• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Smoking weed? Your views?

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score
Smoking weed? Your views?

Ok, now i know every other mention of weed has been deleted ect but i Just want to know your views on the drug, do you think it's right thats illegal and should remain so, or do you believe it should be legalised? Do you have a weed addiction? Do you know someone who has a weed adiction or has had in the past? Discuss because i would really like to see people viewpoints, not just "oh dude weeed is awesome" or anything like that, I am not gloryfying weed as it has ****ed my life up, so i hope this is within the rules? if not sorry and just lock the thread. But i really would be intrested in what people have to say on the subject.

~Fallen Savior.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score
Re: Smoking weed? Your views?

if you smoke weed, its your own buisness. i dont smoke it, but it think it should be legal. there really is no good reason for it to be illegal, the fact that its bad for you doesnt count, look at all the other harmful substances that are legal like beer or tobaco. if it was legal we could save tons of police hours that are wasted cuz of it. and if it was legal there would be no reson to smuggle it, cutting back on gang activity. obviously it would have to be regulated if it was legal, like no smoking in public or driving while high, but i think it would be alot better if it was legal.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

I think any substance that effects the way your brain functions should be outlawed.

Just my $0.02.

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

well forget your two cents lol jk. My body is my temple and if i wanna throw rocks at my windows then i will! Weed should be legal!

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Well i take it, Not OCCASIONALLY! Im not a Stoner Head.. I look and dress like one though I admit.

I just do it for a Social thing really.. Just to chill back.. Kinda like Alcohol, Make things a good time. Im not addicted, far from it. I Actually Don't think it should be Legal, Should stay Illegal. Its a waste of Money i think. (Never bought it, Always mooch off my friends) Hah!

So i Mean. Its Neutral for me. Not a Hater against it or a Lover.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

From a government point of view, it's either all or nothing. No drugs (alcohol, cigarettes, etc), or everything should be allowed.

Personally I'm a fan of doing whatever I want to my body. As long as you're not harming anyone else, go for it. Punishment for anything should be based on how much it harms other people. If you make a concious decision to do something to yourself, without any harmful effects on anyone else, then it should be allowed. I'm including suicide in that.

Dagzey

Sith Lord
Reaction score

I'm not a fan of it, because i have seen what it has done to some of my friends over the years, thankfully, many have changed their ways and cleaned up their act because of new responsibilities such as having children, but on the other, there are other people i know who still do it while they have their children around, and i even know of some girls who have continue to smoke it during pregnancy, which i personally believe is a form of child abuse.

another thing that stops me from smoking marijuana is my choice of career. i work in the mining industry and they have a zero tolerance for any illegal substance. alcohol is actually recommended to be consumed industry wide, within acceptable limits of course, but if you blow numbers in the morning, you take a sick day. if it becomes a regular thing, then there is an option for counseling. anything passed that is cause for dismissal.

anyway, back to topic. like i said, not a fan, but that's not to say i have not smoked and enjoyed it. when i was between the ages of 15 and 18, i had smoked it a bit depending on who i was hanging around with at the time, but i have no reason to do it now.

regarding legalization, i think it should be treated in the same manner as alcohol and tobacco. the only reason it's illegal is that it comes across as unethical for the government to legalize it, meaning they would have to put a tax on it as well, and there for profit from the people potentially ruining there lives through excessive consumption of it, yet they contradict those morals by allowing tobacco and alcohol to be legal. incidentally it is illegal to grow tobacco at home in Australia, but not to brew beer, but in other countries, those laws are the opposite.

i think i'm just yammering on now, so i'll leave it at that.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Maybe decriminalized, but not legal. And as Arseface said, it shouldn't matter as long as you are doing it to yourself only.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score

poopgod350;280950 said:
well forget your two cents lol jk. My body is my temple and if i wanna throw rocks at my windows then i will! Weed should be legal!

I agree with this until your highness impairs your judgment and makes you do something stupid that endangers yourself/others.

Then it becomes my business.

poopgod350

KINKY!
Reaction score

When i get high I hardly move much less be able to injure someone.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah Arseface stated it very well. Keep it to yourself, If Others are interfered in it then you need to stop.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Tyloric;280996 said:
I agree with this until your highness impairs your judgment and makes you do something stupid that endangers yourself/others.

Then it becomes my business.

Yes, but if you don't happen to hurt anyone (which is by far the higher demographic), you should not be punished for it (if caught). That is how it is now and it needs to change.

I'm not saying to let the people who do manage to harm others off the hook. Just get them and punish them accordingly.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

^I am pretty much with Arse on this one, I have never done pot, and I probably never will just out of fear that if I do it with my friends around Ill come back from the high with brown "Face paint" on me... But as far as illegal, it should be legal if ciggarettes, which are dangerous are let in...

Marijuana = Non dangerous to you, and usually not to other people, only damage is memory might be bad.

Alchohal = Should stay legal, its only abusers who get hurt bad, but I wouldn't take any, I can get a asy buzz from a coke, and its cheaper!

Cigs = Should be illegal, if marijuana is illegal than cigs should be aswell, since they are the most dangerous of the three I have stated, even if you dont do much of it...

I think its stupid how in America, I have never heard any ads discouraging Cocaine or Meth, only police videos of arresting Cocaine and Meth dealers! Yet every time I turn on the TV or Radio, there will be at least 2 anti-marijuana/alchohal commercials...

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Legalisation is something I'm not sure on - I'm not a drug fan but I do not know enough about both sides of the argument to make an informed decision just yet on that score.

I do not believe it is without positive medicinal properties, such as some MS or glaucoma sufferers may attest to, but I believe if it is going to be used to that effect then more research needs to be done into it and they need to find a way, if possible, to isolate the good bits from the bad so that you don't end up a paranoid gibbering mess in later years.

Yes, it's their lifestyle choice but to think for one second that those choices will never affect another person ever is to say all those people who take drugs are hermits. There is always an effect on others in some form or another - maybe not immediately, but it'll happen.

I personally have met a lot of long term pot users - and I'm not talking the odd smoke here and there, I'm talking regular prolonged use - and every single one of them was mentally ill on one level or another. It has an effect - maybe not now or in the next few months or whatever, but it will affect a person and those effects will not be nice.

And yes, this is more personal than objective - some of the things I was going to say I have deleted from this post as I figured people would be offended...

OldBoy

Reaction score

It's sort-of legal here ;)

Used to smoke a lot, don't anymore, maybe once a month but I havn't bought any in years.
I strongly believe it doesn't do much harm at all, especially compared to alcohol which causes lots of deaths each year in traffic and so on.

Anyways, I don't care much for it, except that I have no problems with it. Of course I know people who smoke too much, but it's better (I think) then drinking to much.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

I think with alcohol and cigarettes they have been socially acceptable for so blinkin' long that to outright try to ban them would never work - I mean, for years they would tell you smoking was actually really good for you until people got cancer and companies got sued.

And I would agree on that level - alcohol and tobacco are far more damaging. But that's not to say someone would not suffer ill effects from weed. Might not be in the same league as lung cancer or liver cirrhosis, but damage is still done.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Medicinal values are amazing, i was at a friends house and i had a bad cold, had two joints and my nose was completly unblocked was pretty fun, then my friend bega to hump his pillow not so fun...

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Well aside from the humping...:lol:

This is what I mean though - obviously the plant has medicinal properties which are hugely beneficial to a number of people; there just needs to be more research done into it. If they can spend thousands on funding research into why toothpast changes shape when it comes out of the tube (I'm serious, this actually did happen), then they can fund research into working out what is good about pot and making it so that it is entirely beneficial to those who need it as opposed to the brain mash-up it usually ends up being.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Angel;281101 said:
Well aside from the humping...:lol:

This is what I mean though - obviously the plant has medicinal properties which are hugely beneficial to a number of people; there just needs to be more research done into it. If they can spend thousands on funding research into why toothpast changes shape when it comes out of the tube (I'm serious, this actually did happen), then they can fund research into working out what is good about pot and making it so that it is entirely beneficial to those who need it as opposed to the brain mash-up it usually ends up being.

I agree completly!! I rarley smoke pot now anyway, but if i get ill i always keep a spare joint under the pillow, it actualy does help alot :) and giving me a pretty good high so i forget how much fuilds i've expelled from my body in the past 20 minutes lol.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Gross :lol:

Well, I used to spend a lot of time around drugs - particularly this one - and none of them did anyone any good, to be honest. I saw the worst it did to people, rather than the "happy little stoner" image most have and I guess that's part of what influences my aversion to recreational drugs. I've never taken drugs - at least not knowingly - but I've been a heavy passive smoker of pot, if that counts, and although I love the smell it just made me feel so damn ill but I was in a particular living situation which meant there was no avoiding the stuff.

Mind you, I could never stand the smell of solid - plus it wasn't worth the money unlike the grass. Some dealers would make the solid with one part pot and about 9 parts goodness knows what. Now that could be pretty dangerous stuff.

Not that I used to be involved in selling it or anything...:whistle: