• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Respect

Do People...

• ...Earn Respect?

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • ...Deserve Respect?

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
i love chivalry, and it's really never taken for granted by the other party. if it is taken for granted, then there's no need to bother trying... not to mention there are plenty of girls today who see it as a sign of social inequality and can get a bit offended by it.
that's just as well, because i'd rather date someone who can appreciate the flirty undertones. :cheez:
every guy should come to appreciate chivalry. it's one of the oldest time-tested methods of successfully interacting with a girl on a more-than-just-friends basis. don't be so quick to knock it. :thumbsup:

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Chivalry IS dead.

And women killed it.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Good thing I don't want to get in their pants. Well, anyone's pants for that matter. So I guess it has no purpose for me. Phwew. Dodged that bullet.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Good thing I don't want to get in their pants. Well, anyone's pants for that matter. So I guess it has no purpose for me. Phwew. Dodged that bullet.
you aren't sexually attracted to either gender?

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
I thought I've discussed this here before. Oh well.

The answer would be "no," but I think it's a choice more than anything from fear of being hurt/rejected. I've come to terms that it's a waste of time and sex isn't worth it. I'm perfectly happy with deep emotional relationships with people. I just plan on being a virgin forever. :) Makes me stand out. I don't particularly care if it's positive or negative...I just want to be different in purity from others. My friends call me a saint since I've never done drugs (yes, including alcohol) and I don't swear (which I swear I've mentioned before).

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

The answer would be "no," but I think it's a choice more than anything from fear of being hurt/rejected. I've come to terms that it's a waste of time and sex isn't worth it. I'm perfectly happy with deep emotional relationships with people. I just plan on being a virgin forever. :)

Not wanting to have sexy... ever?

That's actually... quite frightening... as it is a normal instinct of being alive to seek that kind of companionship.

I'm not joking when I ask; have you ever had an MRI before? There may be something wrong. >_>'

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Your gay? So what. just dont hit on me. We're all the same until you make me hate you.

Homophobic much? If a gay dude hits on me, I'd take it as a compliment. You honestly care that much about someone just "hitting" on you? It is not like he's shoving his dick in your face or anything.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Not wanting to have sexy... ever?

That's actually... quite frightening... as it is a normal instinct of being alive to seek that kind of companionship.

I'm not joking when I ask; have you ever had an MRI before? There may be something wrong. >_>'
Correct. I have no intense desire to have sex. I'm a very reserved person and never hung out with people who's minds were on sex all the time. My first two years of high school I was part of a church...so obviously it was discouraged. My parents never disapproved of sex, though. My older brother was never home and wasn't much of an influence on me. However, my twin brother and I wouldn't have thought well of me if I did have sex, though. We're not conservative, that's just how it was. Kind of like the drug and swearing thing. It was mostly to just stay different, I guess.

I kept to myself more thoroughly my Junior and Senior year and saw how sex ruined my brother's (twin) life. Also, my ex girlfriend pressured me a lot, and I almost gave in but "I wasn't giving enough into the relationship" so she broke it off. Apparently all I had to do was say "no, I want to stay together" for it to stay together. But I'm much too passive to deny other's apparent feelings. Then she went and slept with some dude she'd seen for a week and started falling into a destructive mindset. Now she's with a girl who puts out readily though she's (my ex) is forcing the relationship on her (the girl). So now my friend is obsessed with sex and her life is kind of ruined and she's become a lesser person for it. She preaches that it's the best thing ever and that I need to do it, but she's a major reason why I'm so deterred.

Another reason is another friend who my twin went out with (my friend and brother are both male) and my brother cheated on my friend but now it's my friend's fault and he's banned from the house. My brother is now in a relationship with a whore. Pretty much, they're sex buddies but he (my brother's "boyfriend") insists they're in love.

So, I pretty much think sex is a waste of time and ruins a person. I honestly hate masterbating and I'm ashamed when I do it and I do it as fast as I can to get it over with. This only happens when I'm unproductive, however. I'm an emotional person and I only care about the emotions of others. I don't care what they have down there or to "feel good" like that. I have alternative ways to feel good.

whoa...that was longer than expected. :/

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Hm...so, Hobbe, you weren't treated with Respect before you showed physical prowess.

