• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Random Weapons Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Random Weapons Discussion

I would like to see revolvers implemented as well ;). It would supplement my dreams of being Roland Deschain.... But I also would like to see weapons such as swords and what not become unequipable in a sense that it doesn't appear on your back. In that case, an intelligent wizard doesn't need to have his style cramped by some hammer slung across his back....

Bluedrake

Reaction score

BalvarineBosmer;408060 said:
I would like to see revolvers implemented as well ;). It would supplement my dreams of being Roland Deschain.... But I also would like to see weapons such as swords and what not become unequipable in a sense that it doesn't appear on your back. In that case, an intelligent wizard doesn't need to have his style cramped by some hammer slung across his back....

That would nice. Heck, we've got the sanctuary now, why can't we conjure our weapons out of thin air?

I wish they would bring back the fist fighting. I really liked it in TLC. Villagers die too fast with weapons. It was so much fun to beat them to a pulp :D

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Bluedrake;408070 said:
That would nice. Heck, we've got the sanctuary now, why can't we conjure our weapons out of thin air?

I wish they would bring back the fist fighting. I really liked it in TLC. Villagers die too fast with weapons. It was so much fun to beat them to a pulp :D

Your a monster! I like you. :D

Bluedrake

Reaction score

Vicious Dice;408096 said:
Your a monster! I like you. :D

Meh, only when I'm in a bad mood. I kinda figured you would agree, considering your forum portrait. Wanna see a magic trick? :D

Reaction score

BalvarineBosmer;408060 said:

True, so very true. That should be in the game :)

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

Bluedrake;408098 said:
Meh, only when I'm in a bad mood. I kinda figured you would agree, considering your forum portrait. Wanna see a magic trick? :D

:unsure: 'Me?' Mmm...kay.

OpenWorldExplorer

Reaction score

How 'bout something like the LeMat http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeMat_Revolver? A nine shot cylinder and a smoothbore shotgun barrel underneath sounds like fun. :cool:

An Oblivion-like ability to unequip weapons so they don't show would definitely be a nice change, even for combat-oriented characters, especially when you're just wandering around one of the towns not fighting.

Reaction score

OpenWorldExplorer;408182 said:
How 'bout something like the LeMat http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LeMat_Revolver? A nine shot cylinder and a smoothbore shotgun barrel underneath sounds like fun. :cool:

An Oblivion-like ability to unequip weapons so they don't show would definitely be a nice change, even for combat-oriented characters, especially when you're just wandering around one of the towns not fighting.

Yeah plus the LeMat had had a shotgun barrell underneath the primary one, now thats what I call lethal! :thumbsup:

Bluedrake

Reaction score

That revolver is so cool looking! I want it! (Shame I live in Canada. Getting a handgun here is a nightmare.)

OpenWorldExplorer

Reaction score

Bluedrake;408254 said:
That revolver is so cool looking! I want it! (Shame I live in Canada. Getting a handgun here is a nightmare.)

I hear ya. Even here in the USA where we can buy them pretty easily, they're really expensive. A modern made reproduction LeMat runs around $900...o_O:'(

edit: I Just looked above my avatar and realized I've become an Arseface! Nothing like being an arsefaced chicken chaser! :D:p

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

I use that gun in Red Dead Redemption.

OpenWorldExplorer

Reaction score

Vicious Dice;408319 said:
I use that gun in Red Dead Redemption.

Yeah, I just realized they mentioned RDR at the bottom of that wiki page I linked to. I haven't played RDR yet, so I was unaware of this. And here I thought I was being really original suggesting the LeMat. :':)D

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

OpenWorldExplorer;408322 said:
Yeah, I just realized they mentioned RDR at the bottom of that wiki page I linked to. I haven't played RDR yet, so I was unaware of this. And here I thought I was being really original suggesting the LeMat. :':)D

It's a good game but it feels like Grand Theft Auto in the old West, which is neccessaryly a bad thing. I have the LeMat as one of my pistols.

Reaction score

Vicious Dice;408324 said:
It's a good game but it feels like Grand Theft Auto in the old West, which is neccessaryly a bad thing. I have the LeMat as one of my pistols.

Im more partial to the mauser myself, but the LeMat drops them pretty quickly. Finding it in a multiplayer deathmatch is very satisfying.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

SelfAppointedGunslinger;408336 said:
Im more partial to the mauser myself, but the LeMat drops them pretty quickly. Finding it in a multiplayer deathmatch is very satisfying.

Uh-huh. I haven't played it in a while...

monkeybuddhist

Reaction score

if youve all forgotten, Fable 3 is set 50 years after 2 so the guns and such wont be changed to much and revolvers werent for a long while later.

Bluedrake

Reaction score

monkeybuddhist;409498 said:
if youve all forgotten, Fable 3 is set 50 years after 2 so the guns and such wont be changed to much and revolvers werent for a long while later.

Semi-autos didn't exist either in that time period, yet we had them in Fable 2(clockwork).

Reality has little bearing on what Lionhead decides to implement in their games. :p

Reaction score

Bluedrake;409549 said:
Semi-autos didn't exist either in that time period, yet we had them in Fable 2(clockwork).

Reality has little bearing on what Lionhead decides to implement in their games. :p

Agreed, Fable 2 had condoms & cameras in it which weren't really invented until the early 1800's but they are still in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.