• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Request a Weapon/Armour

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SirusKaramory

Re: Request a Weapon/Armour

Could a mod please delete this post, accidently double-posted...:':):)blush:

S

SirusKaramory

I have a project I'm working on to turn the main hero into a Norseman, so far, I have the hair and beard done. Heh. Anyway, what I would ask of you is to make a golden battle worn Gjermundbu style helmet, I would think using the Bandit Bandanna would make this a fairly easy model, just ditching the knot on the back, and adding a ridge around the edge and a nose bridge, that would work, right? I am just now getting into 3D modelling, and I am finding it to be far more difficult than Photoshop's other features. I have tried multiple times to post this with a web address to an example, but it will not post for some reason, so I can only ask you make a quick Google image search for it, thats quite a specific title, hardly any ambiguity there. What I expect to prove a more difficult task, but may well not be; the Undead with the long tattered cape could make it easier, I do not know; I need a fur cloak, long enough to reach the back of a character at full height's knees, but not much, if at all, longer. Preferably this would be brown, with a rawhide inner; I humbly request this be made as an addition to the modified Bandanna as I plan to use this with the Bandit Shirt to appear as though it is attatched at the shoulders in a U shape, so that the top of the shirt back would remain visible. Now for the Bandit shirt itself, I have begun working on re-texturing that (as well as the remaining clothing articles) myself though if I cannot figure how to do so myself, I may return to you for assistance.

Now as for the weapon part in this, I am completely at a loss, I need to set it so that the Murren GreatHammer can be used as the ranged weapon, and fires lightning, I do not know if that is even possible, but if it means permanently changing the Arrow's appearance, so be it. For the Hammer itself, I think I can handle the re-texture, but perhaps you could create two new weapons that are visually copies of the Murren GreatHammer (One melee, one ranged) so the original need not be overwritten.

If you would be able to help in anyway on this project I cannot even began to express my gratitude.

OldBoy

Reaction score

Modeling clothing is a lot harder and more time consuming then weapons, just so you know.

S

SirusKaramory

OldBoy;267186 said:
Modeling clothing is a lot harder and more time consuming then weapons, just so you know.

I have heard that, the only part of the clothing that would be needed for it to be usable is the helmet, just making some minor changes to an existing model would not be too much work, right, I mean, the weighting and all that jazz would be already set. (I really do not understand how it works.:blush:) Please correct me if I am incorrect, I really do not know much about adding models, but I certainly wish too. :hmm:

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

this is simple(well kind of) just make the detail in archon's armor more visible because I only noticed all the detail when you play evil and the detail is awesome. i already found one on fabletlcmod but it wasn't enough. if you can do that great!

jwc2200

Reaction score

Archon'sRage;275294 said:
this is simple(well kind of) just make the detail in archon's armor more visible because I only noticed all the detail when you play evil and the detail is awesome. i already found one on fabletlcmod but it wasn't enough. if you can do that great!

I sharpened the gold piping and brightened everything else:
ArcShpfrtcloseup.jpg
ArcShpfrt.jpg

If you like it, get the bmp files and load them manually through FE.
bmp's:
http://www.box.net/shared/b6f43sg8q3

Jason

Archon'sRage

Reaction score

jwc2200;275587 said:
I sharpened the gold piping and brightened everything else:
ArcShpfrtcloseup.jpg
ArcShpfrt.jpg

If you like it, get the bmp files and load them manually through FE.
bmp's:
http://www.box.net/shared/b6f43sg8q3

Jason

thank you very much it looks very cool next time I paly fable i will put them on.:D

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

If you could re-color Neutral will robes with Dark green and black, and Regular Blue for Decals.I'm not picky so I'll let you decide what color you'll put on what part(except the decals, gotta be blue, heh.).

I'm in no hurry, so whenever you get the chance.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Colton;275855 said:
If you could re-color Neutral will robes with Dark green and black, and Regular Blue for Decals.I'm not picky so I'll let you decide what color you'll put on what part(except the decals, gotta be blue, heh.).

I'm in no hurry, so whenever you get the chance.

I have that in green already. What shade of blue, dark or light?

What do you think of this? If anyone likes it, let me know and I will post and fmp and/or bmp's.

FRT.jpg

BCK.jpg

jwc2200

Reaction score

It would take someone who knows how to create the model then put it into the game. I can not do that, but there are a couple of members who probably can, morerunes comes to mind. Maybe he will see this and take up the request.

yashen

Reaction score

klkl , just thought it would be a sweet weapon to have. oh well thanks anyways

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

u kno the 'Hooded Apprentice" Suit right?

when ur in the Heroes' Guild and u see the guys wearing the black/darker version of the hooded apprencice suit, can anyone link or send me the .fmp file for that? so i can add to FE and add it to my game.

jwc2200

Reaction score

I have one close, it is the darkest of the 3 dark guild suits, but it does not have the strip on the hood.
Screenshots here:
DKAPPFRT.jpg
DKAPPBK.jpg

You can add the suit using FE, here is a .big file:
http://www.box.net/shared/dytvnh5nt2

To apply it, save the file, open FE, right click textures.big and click merge big, and choose the saved big, then Apply, Save and Run Fable.

If you would rather apply it one piece at a time, here are the bmps:
http://www.box.net/shared/qvbzs2zbfs

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

umm i have a quick question about retexture files.

i can load mergeable .big files and play my game with no problem, but when i load .fmp or .bmp files for clothing retextures, my game usually always crashes.

can someone provide some help pls

jwc2200

Reaction score

You have to be sure to reset the alpha value to zero. That is if the value was zero when you opened the texture.
This thread covers that in detail:
http://forums.projectego.net/re-texturing-dummies-3558/

As far as fmps go, that is hit and miss in my opinion. Sometimes they work and sometimes not.

pPLnOmE

I am your Messiah
Reaction score

k, ill check it out,

but.... why can't people just upload retextures as a mergeable .big, it would make things SO much easier. O, and the files that i have happen to got to work, the color comes out all rainbow like, is that my computer? cause other people had no problems with the same files.

Status
Not open for further replies.