• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revenge..

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Do you feel it is ever truly justifiable? From minor circumstances to the extreme... Someone lies to you or spreads dirt behind your back, do you feel it is then acceptable to do the same to them? Say a lover cheats on you and dumps the relationship, do they really deserve bad things in return? Someone harms or kills a person you care about, would you seek to return the favor, not in self-defense but purely revenge? Even though it doesn't change what has happened, would it ever be worth it?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
To settle a score: Lay it on the stones.
I am a firm believer in revenge and curses.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
No, never worth it, be the "better" person and just get over it and learn from it..

Funny coming from a person like me, who looks angry 24/7 and hates everything in the world, but no, Whats the point, in the end you'll get hurt, they'll get hurt, raddy f*cking ra, now you have more drama.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
I had a girlfriend cheat on me with some guy waaay back in Jr high. After they broke up, me and that guy became really good friends for 2 years.

If some one threatened to kill a family member i would warn that family member then the authorities i suppose. But Ive never been in that situation before...

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
In most circumstances, no. Not a big fan of revenge.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I'm honestly not trying to give a half assed answer here, but like a lot of the time, it really depends on the situation. I feel like I end up saying that a lot because so many things can go in different directions under different circumstances. I almost never give a definite answer one way or the other to these kinds of things. After all, only a Sith deals in absolutes.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I tend to say pay-back - not revenge. It's basically a way of me having an excuse for being an asshole when someone royally ****es me off.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Eh, semantics bug me. Payback, revenge, they're the same thing.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I shouldn't do revenge but I do. In my head, most of the time, if truth be told - because I don't have the balls to do it in reality. Nor the physique, for that matter.

Forgiveness comes slowly for me and I struggle with stuff that seems to have gone unpunished - a huge part of me wants to make the person's life a misery but then I'll tell myself, "hey! they hate you and you're still living - that's gotta be punishment enough for now, right?"

It's not much, granted, but it helps.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I often have revenge fantasies. When I read about some little girl getting raped or something I like to plan how to torture and kill the rapist, Dexter-style. I guess I'm somewhat f'd in the head.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
Blood can only be repaid in blood

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
I often have revenge fantasies. When I read about some little girl getting raped or something I like to plan how to torture and kill the rapist, Dexter-style. I guess I'm somewhat f'd in the head.

That sounds perfectly normal to me.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Its circumstantial and ive gained revenge many times over if ive thought the person has deserved it. Sometimes ive felt better after it but most of the time it makes you look as bad as them, like you have stooped to their level and often makes you look like a d*** if im honest. You remember my whole situation with best friend going out with my ex girlfriend (and marrying her eventually) and all that and rumours circulating things had been going on a while. I took revenge by smashing his jaw and throwing him through a shop window. Made me feel a hell of a lot better at the time but made me look like a d*** in the grand scheme of things. I was angry and let that control what I thought he deserved but didnt make me look like the wronged party after that incident as people were more sympathetic with him to an extent.

Looking back I should have just walked away and left them to it and kept my dignity knowing I had done nothing wrong in the whole situation.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
You took care of it.

LIKE A MAN.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
You took care of it.

LIKE A MAN.

Yeah plenty of testosterone, violence, swearing and anger and made whole thing that bit more awkward (as if it wasnt already). Also made some people think I was insane as they didnt know whole story and what had happened and incident seemed to come out of nowhere on a night out when I saw him. Alcohol didnt help and lots of friendships were ruined that night and bridges well and truly burnt. I learnt a lot from it and who were true friends and who werent but overall it probably shouldnt have gone down that way, at least everytime I saw them afterwards they would move pub and made it easier to forget about. Granted they totally avoided me for a good year plus somehow in this small town and still seem to move pubs after I arrive 6 years later...

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
If Fight Club has taught me anything, is that sometimes it is good to release all your pent-up frustrations like that, though.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
If Fight Club has taught me anything, is that sometimes it is good to release all your pent-up frustrations like that, though.

True, it had built up over some time and at least it was the person who caused it that the venting was aimed at and not some person in the wrong place at the wrong time who caught me in the wrong mood. Which has also happened before and ended up with me in a police cell overnight, though that was sort of revenge for someone else. Some drunken moron who beat up a woman and her boyfriend for no reason, just my luck that a police car turned the corner just as I sent him half way across the road on his back... typically they hadnt seen what he had done to deserve it... >_<

Wasnt my place to interfere I guess but I was kind of drunk too and it was before the other incident so I still had some built up anger and rage inside and needed to vent.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
Its circumstantial and ive gained revenge many times over if ive thought the person has deserved it. Sometimes ive felt better after it but most of the time it makes you look as bad as them, like you have stooped to their level and often makes you look like a d*** if im honest. You remember my whole situation with best friend going out with my ex girlfriend (and marrying her eventually) and all that and rumours circulating things had been going on a while. I took revenge by smashing his jaw and throwing him through a shop window. Made me feel a hell of a lot better at the time but made me look like a d*** in the grand scheme of things. I was angry and let that control what I thought he deserved but didnt make me look like the wronged party after that incident as people were more sympathetic with him to an extent.

Looking back I should have just walked away and left them to it and kept my dignity knowing I had done nothing wrong in the whole situation.

If they were more sympathetic to him, they're probably not too bright. You don't date your friend's ex's. Especially not your BEST friend's ex's. If not due to morals or honor, then just basic bro-code. He deserved a beating.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
If they were more sympathetic to him, they're probably not too bright. You don't date your friend's ex's. Especially not your BEST friend's ex's. If not due to morals or honor, then just basic bro-code. He deserved a beating.