver armor, with a hammer I bought (Steel head, solid Iron shaft with a leather grip) and my hair wasn't brown anymore, but rather a golden sort of blonde, my eyes had gone from olive to bright bright blue.It felt like I could hear, feel, and see the room kinda...Pulse around me, that hatred, that bloodlust trying to make it's way into my head.I stood up and whipped around, I can't remember why I did, and I saw myself.A perfect mirror, only much more evil looking.Instead of eyes, there were black pits that hurt to look into, my skin was pale and cracked, when I blinked it dissapeared.Then something jumped on me, it was overwhelming, pinning me down, I tried and tried to get it off, but then I was looking through it's eyes, and I saw myself slowly turning to what I look like as I write this, then my skin got pale, my eyes started to sink in, and as my skin started to crack and I began to scream, I woke up.I still can't stop thinking about it.It may not seem creepy or scary to you, but I can't stop shaking and my eyes are darting around the room.I've got my hammer in my lap and i'm pretty freaked out.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

^Dun wurry. It's all gon b k.

L

Lexiface.

I'm afraid of things that spin: Yoyos, windchimes, kids toys that spin, signs at stores that are on a string, christmas ornaments that spin, pretty much everything except ceiling fans. Anyone else have this one? I don't know anyone else that has this and their is no name for it...

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

There's no such thing as necroposting in the Tavern.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I was under the assumption that that was only in the pub games.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

It's the spam section of the forums. It really doesn't matter. The posts here don't count towards your post count, so I figure anything goes, not to mention the staff have never really been strict police anyway. As long as it's reasonable then it's ok.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Posts in the pub games don't go toward your post count. In the rest of the tavern, they do. Go ahead, check your post count, and make a post ;).

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah I thought it was only in the pub section...

jwc2200

Reaction score

The thread wasn't idle long, and the post was relevant to the topic. Newcomers are going to make little mistakes until they learn how this forum works. If their first post gets them bitched at they may not stick around, so cut them some slack.

Welcome to the forum Lexiface, it was once a friendly place, hopefully it can be again.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I wasn't trying to bitch at him, I just said not to necropost. We can argue about what we consider to be a necropost all we want, but the point is that I was simply aiding in the process of a newcomer learning how things work around here, like you mentioned.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Well, ever since we got rid of the Cellar, I thought we changed that. My bad.

I still don't think it should matter.