However, what would your answer be for you. Don't base it off what others have done or what you've experienced. How do you think it should go? (This pretty much goes for anyone that may not have taken this approach)

Well it's not that I wasn't treated with respect, I was just basically invisible. No one had an opinion. But now I'm literally THE coolest kid EVER. No exaggeration. Srs.

Anyway, I think you should be able to earn respect, the same way you earn money, or something else, I can only think of that analogy right now.

The answer would be "no," but I think it's a choice more than anything from fear of being hurt/rejected. I've come to terms that it's a waste of time and sex isn't worth it. I'm perfectly happy with deep emotional relationships with people. I just plan on being a virgin forever. :) Makes me stand out. I don't particularly care if it's positive or negative...I just want to be different in purity from others. My friends call me a saint since I've never done drugs (yes, including alcohol) and I don't swear (which I swear I've mentioned before).

I'm sorry. I just... WUT.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
i won't lie, i do take issue with your post. not because i'm offended that you want to be forever a virgin, but because i feel you're misinterpreting your experiences and blaming something that you have no personal experience with. if you don't wanna hear it, let me know and i should be able to delete it for you (gold member perks ;) )

i spoilered this bad boy since it turned out massive, as i'm writing an even more sizeabler...ish reply to your sizeable reply.
My first two years of high school I was part of a church...so obviously it was discouraged. My parents never disapproved of sex, though. My older brother was never home and wasn't much of an influence on me. However, my twin brother and I wouldn't have thought well of me if I did have sex, though. We're not conservative, that's just how it was. Kind of like the drug and swearing thing. It was mostly to just stay different, I guess.
ok, that's a normal situation for a younger person...

my ex girlfriend pressured me a lot, and I almost gave in but "I wasn't giving enough into the relationship" so she broke it off. Apparently all I had to do was say "no, I want to stay together" for it to stay together. But I'm much too passive to deny other's apparent feelings.
this is also incredibly normal. guys (especially inexperienced ones) can miss implications. this is a very typical case, and i don't see why you would site it as an example for not wanting sex. maybe she was a bit too forward with you, as you were clearly very guarded on the issue, which chalks up to being her fault for being a pushy over-dramatic rather than helping you ease into it. i don't know if it would have been her first time, but when dealing with a virgin as someone more experienced there are certain responsibilities. everyone knows that.

Then she went and slept with some dude she'd seen for a week and started falling into a destructive mindset. Now she's with a girl who puts out readily though she's (my ex) is forcing the relationship on her (the girl). So now my friend is obsessed with sex and her life is kind of ruined and she's become a lesser person for it. She preaches that it's the best thing ever and that I need to do it, but she's a major reason why I'm so deterred.
she obviously had problems from the start. it's a classic case of psycho girlfriend, and if i were you i'd be more glad that i wasn't dating her still. girls like that (and guys for that matter) can have a very negative draining effect. if you had made a thread about this at the time i'm sure you would have been told to get out while you can.

Another reason is another friend who my twin went out with (my friend and brother are both male) and my brother cheated on my friend but now it's my friend's fault and he's banned from the house. My brother is now in a relationship with a whore. Pretty much, they're sex buddies but he (my brother's "boyfriend") insists they're in love.
i'm really afraid to comment on this, but it sounds like your brother has relationship issues more than anything. if he cheated on your friend and messed up your situation with them the blame falls on him: not his lost virginity. it's not like once you get your cherry popped you become a self-sabotaging addict. :lol:
EDIT: after reading tsuyus reply i realized you may not have been literal when you called her a whore... to clarify that would be textbook sexism, in such a case might the source of everything you're on about.

you also that you seem to be holding sex to a very sacred standard. all of us sensitive-types do that before we see the other side. i was totally shocked at how liberal so many girls were in talking about it when i was in early high school. i had some kind of delusional notion that all girls were like upper class ladies of the 18th century, but that could just be because i never bothered to talk to them very much until high school. :lol:
so you're brother is dating a (assumed to be) bona-fide whore. what they have between them is exactly that - between them. judging people (even close family) on their sex life is a downward spiral. if she's just leading him along, he'll catch on eventually and get out himself. it's silly to expect everyone to treat sex like it's a sacred act in a social sense (not spiritual, you're free to believe what you want in that box of cereal) when others are much more exposed, therefore much more open about it.

