• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Random Weapons Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Random Weapons Discussion

Okay, so we've been discussing the possibility gatling guns in fable 3 recently and it got me thinking...

Colt_Black_Brass_Trim_Navy_G1083ML_Large.jpg

Does anyone think Turret pistols will be replaced by Revolvers in Fable 3, Y'know because it's set in the industrial age, maybe one of the early models like the Colt Navy?

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score
Re: Random Weapons Discussion

SelfAppointedGunslinger;406972 said:
Okay, so we've been discussing the possibility gatling guns in fable 3 recently and it got me thinking...

Colt_Black_Brass_Trim_Navy_G1083ML_Large.jpg

Does anyone think Turret pistols will be replaced by Revolvers in Fable 3, Y'know because it's set in the industrial age, maybe one of the early models like the Colt Navy?

I like that idea...:D And it sounds possible.

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

definitely agree aswell, it would make me feel like "the Man with no name", Manco, and Blondie... though it would have to be stronger than the clockwork like the turret to keep its use.

Bluedrake

Reaction score

The turret pistol is essentially a revolver. I don't think they will change the design.

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

no, it is a mini Gatling gun, every barrel has a bolt, the barrels don't rotate like a revolver, the revolver would bridge the gap between the turret and the clockwork..

Bluedrake

Reaction score

Dark Prophit;406985 said:
the revolver would bridge the gap between the turret and the clockwork..

Not quite. The clockwork is a semi-automatic where you just put in a new clip when you're out of ammo. The revolver needs each chamber reloaded separately. That's why I compared it to the turret design. It's closer to the revolver than the clockwork is.

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

it depends what model revolver they use, i didn't say it was closer the clockwork, i am just saying it bridges that small gap of reloading the chamber instead of the barrel, you are correct with that the clockwork is semi-auto, it is just that the revolver would make a harder competitor with the clockwork cause you can load a revolver a lot faster than a turret.

Bluedrake

Reaction score

Dark Prophit;406992 said:
you can load a revolver a lot faster than a turret.

Not with the way they are presented in Fable 2. In real life maybe, I'm not an expert on guns, but the guns of Fable 2 all had a fairly simplistic design.

Unless you're talking about that reloading system for revolver where the bullets are held in a clip and you just put them in. I don't see it in a Fable game. The rule of cool applies too much for reality to get involved. :D

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

yeah, that is true, cause in reality the turret from fable 2 wouldn't work (srry if i sounded all "i know it all") but nevertheless i would want revolvers in the game just because they look way better than majority of the firearms, and plus i would definitely shoot reaver in the crotch with it....

Lithary

Reaction score

What weapons are we going to have at disposal anyway?
What weapons are confirmed and what weapons we might have?

Reaction score

Dark Prophit;406995 said:
yeah, that is true, cause in reality the turret from fable 2 wouldn't work (srry if i sounded all "i know it all") but nevertheless i would want revolvers in the game just because they look way better than majority of the firearms, and plus i would definitely shoot reaver in the crotch with it....

Hmmm there is one example of the turret rifle in real life: the volley gun, but it has to discharge all of it's bullets at once, looks a lot like one though.

http://ageofsail.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/nock_volley21.jpg

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score

yeah, that one and a Gatling gun are the working versions of turret weapons.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Sounds like a plan...:cool:

Bluedrake

Reaction score

Don't worry, you didn't sound like a know it all. Now shooting Reaver in that area is definitely a good idea.:D

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Bluedrake;407224 said:
Don't worry, you didn't sound like a know it all. Now shooting Reaver in that area is definitely a good idea.:D

A brillant idea.

OpenWorldExplorer

Reaction score

SelfAppointedGunslinger;407326 said:
Yep, thats where I remember it from. :D

Notice they didn't show him reloading it? It would have taken a whole episode to show the entire reloading process. :D

Reaction score

OpenWorldExplorer;407614 said:
Notice they didn't show him reloading it? It would have taken a whole episode to show the entire reloading process. :D

Oh yeah, It would have been a nightmare to reload. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.