• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So ****ed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael555

Reaction score
I got the collector's edition for Fable III. I got the playing cards but there was a little rip, like when you tear the tape off of something at the side and THERE WAS NO COIN. I know it's kind of insignificant but DAMN, that's a bunch of crap!

DeaconSeth

Reaction score
Ask for a refund.

About the best suggestion possible, albeit most likely useless as well :/

First step is indeed voicing the problem, because we all know it's highly possible for mass shipments to be missing items. Best to catch it as early as possible if that's the case.

Though as far as refunds are concerned, unless it's a common and proven issue, you're much less likely to get reimbursed.

Michael555

Reaction score
I want to, but at the same time, it's so insignificant I don't want to return just for THAT. Because I have to return it unopened and I've already opened the game! Well, I'll explain that, but we'll see. I'm still going to play it, I deserve at least that for my dissatisfaction.

BigDaddy

Reaction score
Its something that you paid for and for it not to be in the product they should refund/replace it. Would you be OK if it came without the game? Its just the same.

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score
returning it un-opened is stupid, how are you supposed to know if you CE is missing anything, it would be like buying a $2000 rifle and missing the trigger group and barrel (some of the most expensive parts of a gun) and not be able to get it reissued. you should be able to return it, i recommend talking to the retailer's manager where you got the game from, i had to do this when i bought Powerstone for the dreamcast and the disk was found loose and all scratched up when i opened it, the manager apologized and gave me a brand new copy. it would be poor customer service not to refund or give you another copy.

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score
Its something that you paid for and for it not to be in the product they should refund/replace it. Would you be OK if it came without the game? Its just the same.

technically he paid for everything in the CE, they should be able to give him another copy or a raincheck on the next shipment if they don't have extra copies on hand (which would really suck.)

Twilight

Reaction score
I want to, but at the same time, it's so insignificant I don't want to return just for THAT. Because I have to return it unopened and I've already opened the game! Well, I'll explain that, but we'll see. I'm still going to play it, I deserve at least that for my dissatisfaction.

You got what appears to be a pre-owned copy with content you paid for missing...Your more than entitled to a replacement or refund.

Michael555

Reaction score
I got my game from amazon.com :/

So it would take DAYS, and I've waited two years for the game.

Dark Prophit

The Horseman of Death
Premium
Reaction score
damn that sux, but if you want what you paid for, you will wait, you can always rent or buy another copy then return it.

Michael555

Reaction score
Well I have a MONTH to file a claim...and I did already open the game before I discovered the coin was gone....:devil:

Michael555

Reaction score
Would it be really evil to just play the whole game and then ask for the exchange? I've waited two years and had this game pre-ordered a month before it ever came out. I'm not going to use the DLC codes, I'm just going to play it. It was already opened before I discovered the lack of the coin, so what the hell, might as well play it.

Plus I have a month before the time expires for a refund.

sirsimon

Reaction score
how many of you have experienced this problem?

I preordered it, and its on its way, for fridays release.
I hope this wont happen to me.

sirsimon

Reaction score
shocking, but that's two out of several hundred american fans on this site.

What are the chances eh?

Michael555

Reaction score
Yeah, true. We'll see though. It's quite irritating. If I would've thought this would've happened, I probably would've thought twice about buying the collector's edition.

sirsimon

Reaction score
I understand your anger, I would be too, but you have the game and the cards, thats what counts

Michael555

Reaction score
OMG YOU GUYS! IT HAD FALLEN OUT DURING SHIPPING. I saw that guy updated his post who was posting on Lionhead about his missing coin and said it was behind the compartment. That was my issue! But when I SHOOK the box/book it was in, it didn't make a sound! No rattle. NOTHING. So I got my coin, now I feel incredibly stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.