So, I pretty much think sex is a waste of time and ruins a person. I honestly hate masterbating and I'm ashamed when I do it and I do it as fast as I can to get it over with. This only happens when I'm unproductive, however. I'm an emotional person and I only care about the emotions of others. I don't care what they have down there or to "feel good" like that. I have alternative ways to feel good.
i really think you're being quick to judge other peoples negative experiences for the wrong common factor. there's a saying that goes love is blind. i'm not going to say it applies to only love, or define what love is, but it definitely applies to intimacy on a sexual level. ESPECIALLY for someone who's more oriented towards being sensitive of others. the rest of the world goes out the window and your mind is focused only on (not necessarily sex) but your relationship with the other person.
your belief that sex makes a persons life go to garbage does hold some merit. but how strong the effect is depends largely on how mature the two people are and what kind of chemistry they have. the sex is there because, well, people in a relationship have sex.

as far as you being straight-edge to the core, hey that's your lifestyle choice. i've always embraced a "don't knock it til you try it" philosophy (within some limits....no hardcore drugs for me thanks). it was literally just the other day when i was thinking to myself that had i not gotten involved with any drugs or alcohol and slipped up academically for a while, i probably never would have tried them and figured that i had made the smart decision. which i would have, i can't deny that. but at the same time, as i am now i don't regret any of it. there's valuable experience in all of it, no matter how foul it seems from your position. it may sound like a paradox, but i'd also argue that it made me more mature exploring the other side and being so familiar with what it's like. i'm bringing this up because i think it applies to everything including sex. my reasons for not trying any drugs or alcohol was literally identical to your mindset, so i can easily understand where you're coming from.

consider this: it took lots of sex between lots of people throughout human history to get you where you are today.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
That sounds really, really stereotypically Christian, ssjb. Especially the part about thinking of a woman who has sex as a whore and thinking masturbation as "disgusting". You sure that church didn't get into your head?

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
You're exactly right cheez. I'm so closed off I can't even find interest to explore "what could be" because I don't think it will be worth it. I really do regret not doing anything you talked about because I have absolutely no life experience. I describe myself as "living through other people's experiences" because I'm not so closed-minded that I hate someone for doing drugs or sexing everyone up. I'm perfectly fine with it, actually. (well...not so much that it's effectively ruined your life). I'm actually envious of those who've done drugs and had sex, to be honest. I feel immature and less than them. However, that's not to say I'm not mature and poise.

I shouldn't base my decisions in life from experiences from other, I just do it. I don't like it and I've come to embrace it. However, who's to say that my "high path" is really the "low path" when it's a path no one takes. I've just had different experiences and have different mindsets of others. Those experiences, though, are invaluable and I praise you for your own life path.

As you can see, I took absolutely no offense to your words. Actually, I've gone over them in my head already so I know your side. I often regret those decision I never made and everything I've never done. My life is truly empty.

Looking at the other side, why should sex be so important? I know society heavily embraces it, but why is it so praised and worshiped and taboo to not do it? Shouldn't I be able to have an "intimate" relation with someone without the "sex." Unfortunately, "Intimate" means "Sex" to most people and they go hand-in-hand. Aren't I allowed to be happy without it? (this isn't my true stance, I'm just playing the Devil's Advocate)

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
It does, Tsuyu, but I'm sooooo Liberal. (by the way, you can just call me Sam as that's the initial for it)

Remember, this is only about my own body. And I don't think my ex is a whore, I think she's emotionally challenged. However, my brother current boyfriend (oh yeah, I forgot to correct cheez on the correct pronouns) is a super whore. Like, everyone knows it and no one likes him. But this is beside the point.

I honestly think it has something to do with the way my brother and I interacted with each other, though. We were so conservative about stuff like that and it's definitely stuck with me.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Looking at the other side, why should sex be so important? I know society heavily embraces it, but why is it so praised and worshiped and taboo to not do it? Shouldn't I be able to have an "intimate" relation with someone without the "sex." Unfortunately, "Intimate" means "Sex" to most people and they go hand-in-hand. Aren't I allowed to be happy without it? (this isn't my true stance, I'm just playing the Devil's Advocate)

Because the continuation of the species is hardwired into our animal brains. Humans are not sexless beings and as such it would be abnormal to not seek out sexual relations. And it is only taboo depending on how you look at it: a Buddhist monk who does not engage in any pleasures of the flesh is honored and respected; a 30 years-old man who's still not a virgin is pitied and looked down upon. Also, whilst sex might not be the only meaning to "intimate", it really is the most intimate experience two people people can experience.

Remember, this is only about my own body. And I don't think my ex is a whore, I think she's emotionally challenged. However, my brother current boyfriend (oh yeah, I forgot to correct cheez on the correct pronouns) is a super whore. Like, everyone knows it and no one likes him. But this is beside the point.

What would you think of a man who goes around scoring with lots of different ladies?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
You're exactly right cheez. I'm so closed off I can't even find interest to explore "what could be" because I don't think it will be worth it. I really do regret not doing anything you talked about because I have absolutely no life experience. I describe myself as "living through other people's experiences" because I'm not so closed-minded that I hate someone for doing drugs or sexing everyone up. I'm perfectly fine with it, actually. (well...not so much that it's effectively ruined your life). I'm actually envious of those who've done drugs and had sex, to be honest. I feel immature and less than them. However, that's not to say I'm not mature and poise.

I shouldn't base my decisions in life from experiences from other, I just do it. I don't like it and I've come to embrace it. However, who's to say that my "high path" is really the "low path" when it's a path no one takes. I've just had different experiences and have different mindsets of others. Those experiences, though, are invaluable and I praise you for your own life path.

you're talking like it's a lost cause and you aren't old yet even in the loosest definition of the word. what you're lacking is just plain old confidence. if you regret it, then you are literally sitting there admitting a mistake that you are committing yourself to repeating. a totally irrelivent tip that you should take nothing from ( ;) ) is that most people who drink frequently or (ESPECIALLY) smoke weed frequently are some of the most accepting people on the planet. that's the whole idea of it all. the only thing keeping anyone out of it is their own will, because it's so alluring by its very nature. i'm not saying go out and get addicted to everything under the sun with an STD collection to boot, but i guarantee you that there are people in your classes or living in your neighborhood who partake. it really is just as simple as going up and starting a conversation. if it isn't, then they aren't the type to spend your time with anyway so go find someone else! once you get involved in that sense the main thing we're talking about falls into place in just a matter of time. there's really no secret to it whatsoever.

As you can see, I took absolutely no offense to your words. Actually, I've gone over them in my head already so I know your side. I often regret those decision I never made and everything I've never done. My life is truly empty.
not gonna lie, it feels good to be right. i'd take the fact you were so open about it to mean that you're more or less just waiting for someone to come along and do it all for you. the only thing you lack now is a bit of old fashioned assertive action.

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
I have two versions of respect. The first is the "daily" form, if you will, where I'll always be respectful of others' property, personal space, emotions, authority, the dead, etc. That's always on.

The second follows the idea that I truly respect someone for who they are or what they've done. This requires quite a bit of effort to achieve. For me, no mere shows of anything can win that; it's what they do every day, how they work with others. Even if I don't like someone, I can see the true worth of their abilities and actions. Them's the goods, as it were.

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Again, you're so right cheez. I've just grown comfortable under this rock of mine that I don't care to come out. You know? And I am very undetermined to do anything for myself. I pretty much do need someone to do it for me. So I guess I have to be raped...:/
(bad joke? did I go too far?...meh)

I wasn't serious with that, it was really a joke. However, I have a whole lot of self-control which turns into shelteredness and unwillingness to do anything. :(

ssjcb1186

Hypocritical Bitch
Reaction score
Ooo...I'm going to have to take a break from this now...too emotionally exhausted.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Again, you're so right cheez. I've just grown comfortable under this rock of mine that I don't care to come out. You know? And I am very undetermined to do anything for myself. I pretty much do need someone to do it for me. So I guess I have to be raped...:/
(bad joke? did I go too far?...meh)

I wasn't serious with that, it was really a joke. However, I have a whole lot of self-control which turns into shelteredness and unwillingness to do anything. :(
it isn't self control if you don't know what you're stopping. that's the fear to go out on a limb. if you regret where you are, the problem is that you aren't determined. i can't send what you need over PayPal, but i can say that telling yourself encouraging words, just being friendly and open to people overall. you've grown accustomed to telling yourself that if you go out on a limb you're gonna fall - which isn't just unhealthy, it's just plain wrong. just commit yourself to what you want and it's all in the past. literally everything you're taking issue with not having done could be fit into about an hour if you played your cards right.

EDIT:
Ooo...I'm going to have to take a break from this now...too emotionally exhausted.
fair enough. i've been procrastinating like it's nobodies business anyway. :lol: